main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

the wind waker

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by effortless_skill, Sep 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. effortless_skill

effortless_skill Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    what are peoples thoughts on this game,i was not a zelda fan unitll i played this game .now i want to buy an n64 just 2 play the other 2. are they just as good?.i have played a lot of games and teh wind waker has easily became one of my favs .

2. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    I thought it was very enjoyable with a very nice, unique style. But I'm sorry, as a Zelda title, I'm just disappointed. SOME parts of the game did it for me, but a majority was just rather bland in my opinion. But two thumbs up on the final battle, for sure.

3. THE_MISSING_TRIPLET

THE_MISSING_TRIPLET Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    they are, well i'd have to say ocarina of time makes wind waker look like childs play

4. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    Ocarina and Wind Waker are about even for me. I liked how Ocarina had a more serious atmosphere, but things about Wind Waker were also great. Don't get me wrong when I say I'm disappointed in the games- the both of them- I love them, it's just that, for me anyway, they fail to live up to the Zelda title. Or it could just be the lack of the familiar theme music. However the theme music was in Majora's Mask, and I though that game was a disgrace, so whatever.

I'm a disgruntled Zelda fan. :)

5. deltron_zero

deltron_zero Jedi Master star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    The Wind Waker is probably my favorite video game of all time.

6. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    Wind Waker would have been on its way to being a great Zelda title, to me, if...

-The Forbidden Fortress didn't exist; cool looking place, just annoying to play through
    -the theme music was there (I don't care how biased that sounds, the theme is important, damn it)
    -there were about 3-4 more unique dungeons
    -the Triforce search didn't exist (finding pieces of the TF at the end of dungeons is much more satisfying)
    -while I liked the ocean travel, having more actual LAND would have been great
    -the boss battles were a bit tougher/more original
    -I wasn't so picky.

7. Shadowknight1

Shadowknight1 Jedi Master star 6

Jun 8, 2003
    -the theme music was there (I don't care how biased that sounds, the theme is important, damn it)

Actually, it was in there, just not very pronounced. As for me, I think WW answered a few Zelda questions for me, one of which being why Ganondorf stayed Ganon. I think the Triforce of Power slowly corrupted him and his chubby-looking form is just getting there. Ganondorf is pretty fast though. I loved the boss battles, especially the last one, but the game was just too easy. Correction, the Triforce hunting wasn't that bad, but DAMN that Tingle! Why should we have to pay him to translate the charts?!

8. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Very good game that captured the feel of the first two Zelda games for the most part.

Ocarina of Time was better than TWW (though TWW perfected the controls created in OOT).

Though A Link to the Past is still the best of the series.

9. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    Actually, it was in there, just not very pronounced.

Like I said, I wish the theme music was in the game. :)

10. Shadowknight1

Jun 8, 2003
    [Homer]D'oh![/Homer]
    You also said you were picky! :p

11. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    This is true. Yeah, I know a hint of the theme is there, but I want the real deal. :(

12. Shadowknight1

Jun 8, 2003
    I loved the story for both OoT and WW. MM was ok, but could've been a little better. I do like the fact that you can go back and fight the bosses whenever you want though!

13. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    Yeah, I can say I enjoyed both stories.

14. Shadowknight1

Jun 8, 2003
    I also loved the soundtracks for all three, despite the fact that OoT had the smallest hint of the original theme. Although they need to give up Zelda and Ganon's theme for a while. They've used those to death! :p

15. deltron_zero

Feb 1, 2002
    Pooja, I agree that the triforce search should have been replaced with more original dungeons, and that in parts it was a bit too easy. But I still thought the game was absolutely amazing.

16. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    Sure. I don't think it really hurt the game by any means, it's just something that I think should have been handled differently.

17. deltron_zero

Feb 1, 2002
    Yeah, that's why I'm glad to hear they're making one more in this same style. Hopefully, they'll work all the bugs out and make a game that's a bit longer and a bit more challenging.

18. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    Agreed. I absolutely loved the style. It was very, very cool.

19. Shadowknight1

Jun 8, 2003
    Yeah, I think they should do one more cel-shaded before they do a "realistic" Zelda game.

20. WindexedStormtrooper

WindexedStormtrooper Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    I found the grapics, presentation, and gameplay absolutely top-notch. In fact I've never seen anything better. Although I thought the plot was merely acceptable, I considered the premise of wind and sailing in a Zelda game genius.

On the down side, I thought this game way too easy and way too short. It's biggest flaw though, in my opinion, was the repetition. Every island was virtually the same (not to mention tiny). The sea was the same. There was, in fact, not that much to actually explore. One town?!?!

If they kept the things they did right with this game, and added more depth and variation, the next one could really be something.

All in all, I liked the game, but also felt faily let down.

21. effortless_skill

Mar 27, 2003
    thats what i was thinking about i always heard that zelda games were one of the hardest games to beat .yet i find that this one is kinda easy.so getting the old ones for n64 would be worth it then right?

22. LordSilvertouch

LordSilvertouch Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2003
    Ocarina Rocks!

23. effortless_skill

Mar 27, 2003
    don't both n64 zelda games tie into each other?

24. Shadowknight1

Jun 8, 2003
    Yeah, I know a hint of the theme is there, but I want the real deal.

I just remembered this. The theme is heard if you either start a new game, or let the title screen go to its "demo mode" and shows you the little backstory of how the Hero of Time defeated Ganon.

25. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    Okay, let me spell it out.

I want the theme playing in the game as I'm playing the game in the overworld of the game like in the NES and SNES games. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.