main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC The WHore House™ - Version 7.0

Discussion in 'Community' started by zOMG, Jul 26, 2008.

1. Terr_Mys

Terr_Mys Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    Ossy, my parents saw that you called me Craig on my facebook wall and so they sent me a message tonight on Skype saying "Hi Craig," just to annoy me because they know I hate that name too.

I hope you're happy.

2. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
  3. darth_boy

darth_boy Jedi Grand Master star 7

Apr 1, 2001

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

hAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

!!!!!11!!!!

Do they actually think I'm mental that I call you that?

4. Terr_Mys

May 19, 2002
    No, they think it's funny that you're winding me up. :(

5. darth_boy

Apr 1, 2001
    The thing is I always forget your real name

Its always

Craig

Terry

Grg

6. darth_boy

Apr 1, 2001
    HE"S BACKKKKKKK

.............................,-~*`¯lllllll`*~,..........................................
    .......................,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll¯`*-,....................................
    ..................,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*-,..................................
    ...............,-*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll..................................
    .............;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll............................
    ..............lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/.........;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,...........................
    ...............lllllllllllllllllllll,-*...........`~-~-,...(.(¯`*,`,..........................
    ................llllllllllll,-~*.....................)_-..*`*;..)..........................
    .................,-*`¯,*`)............,-~*`~................/.....................
    ..................|/.../.../~,......-~*,-~*`;................/...................
    ................./.../.../.../..,-,..*~,.`*~*................*....................
    ................|.../.../.../.*`..............................)....)¯`~,..................
    ................|./.../..../.......)......,.)`*~-,............/....|..)...`~-,.............
    ..............././.../...,*`-,.....`-,...*`....,---........../...../..|.........¯```*~-,,,,
    ...............(..........)`*~-,....`*`.,-~*.,-*......|.../..../.../....................
    ................*-,.......`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*..........|.,*...,*...|......................
    ...................*,.........`-,...)-,..............,-*`...,-*....(`-,...................

7. DK_Force85

DK_Force85 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2006
  8. Terr_Mys

May 19, 2002
    Rachel, today I accompanied my high school students to an English play being performed in town. The company is based in the south of France and is run by a couple: a French woman and a Scottish man (big surprise there). They have a bilingual 8-year-old daughter who came onto the stage with the cast for the Q&A session at the end of the show. Responding to an audience question about what they liked in France, the cast members were listing things like, "the food, the wine, the cheese..." and suddenly the 8-year-old FSC child shouted, "the whiskey!" Most of the students in the audience didn't hear/understand her, but I was cracking up for a while.

PS Jazzy I expect a full top 100 TV show list in the thread within the half hour.

9. darth_boy

Apr 1, 2001
    lol ^

I see you guys spamming FB, but it's way too many posts for my laziness to read today.

J fell off.

I'm on twitter now.

10. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    **** a twitter.

11. sithysithy

sithysithy Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 27, 2002
    zomg if all of you guys join twitter i will start using it again too and it will be like old AIM days except public, 140 characters, and 100x slower

12. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    No. #Twittersucks

13. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Twitter is not something you use to communicate back and forth with friends.

hahaah [face_love] FSC children. The only good children.

-sj loves kevin spacey

14. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
  15. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I fully agree. I too am ticked about having to drive a couple minutes to go pick up my pizza now instead of it being delivered.

-sj loves kevin spacey

16. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    did you say pizza

17. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Mmm it's okay, now I'm eating the pizza. Things are under control.

-sj loves kevin spacey

18. Terr_Mys

May 19, 2002
    This is the worst thread ever

19. DK_Force85

DK_Force85 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2006
    This is the worst post ever.

20. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    [image=http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/7838/fuuuuuuu.png]

21. Terr_Mys

May 19, 2002
    So I finally watched all of The Wire. I'd agree with what I assume is the general consensus that seasons 2 and 5 are the weakest of the series. The serial killer plotline stretched the series' believability IMO, and some of the characters in season 2 (e.g. Ziggy) were just not believable either. Given my background, I was a little annoyed that the writers' attempts to approximate the vernacular of the white working class in Baltimore felt very contrived, whereas they did such a good job with the black characters. Seriously, none of the major white characters have Baltimore accents. How does that work?

But if this is my biggest criticism of the series, that just tells you how solid a show it is. :p

I have a hard time choosing a favorite season. I think I liked 4 the best, mainly because of the focus on the characters and its examination of the fundamental societal ills underlying the whole drug trade. But 4 wouldn't have worked on its own; it builds upon the rest of the series and makes it deeper. Seasons 1 and 3 were fantastic and arguably had the most tension and suspense, which made for really gripping crime drama. Colvin's "experiment" does stretch the limits of believability a little bit, but that's the only bad thing I have to say about the season. Season 1 I'd have to watch again to fully appreciate, but it's quite possibly the most solid and well-rounded of the series.

22. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    Yeah, Ziggy is the main problem with Season 2.

23. Terr_Mys

May 19, 2002
    Good reply

24. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    [face_plain]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gtaf9Hp04yY&t=1m50s

25. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Yeah see, I don't think Ziggy is an unbelievable character. I know people that idiotic and ridiculous. Really, there are a number of them on the JC. I just think he's so annoying that it can make that season hard to watch... although I did like it a lot more a second time around and felt a little bit for him. A little.

Season 4 is definitely the best, though. I still haven't re-watched 5 because I got stalled when I started watching The West Wing. Maybe I'll watch it in the next week or so.

-sj loves kevin spacey