Before "The Will of the Force" UPDATED 06/12/11 Dear Diary Challenge Qui-Gon Jinn

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by The1stJediPrincess, Jan 1, 2011.

Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. The1stJediPrincess Jedi Grand Master

star 2
  2. Gkilkenny Force Ghost

star 4
    Ah! do I sense a crack appearing in Qui-Gon's steel exterior.

Keep pressuring him Skylar, and lets hope he opens up to Obi-Wan before something happens to change his mind.

Have a nice trip.:cool:
  3. Valairy Scot Force Ghost

star 5

?He is a wonderful boy, Master,? Skylar pointed out to me. ?Yet he is unsure of his place in the galaxy and unsure of his place with you.?

?Obi-Wan is an able apprentice,? I agreed with her. ?However, the galaxy is a cruel place that he must be prepared for.?

Even over the hologram, I could hear her sigh and see the disapproval in her eyes, ?You are his Master. He should not be reminded of the cruelness of the galaxy while he is with you.?

One needs a refuge from the cruelness or one will come to believe there is only cruelty within the galaxy.
  4. obimom Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Skylar's husband? The Jedi can marry in your SW world? Yay! [face_dancing]

Poor Obi...Skylar needs to knock Qui-Gon upside the head and knock some sense into him...and I know she's trying...

Loving this...[:D]

EDIT: I just read it again...and I just want to cry! :_|

Obi-Wan was so eager to please Qui-Gon, his eyes bright and his report full of good things, all he wanted was to at least hear a "Well Done, Padawan" from his master...what a let down...(better not say too much, don't want to spoil whatever response Val may be cooking up), but I can so identify with the feelings Obi had in this. He's so disheartened by now...:(
  5. serendipityaey Force Ghost

star 4
    Love seeing Qui realize Obi's good qualities :) I hope he can figure out how to open up to him! So important [face_love]
  6. The_Nerfherder Jedi Knight

star 1
    Curious when Qui's going to come around. Nice, Princess! =D=
  7. Tevase2 Jedi Master

star 1
    Well he's making a few steps, its nice to know he does care :)
    brilliant chapter, can't wait for more
  8. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    yay for skylar's outspokenness and friendship to obi-wan!!!! i know he can sense her affection and approval.

i can so see the light flicker and fade -- after a while, obi-wan won't even try [face_worried] or he'll feel that his best will never ever be good enough. :(

Many times the only thing that provides a wake up call is some kind of calamity :eek:
  9. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
    Jinn, Jinn open up to Obi-Wan

Nice update
  10. The1stJediPrincess Jedi Grand Master

star 2

Gkilkenny: Qui is being so stubborn and STILL being stubborn. Thanks for reading! [face_dancing]

Valairy_Scot:
    Yes, Obi-Wan does need a refuge. Qui will come around...eventually. ;) I hope your wrist is better.

Obimom: Yes, in my crazy universe, Jedi can marry. However, I created Sky back in 2001 BEFORE Lucas told us that it was forbidden. However, he did not give a good reason why, so I kind of ignore it. [face_whistling]

serendipityaey: Qui sees the good in Obi-Wan, yet, we have to remember Qui-Gon has been hurt too. He is taking it out on our poor Obi. o_O

The_Nerfherder: Qui will come around, but not until he has caused a good deal of angst. [face_whistling]

Tevase2: He does care, he just can't open up yet. Obi-Wan is young and impressionable, so of course he thinks it's him. [face_worried]

jade_eyes: Skylar does approve of Obi-Wan and she loves Qui-Gon, so she will do what she can to help them. However, in my other story with her, she is about to have a tragedy. **spoiler** Thanks for reading.[:D]

earlybird-obi-wan: He does need to open up. He will, I promise he will. :p

Sorry it took so long for an update. Hope you all like!

Entry 6

I returned home to see Obi-Wan waiting on the landing pad to greet me. He looked at me with what I can only describe as a steadfast hope and I wanted nothing more at that moment then to put my hand on his shoulder and offer him words of encouragement.

However, I stopped myself and simply said, ?It?s good to see you, my apprentice. I trust you have been behaving yourself?? I silently admonished myself; I already knew he had been well behaved, from Skylar, Master Yoda, and even Master Windu.

?I have, Master.? He responded in a low and crestfallen voice. ?I have been spending time with Skylar and Zac. I have mastered katas sixteen through twenty one.?

?That?s rather advanced.? Was all I said to him. I then added for no good reason, ?I thought I told you that you that you were confined to our quarters for two weeks.?

I was angry at myself, I should have been telling him, I?m proud of you in your mastery of some difficult moves. I?m sorry I left without explaining my decision to leave you at the temple.

Instead, I felt the need to reprove him for no other reasons but my stubborn and self righteous pride. I knew better, I was a Master training my third padawan, I should not be behaving like this.

Obi-Wan?s cheeks burned red as he stammered for an excuse. I held my hand up and told him, ?I know Skylar gave you permission to leave the apartment so long as you were with her. I will overlook this for that reason alone.?

But did I really need to overlook anything? Obi-Wan had been in a fight. So what? Is what many peers have told me. He is not the first padawan to get in a fight with a class mate and he certainly would not be the last. Bruck Chun seems to take delight in torturing my padawan. I really should put a stop to it. However, Obi-Wan needs to learn to deal with Bruck without resorting to blows. He also will need to do that on his own. It is not my job to fight his battles.

Yet, Skylar, Mace, Yoda, Darrick, and a whole slew of others would tell me it is my job to guide him through his feelings. I know this is my job, yet I can?t bring myself to do it. It is my flaw, I know.

Perhaps I will talk to him tonight.

QGJ
  11. Valairy Scot Force Ghost

star 5
    Welcome back! Qui-Gon is softening up on the inside, slowly but surely.

As to my wrist: I'm not supposed ([face_talk_hand] ) to lift anything or grasp anything tightly, but I'm otherwise using it perfectly fine and doing therapy to get the range of motion back - and of course, I've been typing fine for several weeks now.

I hope my counter-diary isn't screwing up what you plan for this diary.

12. obimom Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    [face_dancing] Yay!! An update!!

Qui-gon does seem to be realizing he's being too hard on Obi-Wan, but at the same time he's still holding on to that stubborn resolve not to get too close. Poor Obi-Wan.

Love your diary of Qui-Gon's thoughts...:)
  13. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    Very nice update - you can see the progression as a reader but :( Obi-Wan is not getting any benefits from the softening. [face_thinking]
  14. Gkilkenny Force Ghost

star 4
    Hello there, nice to have you back.[face_dancing]

I'm not liking Qui-Gon and he is definately ruining Obi-Wan. He knows he has flaws and I'm sure the others know this too. Someone needs to knock some sense into Qui-Gon.

=D=
  15. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
    Nice to see an update.

But let someone knock some sense in Qui-Gon.

Skylar[face_thinking]
  16. echo_girl_94 Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Please, please let me hit Qui-Gon...he's asking for it! :p

I've been reading this for a while, and have really enjoyed it so far. Do you have a PM list, and if so, could I be on it? :)

17. Tevase2 Jedi Master

star 1
    Brlliant as always, its nice to see he's getting just a little better :D
  18. anakinfansince1983 Chosen One

star 7
    Well crap, I got behind.

?You are his Master. He should not be reminded of the cruelness of the galaxy while he is with you."

Seriously. [face_shame_on_you] Well said, Skylar.

Qui-Gon does seem to be softening up, even if his mouth is working faster than his brain at this point and he's slipping into old habits.

Well done. :)
  19. The1stJediPrincess Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    I apologize for the lack of updates. :( Real life has been keeping me busy. [face_frustrated] There are slight spoilers for my other story, Forged Bonds, as I?m behind on that one too. [face_worried] Thank you all for reading! [:D] I will thank you all personally in the next update. Right now I'm doing some writing as I have 3 stories that are crying and begging for updates. [face_whistling]

Entry 7

As fate would have it. I never did get to speak to Obi-Wan. Tragedy has a way of striking when you least expect it. In this instance, the tragedy was the death of a young Jedi master. My Skylar?s husband. Thoran Sannes and I did not always see eye to eye, however, he was a good and honorable man. He was a dedicated master who was only a couple of short years away from seeing his student become a knight. At only thirty-three, he was simply too young to die.

He was also devoted to the love of his life. I cannot imagine what my former apprentice must be going through. She is putting up a strong front, but I can tell inside a piece of her has died as well. Thoran?s apprentice, Kaleb had made contact with the Temple with a desperate plea for help.

Skylar left her own apprentice behind and with several fellow Jedi and friends raced to help her husband and his student. Details are still sketchy, however I do know that Skylar at least arrived in time to say goodbye to her dying companion. A small consolation, to say the least.

I watch Obi-Wan console Zac, who was not Thoran?s student but as his wife?s student had become a ?foster son? of sorts. Obi-Wan?s heart is as big as the galaxy itself at times. I hear them quietly talking in Obi-Wan?s room and I wonder why it is so difficult for me to open up to this obviously loving boy.

I suppose it is because Obi-Wan and I are different. We are not a family unit. Skylar and Thoran were and in essence their students were like their children. Obi-Wan is not my son and I am not his father. I tried to be a father of Xanatos and I see what happened.

Yet Obi-Wan is not Xanatos. He is not arrogant, yet I can see the chance of betrayal. My coldness will not cause lasting effects, I?m certain. I will continue training him as I am, and he will grow up to be an adequate Knight. Yet I hear all who know me and know Obi-Wan saying, train him with affection, understanding, and warmth, he will grow up to be exceptional.

~QGJ
  20. anakinfansince1983 Chosen One

star 7
    Oh wow. Qui-Gon, how little you understand... :( It makes sense that he would behave that way if he really believes that behaving "like a father" towards Xanatos caused him to turn. And seeing a chance of betrayal in Obi-Wan, of all people? Some scars really do run deep.

My coldness will not cause lasting effects. :(

Hopefully Qui-Gon comes around and starts listening to his friends.

Great update. :)
  21. obimom Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Oh Qui-Gon, you hope your coldness will not have lasting effects.

Coldness and lack of affection from someone you trust and are committed to can have a devastating effect on one's self esteem. (Believe me, I know)

Are you truly satisfied to raise him to only be adequate? You're cheating him as well as yourself - open your eyes, Qui-Gon. [face_worried]
  22. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
    Raise him as a son Jinn[face_shame_on_you] Or are you remembering your master?

Nice update=D=
  23. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    Obimom's review is insightful and true to the last syllable. Skylar is a case in point. The beautiful and lovable and loving Skylar didn't ask for or deserve such a loss :_| (man, did I love their story too! Flying in the face of the Code and rewriting it!) But as devastated as she is -- poor darling!!!!!!!!! would never make a different choice than she did, and if the opportunity arose for love again, she'd take it.

That bespeaks true inner courage.

[face_thinking]

24. Gkilkenny Force Ghost

star 4
    I have so many tears for Obi-Wan. I'm sure Qui-Gon feels warmth and is cared for by Skylar.

How can Qui-Gon care so little for Obi-Wan.:_|

=D=
  25. Tevase2 Jedi Master

star 1
    Brilliant post,
    Quin Gon you old fool, you need to show some affection
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade