main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends [The Widow Skywalker]-- post-rotj Luke, Padme-- post #6 11/26/04!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Meredith_B_Mallory, Nov 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Luke's gonna find out who built C3PO, isn't he?

2. leia_naberrie

leia_naberrie Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2002
    post #5, I think, Merry ;)

3. TenelKaSolo

TenelKaSolo Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 18, 2004
    This is a very interesting story! I can't wait to read more. I think it's interesting that the two droids have managed to stay in teh family! 3PO has obviously had his memory wiped, but I'm never quite sure about Artoo. Although he must have, or surely he would have spilled all the historic beans by now!

4. Meredith_B_Mallory

Meredith_B_Mallory Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 6, 2001
    SilSolo- *grins* I'm not telling... ^_~

Leia_N- Yeah. ^^; *very much a dork*

TenelKaSolo- I've always thought the Skywalker Family droids have an interesting history. I agree that Threepio's memory has been wiped, but who knows what goes on underneath R2's blue dome? ^_^ I'm so glad you're interested in the story.

I hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving, or Holiday Facsimile thereof. ^_~

We're almost caught up!
    And... post #6:

=============================
    The Widow Skywalker 4a/?
    by Meredith Bronwen Mallory
    mallorys-girl@cinci.rr.com
    http://www.demando.net/
    =============================

Padme sat on her knees, staring into the small hearth fire; into the center of the flames, where blue became white and white became all colors, as well as the absence of. Luke's gaze was on her, not heavy, but a gentle, furtive thing, calling awareness like a breeze. 'My son!' she thought, turning the words over in her mind, feeling them clamor against her vocal chords. Just minutes ago he had stood in her doorway, the past made flesh; he had embraced her and asked for her name. Tears were still streaming down her face, slow and heated-- she did not bother to wipe them away, or pay them any heed at all. Such a shyness in his eyes, as he'd helped her gather the fallen harvest and, as he'd turned to find the scattered fruits, the sun had throw shadows that seemed to make time immaterial. There was a laughter in her-- sobs, as well, and she was afraid to release either. On Naboo, mothers gave their infants nursing names like 'little bird' or 'grass cat', lest the jealous, self-devouring goddess be tempted to snatch the child back.

Biting her lip, Padme met those blue eyes. Their color was so like Anakin's and yet, there was an air of age in Luke's depths that his father had seemed to shun. She wondered at those slim, young shoulders, at the careful poise in his demeanor. In another moment, he smiled, and there was a pain in her heart. Anakin's face had always been transformed by his endearing grin, but he had remarked the same thing of her. With his hand gently tracing the line of her jaw, he'd brushed her hair back against her veil and said that he far preferred her smile to the solemn bride; someone girlish, someone just as nervous as he. She reached out, gently touching Luke's hand, before she turned back to her cooking. The act was as much for her comfort as it was for his; there were so many shadows-- she could see in his eyes that he knew it too!-- that it was sometimes hard to believe that they had not simply, at last, taken on flesh and form. As she reached for the bowl of oshiibara, he handed it too her helpfully, with just a little color in his cheeks. Artoo rocked a little nearby, beeping softly, fire turning the silver reflection of his dome to copper.
    "You are good luck," she said to the little droid.
    "He saved my life," Luke offered, adding sheepishly, "more than once." He looked down at his gloved hand briefly, rubbing the fingers together, features obscured by the mist of his thoughts. Padme studied him openly, before moving a little closer to him, placing a hand on his shoulder.
    "I'm sorry," she said, feeling as if those words were cracking, breaking under the weight of all they were trying to hold. "Oh, Luke." His eyes were unguarded when he raised them to hers. He was so much more than simply Anakin's son, so much more than a young man.
    "I was afraid to even think about having a mother, when I was a little boy," he said quietly. Gently, she touched the burnt-sand locks at the base of his neck, to ease the passage of the words. "I just... from the way Uncle Owen reacted when I asked about my father, I guess I was just afraid. If I said nothing... if I asked nothing, you could be everywhere. You could be out there, looking for me."
    "I had to make myself not think of you." The blur of her tears made the world a melting landscape, but she felt that she could still see him. "No one could know you were mine. And when you were gone..." Helplessly, she moved her

5. Jedi_Bant

Jedi_Bant Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 13, 2004
    Powerful ending. great job.

6. Meredith_B_Mallory

Meredith_B_Mallory Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 6, 2001
    *small voice* Threads come and go so quickly around here... ;)

UP.
    -Meredith

7. Ana_Labris

Ana_Labris Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    He could feel the lack keenly-- wishing she was as near to him as she was on Coruscant, so he could knock gently on her door and whisper that maybe, a little, he understood.
    Was this about Leia's time on Coruscant when she had a friendship with Vader? (like in Father's Heart?)

He rolled over just in time to see one of the quilts move, as if on its own, to cover her shivering form.
    Awww!! Aniiiii *sniffles*

Another mindblowingly amazing chapter.. need more! *g*

8. Ariapaige

Ariapaige Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 25, 2002
    He rolled over just in time to see one of the quilts move, as if on its own, to cover her shivering form.
    Awww, that's sweet. This post was so solemn and charged with emotion. Very believeable emotion, too. Awesome job. Can't wait for the next post.

Sorry i didn't catch you for the last post... i was on break! :) happy post-turkey day!!

;) paige

9. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    hey! I've been looking for this

I gotta get caught up

10. Padlei

Padlei Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2003
    Tell me about it... The teaser completely boosted my love for SW... :D

And this thread just can't stay here! Up!

11. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Everything's caught up!! *Jumps about madly*

I can't WAIT for post #7!!!

Congratulations on the nominations, Meredith!!!

12. KrystalBlaze

KrystalBlaze Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002

WOW!!!

What a wonderful story! I've been meaning to read this forever, and I'm so glad I did. I've never been Padme's biggest fan, but this is amazing! What an excellent job you've done of characterizing Luke and Padme... and even those who have not actually stepped into the story, like Beru and Owen and Han. Those sly comments thrown in make it a very addicting read.

Can't wait for the next part! :D

-Krystal

13. Padlei

Mar 5, 2003
    Up you go! *waves wand* Wingardium leviosa!

14. Lucid_Lady

Lucid_Lady Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 28, 2002
    It was very gratifying to see Luke and Padme together. It's also kind of creepy to think that Anakin is there as well. I'm not surprised though that he is. Keep up the great work. I will be looking forward to your next post.

15. Ashamaphone

Ashamaphone Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 27, 2001
    Happy New Year! *Kicks thread back to the top where it belongs*

16. Padlei

Mar 5, 2003
    Just upping this thread because I can't stand seeing it on page 8something...

So up you go!

17. Ashamaphone

Ashamaphone Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 27, 2001
    Hey Meredith, I just want you to know that I'm still thinking about this story (I'm sure many others are too) and I'm hoping you'll be able to update soon. Take care. :)

18. leia_naberrie

leia_naberrie Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.