main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Victoria. BC The Winter 2002 FanFiction Awards, and our local nominee!

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Rani Veko, Apr 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rani Veko

Rani Veko Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2000
    The Winter 2002 Fan Fiction Awards are finally underway over on the FanFic Writer's Resource Forum! Now, while I may have mentioned the "local nominee" news many weeks back in a post in the Bar & Grill, I thought given the delay of the awards, the details having changed slightly, and the fact that we have several new and returned members since I last posted about it, it definately deserved repeating in its own thread. ;)

Now, she's probably too humble to post about it, but seeing as I'm her biggest fanfiction fan, critic, and betareader, I want to publically congratulate her for receiving nominations for her work in a total of FIVE categories for the illustrious Winter 2002 Fan Fiction Awards!

"Last Chance: Myn and Lara" has been nominated for "Readers' Choice: Romance Story", as well as receiving a second nomination for Readers' Choice: Post-ROTJ In-Progress Story.

Also from "Last Chance: Myn and Lara", Derisa's depiction of a favourite EU Ewok, Kolot, has been nominated for Male Original Character in a Supporting Role. (And yes, although Derisa was quick to explain to the organizer that Kolot is an EU character and not her own original creation, the organizer ruled that the nomination stands.)

A few of Derisa's other stories have also received nominations, including "The Martyrs" for Readers? Choice Original Trilogy In-Progress Story. And finally, her completed short-story Rogue Squadron fic, "Deep Down", has been nominated Readers? Choice Most Underrated Story.

If you haven't read any of Derisa's fanfiction yet, you're really missing out on some wonderful stories and great writing.

<hug> Congratulations on your nominations, Derisa! Way to GO, babe! <hug> You do Victory Base proud.

For anyone who wants to check out the Winter 2002 Fan Fiction Awards, here is a link to the thread, including a list of ALL the categories, nominations, and excerpts from each nominated story, as well as contest rules and voting information. Please be sure to read all the rules, especially in regards to voting.

Proud betareader,

- Rani

2. Alakin_Marshwalker

Alakin_Marshwalker Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2002
    Congrats on the Nominations....I am slowly but surely catching up on The Martyrs. Best of luck to you.

3. Vills-Kavic

Vills-Kavic Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2003
    I had no idea you were such a prolific writer! Congratulations Derisa!!!! :)

-Vills

4. C4-One25

C4-One25 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2003
    Congrats!

One of these days we're gonna have to discuss the writing process and see just how horribly mine has rusted!

5. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    Congratulations Derisa. That is amazing news.
    All the best to you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    You guys are so sweet. Thanks for your support and I hope some of you actually read and respond to those stories. :)

Yeah, Vills, I am pretty prolific when I have the time. :)

Thanks again, guys! :)

*Derisa*

7. Rani Veko

Rani Veko Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2000
    Well, the 2002 Winter Fan Fiction Awards results were announced yesterday, and Derisa won something in each of the five categories she was nominated for! Here's her personal results:

In Readers? Choice Romance Story, Derisa won third place for "Last Chance: Myn and Lara".

For the category Readers? Choice Original Trilogy In-Progress Story, she was first runner-up for her story, "The Martyrs".

Derisa tied with one other author for first runner-up in the category Readers? Choice Post-ROTJ In-Progress Story with "Last Chance: Myn and Lara".

For Most Underrated Story, Derisa's vignette "Deep Down" was declared first runner-up.

Finally, for the category Readers? Choice Male Original Character in a Supporting Role, it was announced that for her interpretation of "The Ewok Kolot" in "Last Chance: Myn and Lara" _Derisa_Ollamhin_ was the WINNER!

I hope you'll all join me in congratulating Derisa for these well-earned awards!

- Rani

8. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    Congratulations Derisa on all your 4 awards. You must be so proud of yourself. Whether you or not we are :)

9. Alakin_Marshwalker

Alakin_Marshwalker Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2002
    Good Job Derisa.

10. Shara_82

Shara_82 Administrator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 10, 2001
    Congratulations, Derisa!!!

11. Vills-Kavic

Vills-Kavic Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2003
    Hip hip... huzzah!!!!

Good job, Derisa... Congratulations on your well-deserved awards. It's great to have a Victory Base writer to have our name out there!!! :)

-Vills

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.