main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The White Eyed One (FURY SPOILERS!)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Barriss_Coffee, Jan 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    If there's one thing I can't stand anymore, it's these characters with NO NAMES!

It's like Lucas's companies (Arts/Licensing/etc) are thriving on our impatience! I mean, seriously -- "Let's introduce another sketchy half-described character into the series and - best of all! - don't give him a name!"

So who do y'all think White Eyes is? Cuz if he ain't somebody we know already, I'm gonna scream. I've had a theory for a while now that Blackhole was gonna come back someday, probably as some sketchy half-described character leading his own little troop of Darth Wannabes. Then comes Inferno and Fury and lo-and-behold, a Mysterious Man is leading the Sith (or at least is the surrogate Master for the time being).

So what's my evidence this is Blackhole? Observe:

-Blackhole had white eyes in some of his holograms.
    -He's been behind pretty much everything in the EU during and after the Empire Era (leader of Imperial Intelligence, controlled the HoloNet, Member of Prophets of the Darkside, Master of Jerec, Advisor to Palpatine, father of Sariss, pretty much made and conducted the Seven Dark Jedi and their Dark Forces II mission, made the False Prophets of GODV, made those Force-paddle thingamajigs that detected Force-Sensitives, helped Palpatine return to Byss, made all those Shadow Troopers we're inundated with at Hasbro and Gentle Giant, outfitted Carnor Jax with his army, made (and paralyzed) Lord Nyax, and is probably the only surviving Emperor's Hand (unless Mr. Steele is still on the loose)). And he did some other stuff on the side that isn't as important.
    -He tends to stick to the second-rate "advisor" role (hence why he brought back Palps and derailed Jerec and the other warlords' grabs for power before the whole Byss thing could happen) -- this would explain why he's only a substitute leader (probably under Krayt)
    -He's one of the very first EU villains ever - earlier than even Lumiya, and thus would follow in with the Lumiya theme
    -He's got an uncanny knack with electronics (explaining how he read the data chip using the Force)
    -His obsession with the color black would be ironic, given Alema's name for him
    -Dician looks up to Vader and Palpatine's empire, whereas Krayt obviously didn't; if she's working with Blackhole, her thinking would be explained

But above all: Luke said Blackhole would pay for everything he did to him. And he hasn't.

Ultimately, he's an exceptionally powerful Dark Sider on the loose, and the best fit to be leading the One Sith during Krayt's absence.

At least, this is my personal, highly subjective take on the issue. What have you all been thinking in regards to this "White Eyes?"

The Prophet:
    [image=http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/6492/blackholear8.jpg]

I see London,
    I see France,
    Someday I'm gonna kick
    Luke's flat
    PANTS

2. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    I really like the idea that it's Blackhole, but I assumed it was just an Arkanian Sith Lord.

3. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    I assumed it was Darth Krayt.

4. Master_Starwalker

Sep 20, 2003
    But Krayt doesn't have white eyes.

5. Trip

Trip Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    OMG COFFEE MARRY ME

6. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    White eyes is one of the Darth Wyyyrlocks (sp?)

7. Kaje

Kaje Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2005
    Wyyrlok

8. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    And Alema is looney toons.

9. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    I suppose it would make sense and he could be pretending he's not the Lord he's referring to in order to throw her off the trail...

It would make sense that White Eyes would be Wyyrlok I but I imagine Alema'd mention horns. Hm...white eyes...could be Kel Dor.

10. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Trip and Coffee
    Talking in the Chat
    D-I-S-C-U-S-S-I-N-G B-L-A-C-K-H-O-L-E
    First comes continuity, then comes fanon,
    then comes the retcon in the golden... uh, canon

I'm no poet. :(

Can I be the best man though? I'll bring funky and poorly constructed photoshop images. And a tea cosy!

11. Master_Starwalker

Sep 20, 2003
    She would qualify as an incredibly unreliable narrator.

12. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Master Starwalker: I agree; I originally thought he was an Arkanian, but both Denning and Alston describe him more as a blind man than an alien, and they seem to be purposefully hiding his name.

Charles:
    White Eyes mentioned in Inferno that the group had a leader ("Our Master met Vergere while he was a captive..." p.215), who I'm assuming is Krayt

Trip: As one who detests Lord Beings of Swirblies, I do say no.

Ulicus: I'm... not going there.

Horsey: That might be true, if the Wyyyyyyyyrloks aren't all related.

13. Trip

Trip Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    Uli, don't be silly.

I would never try to come between Coffee and San. [face_plain]

14. Emperor_Time

Emperor_Time Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2007
    What would be strange is that the white eyed one named is the white eyed one? :eek:

15. Earthknight

Earthknight Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 3, 2002
    White Eyes is Anakin Solo.

16. blaXXer

blaXXer Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 17, 2007
    quite wrong my dear, fellow poster, it is obvious that he can be no other than the Major of Sernpidal.

17. Jedi-Sith

Jedi-Sith Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 4, 2001
    can't be Darth Krayt since he certainly doesn't have white eyes, (plus he refers to their master as a seperate being to himself)

can't be Darth Wyyrlok since Fury state he was human and Wyyrlok I being the grandfather of Wyyrlok III is a Chagrian (plus he was seen in Legacy #18 as a Chagrian)

can't be an Arkanian for again Fury stated he was human

can't be Anakin Solo because he's dead already

I like the idea of him being Blackhole.... plus its the only suggestion so far thats possible....

18. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Hmmm... given the OOU relationship between Blackhole and Shadowspawn perhaps we'll see some light shed on this in Shadows of Mindor.

19. _Erasmus_

_Erasmus_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 2, 2007
    Why can't White Eyes be his own character?

It is entirely unnecessary to link every piece of EU together, reusing old characters just so the hard core fans feel a tiny sense of recognition and delight. The galaxy is certainly a big enough place, full of uninitiated people to inhabit SW lore.

I noticed that some refer to White Eyes as human, does Inferno explicitly state that? He may simply be humanoid.

Sith + dark Sith temple/retreat + concealing black cloak + glowing white eyes = ?

20. Jedi-Sith

Aug 4, 2001
    Fury explicitly says hes human

and I happen to prefer characters being ones we already know.... at least minor characters anyway... makes me care about them more.....

the only time I want new characters is if we're getting a new main character.... which I doubt White Eyes is meant to turn out as.

21. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    "White Eyes" can't be the first of Darth Krayt's hereditary Chagrian gimps, because he's human.

"White Eyes" can't be Darth Krayt, because he has white eyes. And isn't in stasis. And refers to Krayt in the third person. Repeatedly. :p

White Eyes is presumably:

a.) Arkanian

b.) Rindaoan

c.) Doing something very funky that's like "Sith eyes", only shining with pure light rather than firey anger.

A part of me would like White Eyes to be Anakin Solo (nervous though I am about Sith!Anakin), and he certainly has some Vader moves going on - Force choke, for instance, plus an ability to read memory chip with his mind, which suggests some Skywalkerish ability to connect with mechanical equipment...

But really, I guess, we have to wait and see.

The interesting thing is that Dician is apparently operating in the Galaxy with several cover-identities, including one as a Corellian Intelligence officer, under which she contacted the Jedi.

Have we seen any other Sith already, and just not realised? [face_thinking] :eek: [face_mischief]

- The Imperial Ewok

22. Jedi-Sith

Aug 4, 2001

ummm.... correct me if I'm wrong but if he's human.... he can't be Arkanian... they're not human.

don't know about the Rindaoan.

I just assumed white eyes were like Kreia's

23. StarscreamPrime

StarscreamPrime Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2006
    Usually masked super heroes/villains have eyes that appear to be white, so my guess is "White Eyes" is really... Batman. [face_laugh]

Seriously, I don't believe this Sith figurehead will actually be anyone of recognition in the SW universe. I may end up eating crow about it, but c'mon... not EVERYTHING has to be connected to the past.

24. Jedimarine

Jedimarine Force Ghost star 5

Feb 13, 2001
    I think the better question at this point is when are we going to find out? Is this the "Revelation"?

Do we assume White Eyes will be tied to the fate of Jacen and the conclusion of LOTF, or is this the villain who leads us into the post-LOTF/pre-LEGACY window?

It makes sense with Lumiya dusted off that we could see Blackhole...It would fit this "tying up loose ends" motif they've been on lately. The only issue I have with it being Blackhole is the detail they give...Blackhole is rather vague in description...and we've seen his picture...the detail to which the character was crafted is either blackhole as we've never seen him (unmasked/robed) or it's not him.

And it would not surprise me one bit if it directly ties with Shadows of Mindor...since all the authors seem to delight in making references to other works just released. They must think themselves quite clever :rolleyes:.

25. SephyCloneNo15

SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 9, 2005
    White Eyes is San Hill!

Empire at War: Forces of Corruption proves that San Hill is not only alive, but inexplicably looks like a human. In the canon, he therefore survives being attacked by Vader, then stops looking like a Muun, then gets kidnapped by the Zann Consortium, then ???

It fits perfectly.

Either that or he's the Secret Apprentice (wait, that's something vaguely resembling plausible)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.