main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The wins that felt the greatest

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by NorCalBirdz, Dec 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rechedelphar

rechedelphar Jedi Master star 6

Mar 29, 2004
    everyone's a Red Sox fan

2. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    I would think the 2004 ALCS game 4 would be somewhat of a delayed reaction - the game that you look back to some time afterward as the turning point, but without games 5,6,7 (and the WS), it would have been completely forgotten.

EDIT: and rech: Not everybody :p I don't dislike the Red Sox, and I'll definitely take them over the Yanks and a good number of other teams... but I'm a Braves fan, not a Sox fan.

3. Master_Jedi80

Master_Jedi80 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 27, 2005
    Good point- but at the moment, coming back in game 4 the way they did, then winning, felt pretty great. Every one was amazing in its own way. like coming back to life or something.

ill come back and post some of my non-boston sports victories that felt the best...perhaps some gambling victories come into play...

4. whiskers

whiskers Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2005
    Missouri Tigers vs. Nebraska Cornhuskers in 2003 (I think that was the year.) It was the first game the Tigers won against the Huskers in a long time and it was on TBS that night. I remember watching the game at home thinking that it would just be another Husker route. Needless to say, the Tigers managed to win it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.