main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Winchester Mystery: Supernatural Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by PadmeLeiaJaina, Jan 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    Another solid episode.

The daemon ones are always fun. Deans little trick with the car was pretty clever.

2. sith_rising

sith_rising Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    Very hot demon, good episode. Makes me want to watch the old Ralph Macchio Crossroads movie again.

3. weezer

May 16, 2001
    I like the allusions and references to Robert Johnson.

4. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    I really enjoyed this last week's episode. I think in a lot of ways Sam was able to finally talk some reason into Dean and to see that their Dad chose his fate because he knew that his son's could handle the aftermath.

I loved the idea of the hellhounds. I really loved how we didn't see a damned thing and that having them be vicious and invisible was even more frightening than if they'd CGed in some ugly beasts. Also loved the crossroads and Dean having his backup plan to catch the demon and the horror of seeing the poor girl being left behind after possession.

The previews for the weeks ahead seriously have me pumped up, I think that the calm is about to be over and we're about to move out of grief and into major butt kicking :D And if Dean would just take his shirt off more often - that would certainly help to vastly improve things. =P~

LOL!

I do hope though that they don't bother pursuing the possible love story angle w/ Ellen's daughter - the girl is cute and a cool character but she and Dean have ZERO chemistry on screen. I just rewatched Route 666 and the screen nearly crackled w/ electricity between he and the girl who was Cassie - even before their steamy roll in the sheets. I think Ellen's daughter would be a great "younger sister" character, but the love of Dean's life is still out there.

5. jedi_withouta_clue77

jedi_withouta_clue77 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 4, 2005
    Hello, im a new watcher of "supnat" im hooked, I've seen a few past episodes and the've been really freaky(I.E. the spirit in the lake, where that boy's eyes just peak over the water) and some have been flat out awesome. Of the two characters here is how they would stack up if they were star wars characters:

Dean=Han Solo
    Why? well first off, his smart-allec, cocky personality. He's cool and collected, except when theres a personal crisis of his own.And finally, his inseperable attachment to his "ship"(Car)

Sam=Anakin Skywalker
    Why? I've always though of him as a cheesy actor(much like hayden, but not on the same level) and techically, he's the one with the most power(I.E his encounter with that crzy telepathic kid when he moved the dresser from in front of the door)

WELL...

Beebudeebudee

Thats all folks!

6. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    What was pretty cool, they really seem to be pulling off the real people connections this time around - the guy that they trapped earlier in the season was also a real person.

7. weezer

May 16, 2001
    I didn't know that.

That is pretty cool.

I'm glad to see that the show is coming back earlier then I thought. I had heard Jan but my DVR says there is a new episode coming up on Dec. 12th. Its going to have some real world ties as well as the title is "Craotoan" which is undoubtly a refrence to the island the lost Roanoke colonists supposedly fled to.

8. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    Aw, we're not getting an episode this week? That sucks!

9. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Bah no new episode - guess I'll need to just watch my DVDs for my Winchester boys fix =P~ I'm thinking I might need to rewatch the first few eps of this season since I've now watched season 1 several times.

Apparently they cut some stuff from the premiere episode on the DVDs. I need to rewatch both the original broadcast and DVD to see if there's any huge difference.

10. Kici

Kici Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 26, 1999
    There will be a new episode, "Croatoan," next Thursday December 7. Go here for that awesome promo that looked like a cinema horror movie trailer and a director's cut.

clips

There are "preview" and "director's cut" tabs at the top. I recommend both. This episode is going to be fantastic. :D The scrollbar at the right will take you to Supernatural. Sheesh, Sam is looking movie star handsome in this episode. I like it.

11. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    Not sure how I feel about them doing a virus story, it's not really a supernatural type of thing.

12. Kici

Aug 26, 1999
    Oh don't dismiss a virus story out of hand, jedi trilobite. ;) You'd be surprised how certain elements might fit in.

13. sith_rising

Jan 7, 2004
    That's the only thing I hate about the holidays, having to wait forever for new shows. I have to wait until February to get my Prisonbreak fix!

14. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    January now for PB.

And Supernatural has made it's way onto iTunes! Take a look here.

15. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Apparently the bad weather in Vancouver is causing shooting delays. So that's why we're getting a delay here.

16. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    That wouldn't make too much sense. Usually episodes are finished weeks if not months in advance of the release date for TV.

17. weezer

May 16, 2001
    Yeah iTunes [face_dancing]

18. sith_rising

Jan 7, 2004
    Good stuff, I definately prefer the episodes that don't wrap up everything in a nice, neat package in 60 minutes.

19. Kici

Aug 26, 1999
    Was that scene in the lab between Dean and Sam not emotionally powerful? :( I swear, that is the best family relationship on television right now. Sam's frustration when he realized Dean wouldn't leave him no matter what--blew me away. Jensen's so good you knew that Dean would kill himself after he killed Sam. He didn't have to say it. :(

Oh, the Supernatural season 2 pass is up to number 11 at iTunes. Keep it going. :)

20. AngeloftheRepublic

AngeloftheRepublic Jedi Youngling

Nov 29, 2006
    Man, I love this show I have to say! This last weeks episode just struck such a cord with me. I don't know if it was because I was already an emotional wreck this week or not, but, I agree: that seen in the lab just made me cry. There was such devotion there without coming out and say: hey, I'm devoted to you so I'm sticking around!

It broke my heart, in a good way, to know that Dean would rather die than to live without his brother and that Sam would want nothing more than to see Dean live.

Wasn't the ending great though? I was on the edge of my seat screaming to know the answer... though I know that probably won't come for a while and if it does, there will be some great twist. Really, people should watch this show more, everyone should watch this show.

21. Kici

Aug 26, 1999
    Dean is sinking into a depression just like John sank into. Isolated. Without much hope. Would be John had had an adult friend whom he could lean on, but I think John had real trouble trusting anyone fully because he was so frightened. Bobby could have been that for him. Maybe William Harvelle could have been that for him, but he died. I hate what John did, but at the same time I have tremendous sympathy for how alone the man must have felt.

On a different note, did anyone see the TV Guide Channel special last night? Dean and Sam were chosen second best brothers on television. They showed some wonderful clips. Though I'm offended they came in behind the Heroes brothers (Dean and Sam are closer) I'm thrilled they got any exposure at all. Buzz is buzz. Heroes is the flavor of the month now. The Prison Break brothers came in third.

22. weezer

May 16, 2001
    Its great to see it picking up some buzz like that. iTunes was a big push in the right direction too I think. I forgot to get the season pass though :oops:

I just did individual episodes at this point it would be a bit silly to buy them all again, I still may pick it up though (along with 30 Rock ;) )

Like I said though, its good to see the show picking up things like this as I think its easily one of the most under rated shows on TV right now. Thats what I keep telling myself about all of that Verizon nonsense too. The on screen bugs, not to mention Dean's new Chocolate slider, are a bit annoying but it means that Verzion sees some advertising potential there and that can only bode well for the future of the show :D

23. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    Is there a new episode this week?

24. Kici

Aug 26, 1999
    The next new episode will air January 11th, along with a new episode of Smallville. A rerun of "Bloodlust" will air this week. Sera Gamble has penned episode 14, titled "Welcome to My Nightmare."

25. Kici

Aug 26, 1999
    Don't forget, everyone, brand new episode--"Hunted"--this Thursday at 9/8 central. Also, it appears that the CW has, in fact, hired new promotional executives. When I think about "Free to be Scary," and then I see this instead....I don't know whether to laugh, cheer, or cry.

Check it out. The new department's effort.

Johnny Cash Supernatural promo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.