main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Widow Skywalker-- (post ROTJ AU staring Luke & Padme) Author's Note, 5/24/05!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Meredith_B_Mallory, Jul 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LadyZ

LadyZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
  2. t65flyer

t65flyer Jedi Master star 3

Oct 14, 2000
  3. SpacedOutAnna

SpacedOutAnna Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2002
    Whoa....... I just found this fic and it's incredible!!!
    More soon please?

Anna

4. Whiskey in the Jar-Jar

Whiskey in the Jar-Jar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 17, 2000
    Heeeeere postie postie postie.

Nuts...have to try again later...

5. EmilieDarklighter

EmilieDarklighter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    *poochie lip* Please mum...I need some more!

6. t65flyer

Oct 14, 2000
    good morning! wake UP :)

7. Lucid_Lady

Lucid_Lady Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 28, 2002
  8. t65flyer

Oct 14, 2000
    ^_^ uppy time :)

9. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    gets down on knees and begs I need a post pretty please? face_hopeful soon I hope,

please comeback and post even if it's a short one.

10. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    hmm a new post hopefully tonight?

11. Meredith_B_Mallory

Meredith_B_Mallory Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 6, 2001
    I can't thank you guys enough for putting up with me. :D ;)

*passes out tones of candy and plushie Vader/Anakins to everyone, especially Whiskey, t65flyer, Jedi Falcon, and Lady Z*

I'm sure you don't want me to blabber any more.

Here we go.....

"Do you know the Widow Skywalker?"
    So strange it was to say the name in connection with someone else. All his life, Luke had been the only Skywalker, a name somehow daring and flashy amidst the sand. 'Owen Lars' was a thick name, too heavy to rise off the ground, and 'Beru' was the native word for tourmaline, a precious green-pink stone. His Aunt was a lot like that, hidden away from prying eyes but still was something strange and wonderful glittering under the body she wore like an old, comfortable robe. Skywalker-- he remembered learning to write it in school, so long and hopelessly complicated. The word made him think of flying, as if he could walk off a cliff and just continue on his way as though there was a bridge beneath him and not just fickle, quicksilver air.

"There is another Skywalker," Yoda had said, but Leia was an Organa-- memories of mother patched up with the kindness of her foster father. Anakin Skywalker was dead.

For a moment, the woman's eyes seemed to vanish, becoming instead two inverted black crescents, the wings of some bird of prey.
    He started to say again, "Do you know the Widow-"
    "I heard you the first time," she replied, not angry, just factual. She opened her eyes, which were yellow-green like a feline, or that monster in the cave you glimpse but never really see. She turned away from him only slightly, seating her lean form on a crate. "There's the well just down the way a bit," she said, gesturing towards a nerby jar with one long, claw-like parchment hand. Her eyes met his and her pupils seemed almost triangular, "Do a favor for a tired peddler?"
    "Yes, Ma'am," Luke reached for the jar without thinking. She could get it very well by herself-- he knew, but this was an exchange. His un-needed kindness for her words. He tried and failed not to jog towards the well like an eager little boy; it seemed to him for a moment that he was back on Tatooine running small errands for Beru, always pretending he was a starship or a winged beast as he hurried over the dunes. Then, with his head bowed a little, he returned the jar to the woman's hands, watching as she noted his single, black-gloved hand with interest.

Wordlessly, she poured the water into two bowls that were only mildly clean and motioned for him to take a seat.
    "I'm Deip," she muttered half into the water. Tipping the bowl to his lips, Luke tasted cool liquid and just a hint of coppery dirt.
    "Luke," he said his first name and took a quick breath in, to force the family title back down his throat. Deip made the shape of his name with her lips, her eyes distant as if casting back, looking for information.
    "Where you from?" She rested the dish in her lap.
    "Tatooine."
    Curt; "Never heard of it."
    "It's on the outer rim." He asked with polite interest, "Where are you from?"
    "Almak." Said with a quick, flick of the tongue that might be elegant on someone else.
    "Never heard of that, either," he said.
    "It' on the outer rim," she rased an eyebrow, and they both laughed a little, pretending it was a joke. This time, they sipped in perfect unison, measuring each other. There was a long pause, in which the hum and jabber of the market place was almost unbearable. "There's a gate on the east side of the city."
    He made no comment on this.
    "Take that gate-- turn off the main road just after you reach the old plantation. It's just the foundation and the fence now." Deip paused for a breath, twining her finger in one of her thick, loose curls. "You'll go on the off road for a while, then you'll see a big farmhouse. Keep going. She lives up against the canyon... if you reach the dry lake bed, you've gone too far."
    For a moment, Luke imagined Han was with him, straddling an vacant crate with all

12. SpacedOutAnna

SpacedOutAnna Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2002
    This is such a brilliant fic.... My eyes are just glued to the screen with each post. Keep going!

Anna

13. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!! No!!!!!!! You CAN'T leave it THERE!!!

Dana

14. lt_ketch09

lt_ketch09 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 15, 2002
    [face_shocked]

NO!!!! Please, please don't leave it there :_|

Oh you're so mean [face_devil]

More soon!

15. Chaos_Rose

Chaos_Rose Jedi Youngling star 3

May 12, 2002
    Oh! A post! And a long one!

I'm so glad to have more of this story to read!

Ah, I do like Diep. :)

Very interesting interactions with Vader on both Luke and Leia's part, as well. I can very much see them happening.

And...

You stopped it THERE?!?!?!

< lays out chocolate and hides in the shadows, waiting... >

16. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    ahhhhhhhhhhh you can't leave it there.

Great post by the way

more soon please this is readers torchure.

17. inez_the_swampgirl

inez_the_swampgirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2002
    Your descriptions are just so beautiful! I can't help but imagine myself riding along in the speeder with Luke and Artoo. I especially love the flashbacks: so vivid!

I also agree, though, that you can't stop there. I know you are busy, but please, please, please don't keep us waiting too long.

inez

18. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    I wasn't sure at first that was Luke remembering something from Leia's mind but then I got it. I always wondered why Vader never noticed Leia's resemblence to her mother. It was nice that you put that in there. But you have to post more soon. I'm not good at hanging off of cliffs. ;)

19. Jazz_Skywalker

Jazz_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    You can't have stopped it there!!!!

UP UP UP!!!

JS

20. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    *blinks as if walking into a room full of bright light*

Wow.. long time no post! Good to see it being continude...

21. Shinning_Star

Shinning_Star Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 27, 2000
    No one's mentioned it yet, so I will. I loved that line when Vader said Luke was Padme's son as well as his own, and that he really *looked* at Luke for once. It was really great! And we can really tell Vader was hurting to, even though he's wonderfully portrayed as a monster. Well done and let's have more!

Caslia

22. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    *sigh* so nice to see a post. :) Luke is acting just like an excited kid. I know he is excited too. Nice flashback about Vader and Leia.

23. JediSenoj451

JediSenoj451 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 24, 2001
    I said to Vader, to Father, that I was not and never would be the willing subject of a man who ruled only through terror and brutality. He stopped, right there in the hallway, so mechanically perfect. I think we were halfway to the shuttle, but he turned and really *looked* at me through that mask and said, 'You are your mother's son, as well as my own'.

Wonderful quote! :eek:

Your descriptions are excellent. Nice attention to detail. You also do a good job getting into Luke's head. He's very realistic. :)

Anyway, I'm on the edge of my seat. Please, don't make us wait too long for the next post! :D

~*Senoj*~

24. little_Skywalker

little_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 21, 2002
    more! :D

I need more and soon! :D

25. inez_the_swampgirl

inez_the_swampgirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2002
    I forgot to mention earlier, Meredith, that I also love your attention to detail. That line about "There is another Skywalker", but Leia was an Organa gave me chills.

It's amazing to me how some people can take a simple, innocuous quote such as that and give it a whole new meaning.

inez

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.