main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Widow Skywalker-- (post ROTJ AU staring Luke & Padme) Author's Note, 5/24/05!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Meredith_B_Mallory, Jul 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DANA28

DANA28 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 15, 2002
    I can feel Lukes excitement!

2. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    hay Senoj *hugs*

3. Whiskey in the Jar-Jar

Whiskey in the Jar-Jar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 17, 2000
    A POST AT LAST!

WOOHOO!

Can't wait to see what happens next. The reunion should be interesting :D

4. EmilieDarklighter

EmilieDarklighter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    Mally! You can't leave me there! *pouts* Run, Lukie, run! Go and see Mommy!

5. ShaydremMoon

ShaydremMoon Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 19, 2002
    oooooh a post! Thankyou so much! Please don't ever make us wait that long again, you ALWAYS end with cliff hangers!

6. Bri_Windstar

Bri_Windstar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    OMG- i absolutely LOVED the scene replayed between Vader and Leia. You can really almost feel that leather hand running down your cheek, which, i should tell you, would scare the SITH outa me!!!

A question, when Leia shuts her mind down in the flashback scene, is it her unknown Force abilities that do it, or something else. I thought it to be the Force, but i wasnt 100% sure and want to be.

I adore that last little quip at the end of Luke's conversation with Diep. Very fitting way 2 respond. It made me grin! :)

*hehe* he's getting CLOSER.....
    It's good that he's running; the faster he goes, the sooner he will get there!

Leia may be an Organa by name, but she's a Skywalker by birthright [face_mischief]

::Windstar Out::

7. leia_amigirl

leia_amigirl Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 27, 2002
    *gasps* That was absolutely wonderful Meredith!!! I have been awaiting a post and alas, here it is. I must say that it was well worth the wait :DIt had a creepy feeling to it, but it only helped cause intrigue. Not to mention Luke's anxiety, that is very realistic! Loved the post, and I hope to see more soon. By the way, nice cliffie to finish off the post ;)

Amigirl [face_love]

8. Lucid_Lady

Lucid_Lady Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 28, 2002
    WOW!!! We finally got more. It was very well done too.

9. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    I am so looking forward to the next post. Run Luke, it's time to meet your mom.

more soon I hope

please?

puppy eyes.

more soon :D

10. Meredith_B_Mallory

Meredith_B_Mallory Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 6, 2001
    Wow... you guys are far too kind to me! Thank you so much for all the kind comments. I hope you had a wonderful turkey day.

SpacedOutAnna- 'Brilliant'? [face_blush] I'm so glad the post didn't disappoint.

DantanaSkywalker- *ctches Danna before she falls off the cliff hanger* ;) have so many ideas for the next post.. I'm trying to sort through them all.

lt_ketch09- I'm hoping not to leave you hanging too long...

Chaos_Rose- I'm so glad yu thought things were in character. *beams* A high compliment, coming from you. :D I'm glad Deip worked ut, too-- she just sorta jumped in there. [face_shocked]

JediFalcon- I am wrking on the next pot, believe it or not. :D Thanks so much! I'll get the next bit out soon... wouldn't want the Reader's Rights police to come after me. ;) Are you and Senoj pals?

Inez- You have such a beautiful name. ^_^ I'm glad the flashbacks worked... I was getting worried there were too many of them.

MariahJade2- *tosses Mariah a rope* I won't keep you hanging for long, corss my heart. I've always been intrieged by Vader and Leia's relationship..I'm glad that addition worked.

Jazz_Skywalker- Yeah! Ups already... ;)

DarthBreezy- Wow! I've been reading you 'Falls the Shadow' and 'Deceptions' (BAD Obi!). A compliment from you means a lot.

Shinning_Star- *grins* I was wondering how the Luke/Vader scene would work, but I watched ROTJ and it seemed to fit. I'm glad you liked it-- it makes me feel more confident about it. :D

RebelMom- Glad you think I have Luke in character. :D Nice to heave you here as well as on 'Our Lady'.

Senoj- That was so sweet of you to say that. Thank you so much.

little_Skywalker- comming right up! ^_^

DANA28- Then that means I'm doing this right! ;)

Whiskey- Praise from the Drunken Gungan is always nice! [face_devil]

Emilie- I love your new icon! *grins* I'm glad you're enjoying. I hope the next post lives as well.

ShaydremMoon- 'Always end with cliffhangers'? Thanks! :D [face_devil] ;)

Bri_Windstar- You're right, it's Leia's force reflexes that thwart Vader's attempt to read her. :D

Leia_amigirl- You're so sweet. :D I'm glad Luke is coming across right. He's hard to write.

LucidLady- That's a great sig quote-- "I have nothing against men, i just thrive better without them" :D

Love to all of you,
    Meredith

11. LadyZ

LadyZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    Up!!! :)

12. StarBlazer

StarBlazer Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2001
    [face_shocked] Wow Meredith! And of course, you just had to leave it right there, when they're finally going to meet! 8-} I hope another post is coming soon! :D

*SB*

13. Bri_Windstar

Bri_Windstar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    Whaddya know, i actually got something right in this story!! Thanx.

::Windstar Out::

14. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Great fic Meredith!!! I love the ROTJ flashbacks Luke is having!!!! And the ghost of Anakin is so sad....... :_|

15. t65flyer

t65flyer Jedi Master star 3

Oct 14, 2000
    :eek: i'm going to start having falling dreams with all these cliffhangers ;)

16. EmilieDarklighter

EmilieDarklighter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    I agree, flyer. Cliffies are bad, and they seem to be Mally-dearest's specialty. And she leaves us hanging for

DAYS

and

DAYS

and

DAYS

and

WEEKS (hey, that doesn't fit!)

and

DAYS

One of these things is not like the other
    One of things does not belong
    One of these things is not like the other
    and I'm probably annoying with this stupid little song.

Okay, can you tell I'm bored? Not that bored is bad; I could be doing homework. Unfortunately, I've had acute bronchitis/early pnuemonia and I've been at home all week. So I have nothing to do but speculate about my favorite ficcies. (*wink* And this IS right up there with Galaxy's Reflection and Negotiations with Destiny)

Of course, I'm not entitled to whine about infrequent posts. I post only moderately faster than Mally-dearest.

Hey!

Speaking of stories!!

[shameless_plug]

Hey everybody, go read my new story, LANDSLIDE.

It's got Lukie and Mara and all sorts of cool things. And Lukie torture. Gotta love the Lukie torture.

[/shameless_plug]

Okay, I'm done rambling now.

*waves hand*

You can go about your business.

Move along.

17. t65flyer

Oct 14, 2000
    i had a falling dream last night as predicted. i fell into a vat of Cream of Wheat.
    i don't know where THAT came from, but i DID wake up hungry. ;)

18. inez_the_swampgirl

inez_the_swampgirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2002
    that is pretty weird flyer...but have no fear...you are not alone...I once dreamed my home was being invaded by alien plants that had human eyeballs and breathed color (white and purple).

*looks around nervously* What are you doing with those white coats? No really...it was just a dream, no need for padded rooms, I promise.

*runs away*

19. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    Falling into Cream of Wheat and invading plants that breathe color...wow.....
    *shakes head* Um, anyway...

Meredith, I just found this and am trying very hard to think of feedback for you, but I think I'm speechless. This is better writing than I've seen in many published books. I'm not sure I've ever read anything with so much detail, so well used. Often details in this quantity make a story unwieldy, but never here. Every word rings true. The characterization is dead on. The imagery is exquisite. The different scenes follow each other with perfect logic. You have an extraordinary talent. When you decide to publish your work professionally, may I get my copy autographed? Now I have to go seek out your other stories and read them as well...

Oh, and please post more on this one!!!

20. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    *Be vewy, vewy quiet.... I'm hunting posties....*

21. inez_the_swampgirl

inez_the_swampgirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2002
    But it's plotbunny season! :p

inez

22. t65flyer

Oct 14, 2000
    happy birthday to me
    can we have a postie?? [face_kitty]

23. Lucid_Lady

Lucid_Lady Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 28, 2002
    Thank you Meredith. That is the first time anyone has complemented me on my signature.

And UP!!!!!

24. Falls_the_Shadow

Falls_the_Shadow Jedi Youngling star 3

May 31, 2002
    Worth the wait, as I said before.

The Vader/Leia flashback was good.

Yes, that ROTJ add on "your mother's son" was great. Come on, George, add 30 seconds onto ROTJ ultimate edition.

Luke on a speeder racing out into the sunset looking for his mother. Am I the only one who is seeing Luke morph into Anakin on the swoop bike in AOTC?

:_| :_| :_|

Falls brings milk for the kittens and puppies playing on the thread.

25. t65flyer

Oct 14, 2000
    more upping!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.