main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Will of the Force (A/P vignette/missing scene) updated 11/8

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by RebelScum77, Aug 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    leia_naberrie- Thanks for all your comments :D

This was one of my favourite part..
    -I think that simple movement says a lot about his state of mind. He's hurt, sad, frustrated- and pulling away from Padmé says it all.

You've actually made the turning-point clear to me here... I always knew it was Tatooine that changed her mind (on love vs duty) and yet it seemed strange considering the fact that Anakin's confession shouldn't have exactly warmed her to him.
    -Yes I think the turning point was also on Tatooine... when she realized that she loved Anakin enough to forgive his Tusken indescretions. That's the only reason I can come up with her acceptance of his confession. Every single on of her warning lights should have come on.

Unfortunately the first self-decision she makes turns out to have disastrous consequences on the entire galaxy...
    -And therein lies the one of the biggest tragedies of the Saga. That decision signals the beginning of the end. :(

And the hug at the end was just the right finish! A throwback to the parting hug before he takes off on the speeder.
    -I tried to show Anakin as both vulnerable and arrogant and I think that last hug really seals the deal for her- he does need her, just as much as she needs him.

The only flaw I can see right now is writing abt Padme's grade school- not exactly GFFA.
    -I checked the databank and it says she joined the apprentice legislature at the age of 8, nothing about what happens before then. But I think you are right, it isn't exactly GFFA... easy fix though! Thanks for the pick up :)

Stacysatrip- Thanks, I'm glad you liked it [face_blush]
    As for the informal language, I actually wasn't thinking about it when I wrote it. I was just doing what I felt was natural for the characters to say. But thank you for pointing it out, I'll keep better watch on it next time! ;)

2. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    Once again, I liked it. I think you conveyed the emotions well. I also like how you fit in a very maternal relationship with Padme to Anakin. And the bit of humor was good ;)
    But like I said, I'm a pro and con type of person so I'll see if I can't find some cons :p

The only thing I can stetch for (and it's not quite a legitimate reason) is that I'm not sure Anakin would be quite so chipper a day after the events transpired ;)
    But again, you only had a night to work with, so you're given some leeway in that respect :)

But si, I liked it :)

3. Padlei

Padlei Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2003
    Wow! Just discovered this... That was great! I always love the Tatooine related fics. Maybe because these sequences were the turning point for AOTC and even for the whole saga.
    Anyway really loved it and especially : My caring for you will remain
    Nice way to tie up TPM and AOTC.

My only little complain (sorry...) is the aspect of fate that I felt with the will of the Force. I don't know, for me it's Padme's decision that allows them to be together and not because of the Force only...
    I don't know maybe I didn't understand this aspect well...

4. RebelScum77

Aug 3, 2003
    Padlei- Thanks for reviewing. I'm glad you liked it :D (it's my first... so a little rough ;))

My only little complain (sorry...) is the aspect of fate that I felt with the will of the Force. I don't know, for me it's Padme's decision that allows them to be together and not because of the Force only...
    I don't know maybe I didn't understand this aspect well...

No, by all means... I suppose I have the point of view, that seems to come out when I write, that the Force does have a "plan of action" for everyone. I think that it was the will of the Force to bring Padme and Anakin together (for some reason, the Force thinks this will help him to complete his destiny- to bring balance?). I think HE believes that they were always meant to be together... that it was fate. Padme made the choice, yes, but was it always meant to be? I like toying with that question, and from Anakin's POV the answer is yes.

5. Padlei

Mar 5, 2003
    From Anakin's POV I can accept it. After all he was sure he would marry her someday (that's in TPM's novelization me thinks).

But IMHO I don't really think it was the will of the Force that pushed them together. I like the fact that they chose to give in. Because if it was meant to be that way I don't see what's the point in their relationship nor in Luke and Leia.
    Anyway rambled on another subject sorry!
    You're welcome for the review!
    The question is : when are you going to write more about A/P? :D

6. RebelScum77

Aug 3, 2003
    LOL! We could debate about this all day! But I suppose this isn't the place for it :p

More A/P? Soon darling.... soon ;)

7. Padlei

Mar 5, 2003
    LOL.

Good news... :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.