main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Winchester Mystery: Supernatural Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by PadmeLeiaJaina, Jan 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    Good way to start of the season.

Poor ol' Jeff Morgan has got to be getting sick of hospitals, and dying.

2. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Oh man, I thought Dad was supposed to be around this season :_|

I have to say, I love the up and coming previews w/ Dean obviously losing it. The big question is what did Dad tell Dean about his brother? You know he told him the big secret of Sam's purpose. Also loved Dean being completely FREAKED over Dad telling him that he was proud of his sons and Dean especially.

I just love this show - great start to the series opener!

3. weezer

May 16, 2001
    See the odd thing is that IMDB lists him as being on serveral up coming episodes [face_thinking]

Wonder if its all just flashbacks.

4. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    It must be - or knowing this show, he could show up as a spirit too. If anyone has "unsettled business" even in death it would be Dad.

5. weezer

May 16, 2001
    Or it could be part of the deal that he made. [face_thinking]

6. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    Anyone know if there's a summary online? Or if anyone will be putting the episode on YouTube?

7. weezer

May 16, 2001
    Couldn't catch it on Thursday?

8. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    Unfortunently, no. When I went to get to the channel, it goes to 50, then jumps to 52 on my TV. 51 is the CW channel.

Arg.

9. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    I don't know about youtube, but the episode is out there in torrent land.

10. weezer

May 16, 2001
    Yes, yes it is.

Though I would discourage both for more reasons then just general board policy. Hopefuly you find a why to catch it next week but if you can't you can't.

11. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    Found the episode on youtube. Great, if a very depressing episode for the beginning of season 2. Are they going to be making this more of an arched storyline? I hope so, and it's looking like it.

12. weezer

May 16, 2001
    I think it will be like most shows. There will be some archs and some stand alone episodes. They probably won't have as many stand alones as last season but even then there was an overall theme underneith.

13. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    Most shows nowadays are more story oriented, with less standalone episodes. My main complaint with season 1 was the amount of standalone episodes, something that was starting to be resolved towards the end of the season.

14. weezer

May 16, 2001
    I don't know if I would say that.

I'd say the vast majority of shows are still set up in the traditional episodic manner. Serial series are still the exception.

Obviously you are going to have more stand alones in your first season. Now that they've established characters, relationships, etc, they can move on the longer more serial archs. Thats why they started getting more that way near the end of last season. Now you just continue on.

15. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I think that we'll be seeing the consequences of Dad's death throughout the entire season. Already from the preview's Dean, who's usually the glue of the family, is falling apart, and Sam's cracking under the pressure of being the stable member of the pair.

This should be really interesting considering that Sammy's ESP type skills really spring forth when he's feeling emotionally unstable. So we should see more of him coming into/ and dealing w/ his abilities this season.

The question is - what are Sam and the other children who're like him? Obviously Dad was reasonably certain that whatever they are, they can deal w/ the demon w/o the gun, otherwise he wouldn't have offered it up and given it away.

Bah - can't WAIT for Thursday...should be scary.[face_clown] Clowns are VERY scary![face_clown]

16. weezer

May 16, 2001
    A clown is funny in the circus ring, but what would be the normal reaction to opening a door at midnight and finding the same clown standing there in the moonlight?

Should be a good one.

Thats a good point about dad realizing that the other children are the more important then the gun. Hadn't really thought of that but it would certainly be worth sacrificing for.

17. weezer

May 16, 2001
    Yep, clowns are scarry.

Looking forward to "Blade" in the next episode :p

18. JediPriestess

JediPriestess Jedi Master star 4

Jul 28, 2004
    Wow, this is one of the best shows out there and this is all the thread coverage its getting? Amazing. o_O

19. weezer

May 16, 2001
    Well you'll make four :p

I don't know about this episode. It was good but more then a bit predictable.

I think the best part of it is still the hunter angle this season is taking on. Seeing more of the world out there.

20. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    Best. Use. Of. Music.

Seriously, that must have been one of the best scenes to edit.

21. JEDI_MISFIT138

JEDI_MISFIT138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    I love this show. My wife and I have been watching it since it began and it keeps getting better. I'm always late for work on Thurday nights because I don't leave until it's over.[face_blush]

I thought last night's episode was pretty good, much better than I thought it would be from the previews.

22. whisperjedi

whisperjedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 19, 2005
    i like the show too, saw the recent episode last night....how did Dean fixed the car so quick? I like how the series has progressed so far, but now that their dad is "dead", what are they going to do next? I'm not really crazy for the idea, that there's supposedly a "brotherhood of hunters." It takes any from, Sam & Dean's significance and unique career choice. My concern is how this effects future episodes.

23. weezer

May 16, 2001
    I think the underground world of the hunters is one of the best things about the new season. There is a war a comin' and Sam and Dean can't really go it alone.

24. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I love the idea of the hunters. Dad had many friends in the field, this was alluded to on many occassions in the first series. It's only natural that the boys would seek them out for help. The time is coming where they're going to need their friends.

When will we get to see Sam develop more of his abilities? Shouldn't they be hunting more of the kids like him that are out there?

Tonight's episode's all about ghosts - very cool, I can't wait! I love how this show tackles some of the supernatural elements that X-Files didn't follow, like spirits, demons, and phantoms.

25. weezer

May 16, 2001
    ...Zombies.

Kind of a neat take on them too. Not your normal Romano zombies lurking about and not quite the zombies on crack from 28 Days Later. Just a person brought back from the dead.

It didn't even hit me until the end why "the dead staying dead" was so important to Dean.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.