main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Winchester Mystery: Supernatural Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by PadmeLeiaJaina, Jan 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    That's pretty freaking awesome!

2. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    New episode tonight!

My recent new obsession for Smallville has completely overshadowed my excitement for this show, but I'm excited that we're about to get into the Sammy mystery. Tonight should be really good!

Also - cool article here on Supernatural!

3. Kici

Kici Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 26, 1999
    Smallville could never overshadow Supernatural for me. The episode tonight kicked ASS. Ava was a riot. [face_laugh] I hope she's not dead. :(. Kripke's a rat b*stard for giving the secret, but not giving the whys. More destiny, more mystery. Fans whine and moan, but they tune in again. ;)

I watched a lot of TJ Hooker BWAH!! B*tch. Jerk. They love each other again. [face_love] After everything Sam did, Dean checked him over for wounds when Sam let him out of the ropes. Did you pick up on that? Nice touch. And I love Ellen. She rocks. So many more questions about Sam and what's going to happen. I'm hooked. I agree, that article was extremely complimentary. It's a great read. Thanks.

4. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    Interesting episode. Loved how they got the guy in the end. Bit of a copout on what the father told Dean.

5. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Well you know Kripke came from The X-Files. Chris Carter was the MASTER Indian giver when it came to revealing anything regarding the mythology of the show, Kripe learned from the best of them on how to torment your viewers.

Great episode, I'm glad to see that once Dean got the burden of the secret off of his chest, he seems to be getting back to normal. I'm tired of morose Dean. Loved how Sam took care of the bounty hunter - LOL!

Poor Sammy though, this should be really good. So many of these kids are weak and are succumbing to the demon, let's just hope that he doesn't get to Sammy at a vulnerable moment. I think the rest of this season will involve Dean and Sammy having to run away from the Demon's minions trying to kill Sam :oops:[face_worried]

BTW next week's episode looks AWESOME! I love ghost stories!

6. Kici

Aug 26, 1999
    Ha! There are two awesome director's cuts snippets for next week's episode at Director's cut that location. I've said it before and I'll say it again. The chemistry of these two actors is golden. Dean's such a sweetie in the second one, offering a hangover remedy for Sammy. ;)

Just click the director's cut tab at the top of the screen, then use the scroll bar to choose each Supernatural clip.

7. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Those are awesome clips. I noticed that they added Supernatural under SMALLVILLE's logo for it's promo also. Apparently SN tanked in the ratings last week :(

I'm glad that old Dean is back. I was getting tired of morose Dean.

8. Kici

Aug 26, 1999
    It didn't tank in the ratings. Its ratings went up by 100,000 viewers and it rose two tenths in the 18-49 demo from its last first run episode, "Croatoan" from December 7. That's according to final ratings posted at sitcomsonline.com. All markets counted. It's season two premiere did really well in Australia last night, too. Warner Brothers wouldn't have negotiated the deal with Channel Ten to have Supernatural be the first show available for full, legal download from that station's website prior to a premiere. Supernatural is fine. CW's Winter Press Tour turn comes up on Friday. Supernatural is one of only three shows representing the network there. That bodes well for its renewal according to Marc Berman at Programming Insider.

9. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    I really enjoyed the start of season 2 (yup, I was one that tuned in on monday to channel ten too). I don't think it's my favourite shot, that honour goes to Battlestar, but this ranks up there with the best of them for me, mainly because of the characters. They're really entertaining, and some of the dialogue is well written.

10. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    The other thing it does have going for it is that it's doing really well w/ it's iTunes subscriptions - they're way up...so yeah the show's doing fine. I love the 2 new director's clips up on it for tomorrow's episode - old Dean being back should bring a big spark back into the show.

Again, I LOVE ghost stories so this week's episode should rock!

11. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    Interesting episode tonight - in my neck of the woods, New England. I wish that they'd do some more stories around here.

12. Kici

Aug 26, 1999
    BWA HA HA!! Right down to the two creepy looking little girls. Love the Shining homage. Room 237 and everything.

You're bossy....and short. [face_laugh]

13. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    What are you going to do? Poke her with a stick?
    You're not going to poke her with a stick.

14. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Fantastic episode, god the boys are back in full form. Dean's back to his wise-ass self, LOVED the "One King sized bed? Oh you're here for antiquing right?"

[face_laugh]

"More importantly, why do they all think we're gay?" Dean.

"Oh I don't know, maybe they think you're overcompensating w/ the whole butch thing" Sammy [face_laugh][face_laugh]

God what a great episode. Loved Maya from THE 4400 as the creepy ghost girl.

Definitely a standout episode of the season :)

15. Kici

Aug 26, 1999
    Fast national ratings from zap2it.com

Hourly average: 2.0 HH share, 3.375 million viewers. 1.5 18-49 demo.

That's up from last week's 1.9 HH share 3.235 million viewers, 1.4 18-49 demo. Up when all the network competition--CSI, Grey's, Scrubs, and The OC--were broadcasting new episodes when they weren't all new last week. That's a good sign. That's a very good sign.

16. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Excellent! Of course these days Neilson ratings aren't the only thing to take into consideration - there's TIVO/DVR recordings and iTunes downloads. I'm sure if those are factored in the show's ratings are much higher.

Plus it's huge overseas.

17. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    Very good episode tonight.

18. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    Ironically Tivo/DVR hurts a show more then it helps. Supernatural is one of the most DVR'd shows out there but if you're time shifting you're skipping comercials so the advertisers don't care much about those numbers. Tivo is probably going to be the death of the one hour drama on TV as those type of shows are recorded and watched at a later date more often the reality TV shows.

Either way though this season is still looking great. I loved the bank robbery one and the one with the little girls in the house was creepy too.

19. Ree

Ree Jedi Master star 5

Jan 25, 2005
    I know this may be a bit out of the loop, but we get tv shows here way after the US.
    Because last nights episode had the Star Wars references hehe!!!

YOu know when Dean says "He full on obi-wan'd me!" And then later on the guy who does the obi-wan-ing, as joke goes "These droids do not concern you..." [face_laugh]

20. Ree

Ree Jedi Master star 5

Jan 25, 2005
    A present for all you guys here...a little video I found that's supernatural related.

Video

21. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    The show creators actually went to the actors on it and described the roles as SW roles. Originally Jensen was supposed to be Sam and was told that he'd be "Luke Skywalker." But then they found Jared and said, "Maybe you'd rather be Dean - He's Han Solo."

The series opener has Dean calling him and Sam "Agent Hamill and Agent Ford." :p

22. Chewbacca-girl

Chewbacca-girl Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2005
    Supernatural is definitely my favourite :) I've always been interested in supernatural things, so I started to watch Supernatural right from the beginning. Sometimes it's pretty scary, and I can't sleep after watching it :p The show has been even better than I expected. I really love Sam and Dean :p
    In Finland we're now on season 2, and the last episode I saw was No exit.

23. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    No episode this week. :(

24. Panther50

Panther50 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2004
    We just got this show in New Zealand and I'm a big fan, its good to have something different from the usual cop, doctor or lawyer shows that are always on.

25. jedi_withouta_clue77

jedi_withouta_clue77 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 4, 2005
    why the frick is Supernatural so addicting...anyone???!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.