The Widow Skywalker-- (post ROTJ AU staring Luke & Padme) Author's Note, 5/24/05!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Meredith_B_Mallory, Jul 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meredith_B_Mallory Jedi Knight

star 2
    *steals 300th post*

Sorry, couldn't help myself. Again, you guys are awesome-- it bears repeating. ;)

Upping this so people can find it.

-Meredith
  2. MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor

VIP
    star 5
    Best. Reunion. Scene. Ever. :)
  3. maramijade Jedi Master

star 4
    LOL great ending of that post :D

Just found this and can't wait for more!!!

4. Gabri_Jade VIP

VIP
    star 5
    Just before I turned off the computer to go to work this morning, I looked at the front page one last time and lo and behold: The Widow Skywalker, updated. Do you have any idea how painful it was to go ahead and turn the computer off anyway, knowing there was a new post? I've been thinking about it all day.

Meredith, it was beautiful. Honestly, every post of yours that I read feels like a 'what you should do' sort of example in a writing class. I find myself tucking away within my memory techniques and words and phrases and images that I can perhaps someday adapt in my own work -- I wish I could write like you do. So incredibly poetic and evocative; and Luke and Padme are so completely as they should be. I forget that I'm reading and simply live the story along with the characters. Truly enchanting, Meredith. I sincerely hope that real life allows you to write more soon, because I'm dying to read the rest of this. :)

And the feedback song... *laughs* My mother makes up lyrics to existing songs all the time. You're the only person I've ever found who's as good at it as she is. :D
  5. rhonderoo Former Head Admin

star 9
    Great post Meredith!!!! I'm so glad you're back!!!!!

I love how you write, very poetic. This story is happy and tragic at the same time. Wonderful story. Bravo!
  6. Jedi-2B Force Ghost

star 4
    I more or less lurk on these boards, but I've been waiting and waiting for the next post to this story. It was wonderfully tender and sweet. I'm looking forward to the rest.
  7. LadyZ Jedi Master

star 4
    h, I loved it!! It was beautiful!!! Awesome!!! :D :D

Please moreeeeeeeeeee!!! :D
  8. RebelMom Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I tried to post last night and my computer wouldn't let me. *grr* Anyway, beautiful reunion. It was worth the wait.
  9. REBADAMS7 Jedi Master

star 4
    Started with this on Ffnet- glad to have seen the meeting at last. It was wonderously written!
    Keep up the GREAT work
    REb
  10. Sock_of_Darth_Vader Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh, oh, oh!
    :Melts: This is so beautiful. Just..lovely. Padme and Luke are spot-on down. And your style is so lyrical and slowing. Wow!
  11. Meredith_B_Mallory Jedi Knight

star 2
    UP~!

Will in detail as soon as I get back from Uni.
    *zooms off like a mad hatter*

-Meredith
  12. Meredith_B_Mallory Jedi Knight

star 2
    MariahJade2- Really? Well, I had to stand up next to FernWithy's most excellent "First Encounters"... this is kind of a different tone. Anyway, I'm really glad you enjoyed it!

Maramijade- Welcome to the thread! *glomps Marami*

GabriJade- You are always so incredibly sweet and thoughtful-- thank you so much for the detailed feedback. *blush* I'm not sure I really even have my own style, but I'm glad you think so. [face_love]

Rhonderoo- I'm glad you guys are still around. Now that I know for sure where I have this story going, I think I'll be able to finish it in a more timely fashion. *hopeful* I kinda want to write a sequel with Leia and Han, but I dunno...

Jedi2-B- It was sweet of you to delurk to comment on my story. Thank you so much!

Lady_Z- Yokatta! :D

RebelMom- I'm glad I didn't disappoint. :D

REBADAMS7- What's your ff.net name? Maybe I'll recognize you... ;) Anyway, I'm glad to finally have the reunion conquered-- that was the hardest scene.

Sock of Darth Vader- I read your 'Breathing Space', so it was really great to get feedback from a great author like you!

-Meredith
    exhausted after three hours of Japanese X_X
  13. rhonderoo Former Head Admin

star 9
    Rhonderoo- I'm glad you guys are still around. Now that I know for sure where I have this story going, I think I'll be able to finish it in a more timely fashion. *hopeful* I kinda want to write a sequel with Leia and Han, but I dunno...

Oooh, now that would be good.... :)

After reading Tataoine Ghost, I want them to know all about their parents... :)
  14. leia_naberrie Jedi Master

star 4
    SHE POSTED !!!!
    YES!!!!!!!!!!
    YES!!!!!!!!!
    YES!!!
    I am practically going mental.

OK.OK.
    Breathe
    I'll read it now
  15. Sock_of_Darth_Vader Jedi Master

star 4
    Oooh, Meredith thinks I'm a great author! [face_blush]

And I meant 'flowing', not 'slowing' up in my review, lol. Kinda changes the meaning, doesn't it? :D
  16. t65flyer Jedi Knight

star 3
    AWWWWWWWWWW...Luke and mommy!!! [face_love]
    [face_kitty]
  17. Meredith_B_Mallory Jedi Knight

star 2
    Rhonderoo- I know the feeling... especially since Padme disappeared so completely between PT and OT. X_X

LeiaNaberrie- I really hope it was worth your excitement. *glomp*

Sock of Darth- It's not that I *say* so, it's that it's a fact you're great writer! *smug grin* ;)

And I was listening to what you meant, not what you said. *double wink*

t65flyer- You're right, kittens are cute. So are Luke and his Mommy. :D Glad you liked.

and now...

UP, UP and AWAY!

... so people can find it.

Praise the Lady, I have a four day weekend. *crosses fingers that she can find her muse* Wish me luck!

*pwoosh*
    -Meredith
  18. StarBlazer Jedi Master

star 4
    [face_shocked] A postie!!! :D Wow Meredith, it may have been awhile since your last post, but you certainly haven't lost your amazing touch! Looking forward to more! ;)

*SB*
  19. bat21 Jedi Padawan

This is GREAT. It's also very realistic. Luke just stumbled accross her. The Force really does work in mysterious ways.

I can't wait for more.

P.S. Where can I find "First Encounters"
  20. Gabri_Jade VIP

VIP
    star 5
    I'm not sure I really even have my own style, but I'm glad you think so.

*slaps forehead and mutters incoherently*
    Yes, Meredith dearest, you do indeed have your own style -- and a lovely, eloquent, distinctive style it is. Good luck in finding your muse this weekend. :D
  21. Meredith_B_Mallory Jedi Knight

star 2
    StarBlazer- You always say the sweetest things! [face_blush]

bat21- Indeed it does, Bat-- indeed it does. :D FernWithy's glorious Luke, Leia and Padme reunion can be found here. She has a bunch of other great stuff on the site, too.

GabiJade-*blush* Don't smack your forehead on my account... ;)

The new set-up for the FF forums is kind of neat, but it'll take some getting used to. :D I'm thinking of moving this over to Beyond the Saga with the next post... but that seems to be mostly EU stories, where as this is mostly Alternate Universe. I dunno. What do you guys think?

This, of course, all implies that I have to _have_ something to post. *eyes Carol, her muse* Hmm... *lunges for Carol, who escapes the pounce and goes back to hiding on top of the refridgerator*
    Darn it all.

However, I have Matzos! This is a Very Good Thing, Indeed. :D
    -Meredith
  22. Mieko_Amidala Jedi Padawan

You posted! Woo-hoo! :)

I adore your writing. As was already said earlier, and more eloquently by another reader, you have a beautiful way of phrasing -- very evocative, poetic, and so on.

I'm glad to see you got your SW muse back, even if it's just for a little while...but I'm hoping it'll be for more than just a little while. <insert subliminal message: post more, post more, post more!>

Do you see this story tying in with any of your others? You hinted, or told, some things that happened to Padme in the past in this story, and I'm just wondering if some of your other fics are not (or have not) been showing those events, too....

Arigatoo gozaimasu!

Mieko
  23. leia_naberrie Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes. It was well worth my excitement. Your writing is excellent. It just gets better and better

My best parts:

1. Dark touches light, light becomes shade, becomes shadow, becomes like unto the darkness itself and...

(What manner of woman...)

2. The gate was tied haphazardly with twine but, before Luke's fingers could brush against it, the string fell away and the breeze seemed alive as it pushed the barrier aside. A child's laugh, yet deep like a man's, seemed to brush up against Luke like the wind; he hadn't felt that presence so keenly even on Endor, and it seemed strong and vibrant now.

( This part made me weepy )

I especially loved this part:

I don't really _know_ you... and you, what must you think of me

So I do hope you will follow your own good example and post on the rest of your threads.

In my opinion, this thread is more of an AU than anything. I think it's fine just where it is.

I PM'd you before. I hope you will reply soon.
  24. t65flyer Jedi Knight

star 3
    *holds up yard glass*
    MORE PLEASE ;) :D :D :D :p
  25. Sunshine Jedi Knight

star 2
    Meredith, Meredith, Meredith. What can I say? I love this story. The whole idea is so remarkably wonderful that I am astounded, so much that I can't even formulate complete and coherent sentences!

*nods* Yeah, I need more. And soon.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.