main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Widow Skywalker-- (post ROTJ AU staring Luke & Padme) Author's Note, 5/24/05!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Meredith_B_Mallory, Jul 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jazz_Skywalker

Jazz_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    "Of course," she said, reaching up to touch his cheek. Then, just as tenderly, she looked away. More quietly, "Back to Coruscant..."

That should be interesting...

I'm so glad you posted, and what a great post at that!

Up!

JS

2. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Oh my.... words fail. I mean, really stunned into silence. There's so much here... so much beauty in the words... just *sigh*

MOre please?

3. SarkaVrae

SarkaVrae Jedi Master star 5

Jun 3, 2004
    wipes tears from eyes...

man, that was good! so breathless & tender! :)

Meredith--I will feed your Muse all you want, if you will only promise to continue to post! :D

sigh how sweet, yet so so sad!

4. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Padmé smiled, though a few tears dropped to make ripples in the water's surface. "I don't know how I could have raised him, without always seeing you.

I never really thought about it before, but it's true that this could've been how Padme made the difficult decision about which twin she kept -- Luke would've reminded her too much of Anakin, and she could've feared that something terrible would've happened to him if he was with her, just as it had Anakin. That is, providing she had a choice, and Obi-Wan & Yoda didn't decide for her. Guess we'll find out next May.

Lovely post, as always. I really liked how Anakin's spirit visited her, and Luke's thoughts of how his protectiveness of Leia propelled him to the edge of the dark side. Looking forward to when Padme goes back to Coruscant with Luke.

5. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    That's really neat that Padme can converse with Anakin even though he's dead - a little creepy too. I enjoyed the conversation too.

I'll feed your muse. What would you like? Chocolate, flowers?

6. geo3

geo3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    You and your Muse are back in rare form. You?re producing magic again.

Padmé was slow to wake but swift to rise, once she'd pierced the final veil. Consciousness was like breathing; you never realized how effortless it was until you broke the surface of the water, greedy for air.

That?s a pretty good description of what it feels like to plunge into this post. Once we (the readers) begin, we?re pulled into a greater reality ? clearer, deeper, and more beautiful, than the one we leave behind...

Through the window, she could see the riotous colors of the Koe sunrise, shades and hues which did not readily ascribe to names.

...like your images... clear, deep and beautiful.

For a moment she stretched, an inventory of her body, before she swung her legs over the side of the basin and stood, barefoot, in the center of her home?

...and into the very center of our awareness.

It is exceptionally rare for someone to be able to accurately and vividly describe non-physical experiences. You ae a master of this:

It was the immediacy of the feeling, the intensity, that shook her. That he had been reaching for her, as if expecting her down one road and then glancing her form, too far to turn back, down another. His touch had been as intense as it was brief; like fingers simply lacking the strength, but not the determination, to hold on.

He lingered, briefly; she felt his absence like air rushing in to fill a vacuum.

Mother's blocks were different, strange, like a world seen through distorted glass. More disturbing, perhaps, for the half-shapes one could see.

My sincerest compliments to Muse and writer!

7. anidanami124

anidanami124 Jedi Master star 6

Aug 24, 2002
    I had found and read part of this story before. I think I will have to read this from the beinging. :)

8. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Wonderful chapter, Meredith!!!

I loved the conversation with Anakin! Very poignant, but creepy (in a good way) as RM says. You can almost see his ethereal form in your words. Lovely. [face_love]

I can't wait until the next chapter. Luke has finally found someone who will really understand what happened on the second death star.

9. ___Sithspawn___

___Sithspawn___ Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 17, 2004
    Yet another beautiful post.

*feeds your muse*

10. hollynkesten

hollynkesten Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2004
    bring her back, and let it be a suprise for Leia! That would be awesome! especially since Leia thinks she is dead! let him catch her up with the galaxy news tho!

11. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    Wow, I can't believe there was a post on this one. :D It's wonderful to read it again. I went back and re-read the whole thing again and I just love the beautiful images you create.

12. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    More more more??????

13. inez_the_swampgirl

inez_the_swampgirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2002
    Just wanted you to know that I'm back from hibernating, and I'm slowly catching up on all my fave fics, this one included. :)

14. Meredith_B_Mallory

Meredith_B_Mallory Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 6, 2001
    Wheeeee. Just escaped from Darth Exams and Darth MustClean!House. ^_~ *dusts self off* I apologize for my tardiness in replying. I'm still trying to get everything prepped for Christmas (and I owe a story for a Secret Santa in another fandom) but I hope to post something soon. ^__^

In the mean time...

Jazz_Skywalker- I'm glad you liked it. I hope I can keep you guys interested until the end. *smiles*

Breezy- *dies looking at Breezy's icon* Ohhh my. ^_^ I'm glad this part was up to par. More soon, I hope.

Sarka- *Meredith's Muse, Carol, eyes Sarka spectulatively* Oh, don't promise to feed her-- she'll get more bunnies and torture me. ^_~ I'm so glad you're enjoying things!

Jedi-2b- Let's hope my muse cooperates-- I'd like to get things to Coruscant, too! I can't wait until May, even though George probably has some nasty surprises in there for us.. *sniffles*

RebelMom- My muse likes chocolate and tempura. ^^ As do I, in fact. ^_~ I hope Anakin's visitation wasn't too cliche. It seemed right, at the time.

geo3- You sure know how to treat a girl. ^_~ Seriously, thank you so much for your sweet comments. You have no idea how much I appreciate them. ^_^

anidanami124- I hope you enjoy the story!

rhonderoo- I'm glad Anakin's appearance worked. I was worried about being able to pull that off. *crosses her fingers about the next part*

Sithspawn- *carol hugs Sithspawn to death* Yum!

hollynkesten- The galaxy has changed a lot, hasn't it? ^_^ I hope you enjoy the next few parts.

MariahJade2- *blushes* You're too kind. Thank you.

Inez_the_swampgirl- *tackle* Hey! It's been a while, hasn't it? Great to see you! ^__^

-Meredith
    who needs to eat something, yes...

15. Mystralgurl

Mystralgurl Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2004
    wow! I think I will faint..... you have not posted in like forever!

great one and UP!!

16. Meredith_B_Mallory

Oct 6, 2001
    I just wanted to post here and thank all of you who nominated this story for the Reader's Choice awards. I couldn't believe it when I heard! This story was nominated in four different categories. Unfortunately, I was traveling, so I didn't hear about all of this until just now-- I think it's too late for my excerpts to be accepted. I feel terrible, especially after you guys went to all the trouble to nominate me. *hugs* I'm an ass-- I'm sorry.

You are all too sweet to me. I can't say 'thank you' enough!
    -Meredith

17. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Well, I found this through the Awards anyway. ;) I really like this - it's strangely sweet, but in a painful, awkward kind of way, Luke and Padme meeting and getting to know one another. You use words very beautifully, but it's not, well, pretentious. :p It's very good, and I'll be checking for updates. :D

18. A-Windsor

A-Windsor Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2003
    Exquisite as always!

A. Windsor

19. SarkaVrae

Jun 3, 2004
    *waves feedback promises at Carol*

to this story's bunny: come out, come out wherever you are!

~up~ :D

20. leia_naberrie

leia_naberrie Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2002
  21. Knight_Aragorn

Knight_Aragorn Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2003
    Your writing is so beautiful, Meredith. I can't get over the way you use words, the way you create such vivid, haunting images. I've seen some of your stuff over on ff.n -- but I lurk there so... [face_whistling] ;)

I absolutely love the way you write the characters in this story -- Luke especially. There's so much insight here in the flashes of memory, the thoughts of the characters -- Luke's reflections about the phantom pain in his hand, the 'red banners', Padme's flash of Anakin as a child and the way that Luke caught an edge of it. Also I love the wealth of relationships conveyed -- Anakin and Padme, obviously, but also Beru and Luke, Luke and Leia, Han and Luke -- all the nuances within those thoughts and memories. [face_love] I'm kind of rambling here, I know, but this is absolutely lovely.

Hope there's more coming soon! [face_praying] :)

22. roguegirl

roguegirl Jedi Master star 4

Aug 29, 2001
    Roguegirl here.I really think Delrey should publish your story and rhat of the other members of Fan Fiction.I find them all interesting,I would buy them all.

23. SarkaVrae

Jun 3, 2004
    up! more more more!!! please???!!!!! :D

24. Yorkshire-Gal

Yorkshire-Gal Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 18, 2005
    Yes more please, i love this story, id love to see leia's reaction to her mother!

25. Meredith_B_Mallory

Oct 6, 2001
    I just wanted to take a second and thank everyone for their continued compliments. Believe it or not, I am still working on this story-- I hope to have a post soon, assuming Carol cooperates. Seeing ROTS helped ALOT. ^_~

In the mean time, I have a new (completed) story up in the saga section called A Key To Something, Somewhere. I hope you'll take a moment to check it out. ^__^

Thanks again,
    Meredith

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.