The Winchester Mystery: Supernatural Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by PadmeLeiaJaina, Jan 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost

star 6
    Serioulsy I LOVED last night's episode. Poor Dean :_| :_| :_| :_|

The final scene just blew me away. Jensen did the whole "I'm a tough guy and I refuse to cry but can't" thing perfectly. I thought it must've taken huge willpower on Sam's part not to reach out and give his brother a hug :(

I swear they're doing a brilliant job w/ developing the characters for our two leads. That last scene even shows why Dean didn't bother hitting on Ellen's daughter. The fact that you can start ticking off things from previous episodes show how that the writers are doing a great job w/ even building things into what should seem to be stand alone episodes.

I think that even though Dean doesn't exactly remember his out-of-body time in purgatory, on some level he does remember it and that he's being haunted by the reapers words that he's on "borrowed time."

Best moment in the episode had to be Dean walking in on Sam watching...errr his entertainment choices :p It's good to know that Sam's not as much of a goody-goody as he's often portrayed as being.

Next week looks great, we're finally delving more into Sam's abilities. The exchange that they showed between him and Dean sent chills down my spine:

Dean: You're no murderer, Sammy.
    Sam: Last time I checked, I kill things all of the time Dean.

DAMN I LOVE this show and it's getting better and better!
  2. JediTrilobite Force Ghost

star 7
    I was pissed that Summer Glau wasn't in this episode.
  3. PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost

star 6
    Was her name in the credits? My sister keeps insisting that she was the roommate in the episode and there's just no way that that was her.
  4. JediTrilobite Force Ghost

star 7
    No, I don't think that it was.
  5. Vaders_Lady Jedi Master

star 4
    This was taken from a Supernatural forum.

09/30 - Dean and Sam investigate the murder of a college student (guest star Summer Glau) who has come back from the dead seeking revenge on those who mistreated her while she was alive.
  6. weezer Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Yes, but that definatly wasn't her. The actress was Tamara Feldman (recently corrected from the incorrect Summer Glau).

Who knows why CW would make such a mistake. Maybe she was orginaly going to be in the episode and they knew that would interest "genre" fans so the wrote the tease well in advance only to have her back out before shooting. They just never got around to fixing it. It would be great to see her on the show sometime though. Seemed like it helped Acker.
  7. PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost

star 6
    Right, maybe she got another gig and had to back out. My sister's still convinced that she was the roommate, not Angela. The only times she sorta looked like her was when she was screaming when zombie-Angela was chasing her.

Best snippets from that episode, Dean and Sam arguing:

Dean: Now come on Sam, we have a Zombie to kill!

Sam: Man, our lives are weird.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

New episode tonight! Woohooo!!!!
  8. weezer Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Great episode.

What isn't to love. Evil twins, "these aren't the droids you're looking for" :p

Edit: Next weeks looks fracking freaky. [face_skull]
  9. PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost

star 6
    I loved poor Dean getting the whammy put on it - it was shades of Dark Angel all over again :D

Great episode. I can see that Eric (?) whatever the twin's name was will be back. I can see him becoming a powerful ally for the boys.

And yes, next week's episode looks seriously freaky [face_worried]
  10. weezer Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Yeah I'm actually scared to watch the next one.

Dean was hilarious. When he's spilling his guts about who they really are or even better yet when he gives up the impala.

"Can't let a car like this one go"
    "Can I have it?"
    "Sure man" [face_laugh]

It probably was one of my favorites so far from this season. It had great humor, gave us some new insight into what Sam is a part of, yet it still had some good solid creepy moments. I loved how the Dr. kept telling everyone it was "all OK" even as he was blowing off his own head.
  11. PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost

star 6
    Creepiest thing had to be the revelation of the demon coming to some of these children in their dreams *Shudders.* It makes you wonder why he's being selective about those that the tries to send up in flames and those that he does not.

I'm guessing that those that he did not attempt to kill, the demon could tell early on that they might be more easily swayable to doing his deeds. Those that he could not touch, he attempted to kill.

Sam and Dean need to think about that and realize that those who survived the fires - those are the folks that they need to seek out. I can sorta see these kids w/ powers all are going to eventually have to get together and collectively defeat the demon in the end. It will take a combination of all of their powers to do it though.
  12. weezer Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I started to wonder if it was the combination of powers that the demon is looking for.

You know Sam's clairvoyance alone doesn't do him any good but when Sam meets up with all of the others, then he has something. He wants them to think that teaming up is how they'll defeat him but its actually what he is counting on.
  13. PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost

star 6
    Tonight's episode was great. I love how they do ghosts on the show - they're always way creepy. The serial killer ghost definitely took the cake for being the creepiest. Add in tight tunnels and ancient sewers and you sooo have the perfect recipe for a great horror episode.

Not too many one liners in this one, but Jo's growing on me. She's not just a cupcake. I still don't think she's right for Dean though. I like his former girlfriend from the killer truck episode ;)
  14. weezer Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    That was a good episode. The whole season so far has been just great. Wasn't quite as scary as I thought it was going to be but thats a good thing because those teasers were really freaking me out. I don't know what it was.

It still had plenty of chills though. Those claustrophobic creeps can be the best.
  15. JEDI_MISFIT138 Jedi Master

star 4
    Another great episode, as always. The end was really creepy too, knowing that that guy is down there for eternity screaming and trapped inside the ring of salt.[face_worried]
  16. JediTrilobite Force Ghost

star 7
    I liked that - great way to keep him in place. Loved how the camera work was done, very modern looking, with the handheld stuff.
  17. sith_rising Force Ghost

star 4
    The blonde is pretty cute, I hope they don't kill off her or her mom. I can see the daughter and mother getting a huge cult following.
  18. JediTrilobite Force Ghost

star 7
    I suspect that they'll be around a little longer.
  19. weezer Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Great episode.

That just about sums up how this season has been. Its really catapulting itself from just a good show to a great show.
  20. sith_rising Force Ghost

star 4
    I like how they referenced an older show. They've met so many kinds of spirits, demons and ghosts over the past year, some of this will have to come back and bite them eventually, especially the law.
  21. JediTrilobite Force Ghost

star 7
    I suspect that their actions from Skin will come back again. It was nice to finally see the law catch up to them.

Loved the references to the older movies that the actors were in. Pea Soup, heh.
  22. PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost

star 6
    Gotta love Dean being his old wise-cracking self. Best thing about the episode was his "confession" [face_laugh] God that was a riot [face_laugh][face_laugh]

I wonder if they've had to shuffle around scripts to accommodate Jared's lame hand?
  23. weezer Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Yeah, whats going on with that?

He has been wearing a cast and I couldn't remember an in story explaination so I just assumed that there was a real reason.
  24. PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost

star 6
    Yeah he broke his hand on set one day and has had to keep it in a cast.
  25. sith_rising Force Ghost

star 4
    LOL, I thought it was just me. I haven't missed a Supernatural yet, and I thought maybe I wasn't paying careful enough attention during the previous episode.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.