main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Canada The whining thread

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Entil`Zha, Nov 14, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Entil`Zha

Entil`Zha Jedi Master star 4

Jul 9, 1999
    Here you can be a real Luke Skywalker and whine all you want, within reasonable parameters of course, so just feel free to say whatever you want or complain about anything!

Let me be the first to complain: "I don't want to study because there's too many things to do so I create useless topics to pass some time"

2. Ian_Ball

Ian_Ball Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2001
    I wanna see Ep2 NOW..darn GL, too cool to release his crappy movie for jerks today :(

(jokin)

3. Admiral_Thrawn60

Admiral_Thrawn60 Jedi Youngling star 6

Jul 8, 2000
    I don't want to go to boot camp, I don't want to do MOC training, I don't want to attend high school, I don't want to live with my mom, I don't want to live in BC, I don't want to have to share my computer with my family, I don't want to do homework, I don't want to write my math test tomorrow, I don't want to be doing so poorly in math, I don't want to have to do my physics lab at lunch because I skipped it today, I don't want to live so far away from Launch, I don't want to wait so long to see her, I don't want to have to deal with my sister daily, I don't want to have tobacco cravings, I don't want to wait for Episode 2, I don't want to wait for Medal of Honour: Allied Assault, I don't want to be deployed overseas, and I don't want to have so many things to whine about.

Great thread, Entil'Zha. :D

4. Ian_Ball

Sep 21, 2001
    if ya don`t wanna go to war or boot camp. why are you joining the army? I don`t wanna hear Thrawn whine anymore :(

5. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    I'm not joining the Army. I'm joining the Air Force. There is a fundamental difference. Army, for the most part, is a bunch of stupid strong people using their body. Air Force, for the most part, is a bunch of smart strong people using their body and brain. I don't want to go to Basic Training, but I know the rewards (employment in the CF) is worth it. I don't want to go to war because I hate war. The CF has a committment to peacekeeping. I support that. That is why I'm joining.

10 posts until I catch up to Launch. Sorry, love. [face_devil] [face_love]

6. Ian_Ball

Sep 21, 2001
    Army personell don`t use brains? I thought you were intelligent!...That statement reflects badly on the airforce by the way..all because of a little joke on my part

7. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    I didn't say army personelle use brains. I said much of them don't. The army often recruits strong people for infantry who arn't smart enough to get a better job elsewhere. Of course, some army people do use their brains, such as signal operators. On the other hand, the army is mostly made up of infantry, and all they do is run and gun, for the most part.

8. Ian_Ball

Sep 21, 2001
    I know lots of infantry, who know more things about land based combat...it boggles the mind!, yes some are not too bright, but I`m sure the airforce has just as many...trust me, I know ;) I`ve met some choice ones...I hate the whole air vs army vs navy debate!!..in cadets we just agreed that the navy sucks, and army and air were equally good.

9. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    I remember agreeing to a similar thing too. The Air and Army Cadets ganging up on the Sea Cadets with their laughable uniforms.

(for those who don't know, there's always been a friendly rivalry between the elements and an ongoing debate over which is better)

10. Ian_Ball

Sep 21, 2001
    there was really no rivalry between navy vs air or navy vs army....navy ALWAYS lost....so air and army were left to duke it out so to speak....there were some damn fine air cadets that i knew, and some good army too....it`s kinda like comparing apples and oranges i guess...army was always better at the rifle shoots, and phys training, survival etc..air cadets always had the best bands ;)

I`m joking thrawn :)

11. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    Air Cadets have the best bands? :eek:

Not with my old squadron! Our band sucked. At annual last year, our RO was Lt.Gen. Campbell, Chief of Air Staff. Our base drummer, a Corporal at the time, was alternatin between "boom.............boom" and "boom....boom"! We were trying to keep pace with the base drummer, and it was a mess. At a parade last year on April Fools Day, I did not recognize God Save the Queen from the Vernon squadron's band! And Oh Canada was so badly butchered I wanted to request the Drum Major be demoted!

12. Ian_Ball

Sep 21, 2001
    LOL, that`s pretty funny...i was on snare and we had some pretty bad bass drummers on...needless to say they got 'relocated'

13. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    I was never in the band. I have made a point of avoiding it whenever possible.

EDIT: Why is it that threads on the Canadian board always get sidetracked?

14. Ian_Ball

Sep 21, 2001
    I dunno..it`s just the way it is..I`ll get us back on topic though...

ahem...

RIckyyyyyyyyy!!!!!! I wanna go to the club with you, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!

15. Entil`Zha

Entil`Zha Jedi Master star 4

Jul 9, 1999
    I don't want to hear about the army anymore!!!! hehe Just kidding hey AT60, maybe you will have to follow a few training weeks in my hometown in Quebec, we used to have a military college, the Feds closed it, so to speak, but we still have the base... you must have heard or you will hear soon, a small town on the south shore of Montreal...

16. Cristalia

Cristalia Jedi Youngling star 3

May 15, 2000
    In the true spirit of this thread, I don't wanna hear Thrawnie and Ian bicker anymore. I also don't want to have this bloody cough, I don't want any more rejection letters, I don't want to hear from the idiot who critted a story about love and regrets I wrote and complained it didn't have enough sex in it, and I don't want bombs dropping on Afghanistan.

This thread is too negative. How about this. I do want sushi for lunch today.

There. Now aren't we all in a better mood? :)

Cris~

17. Ian_Ball

Sep 21, 2001
    sushi? but i wanted to go to toshi station to pick up some power converters!

18. Cristalia

Cristalia Jedi Youngling star 3

May 15, 2000
    Well, instead we'll go to Sushi Station to pick up some surf clam and california rolls. :)

Cris~

19. Ian_Ball

Sep 21, 2001
    mmmmm, seafood...... ok, forget toshi station......

20. TragicLad

TragicLad Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    "none of you understand me. You don't know who I am. You don't care what I feel. I'm gonna run away and join the thumbellian alliance."

(boy, that kid really is a whiner)

21. Launch

Launch Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    i swear, ever thrad you enter chis turns in to a military one

22. Ian_Ball

Sep 21, 2001
    And now you know...and knowing is half the battle!

- what`s the other half?

violence :)

23. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    I briefly mentioned the military, love, and Ian started discussing it. I didn't mean to! :(

//removes all military references from profile

People, it bothers Kat, so let's not talk about it anymore, OK? Just pretend I'm a civilian. I've become known as the forum military man, and I'd rather not have that reputation, because people connect me to war.

24. Ian_Ball

Sep 21, 2001
    oh brother....god forbid you get assoiciated with the people who protect our country

25. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    She, and many others, do not see the forces as protecting the country or keeping the peace, but as warriors who kill and fight wars. That's perfectly understandable. Look at what we were doing last month, for example. I see it as a noble thing to do. A way to keep peace and protect the nation. Most of my military comrades do as well. But, so many people connect it to war, violence, and hate, and I'd rather not be associated with that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.