main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Winter Club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by MikeSolo, Aug 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikeSolo

MikeSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2002
    One of Princess Leia's best friends is the woman named Winter. Winter and Leia both grew up on Alderaan. When Leia entered politics, Winter became her royal aide.

Winter is a tall beautiful white woman with long white-sliverish hair and has a holographic and audiographic memory that forces her to remember things she has seen or heard(The perfect memory is not force related). This talent made her valuable for Rebel Intelligence. During the Battles at Yavin, Hoth and Endor Winter worked in the background doing undercover intelligence work. This work put her on the Imperial Death List under many aliases.

After the Battle of Endor Winter was reunited with Leia. Winter went back to being Leia's top aide.
    When the Alliance was going up aganist Grand Admiral Thrawn, Winter helped find out a security leak in the Imperial Palace on Coruscant, which was serving as the Alliance HQ.
    Lastly she is married to Tycho Celchu.

If anyone has any additional INFO on Winter please post it. So whatever comments or opinions you hold about this lovely lady please post away.

Final thing about Winter is what she'd look like in the flesh. From the drawings I've seen of her and what is said about her in the books, I'd picture as looking like somewhere between a Heather Locklear and Gwyneth Paltrow. Other opinions on what Winter would look like ?

2. jedi_j76

jedi_j76 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 17, 2002
    I don;t know what she would look like.
    I'm happy. A Winter club. She deserves one too. Can I be 1st to join?

3. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    She's a taller, more elegant, hotter version of Leia.

4. Alderaan_

Alderaan_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2001
    There's the Winter icon, and the picture in the SW Encyclopedia.

Then there's the pictures in TEGTC and she looks completely different.

Each picture makes her look hot, though :D

Winter's still alive, right? Where is she during the NJO?

5. Aunecah_Skywalker

Aunecah_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 25, 2002
    I like Winter, too. Sorry, I'm not quite the know-it-all of the EU books, but did Winter die before NJO? If she didn't, I think she deserves to be Ben's nanny. At least, she deserves to be mentioned in NJO.

Aunecah_Skywalker

6. Guinastasia

Guinastasia Force Ghost star 6

Jun 9, 2002
    www.aaronallston.com

Allston said that she's still around, because if something had happened to her, Tycho would be all sad.

Since he's not, Winter's probably taking care of her own kids, and/or helping with the NRI, like always.

7. MikeSolo

Aug 6, 2002
    Winter is still alive. She is mentioned in one of the NJO books I forget which one though. And Tycho is one lucky guy to be married to one of the hottest woman in the Star Wars Galaxy. Mara, Leia, Jaina and who ever else are pretty good looking, but I feel Winter is just alot more attractive. Look at her name Winter, it sounds like a name you give a goddess.

8. Jedi15

Jedi15 Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 7, 1999
    She's cool. :)

9. Alderaan_

Alderaan_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2001
    How many kids does Winter have?

10. MikeSolo

Aug 6, 2002
    I dunno about how many kids she has or even if she has kids...but I bet she does because every other character in the NJO has some damn kids and their kids will have kids so on and so on sorry i'm just sick of every SW character getting married and having this happy little family ANYWAYS..

I have been recently reading some Rogue Squadron graphic novels aka comics...and Winter was in one of them. From the looks if it she was apart of Rogue Squadron before Corran Horn came aboard. I know people might say that I'm wrong and she was never apart of Rogue Squadron. If she was not or was I could careless, but in the comic,I saw her in a pilot's uniform. I say she was a part of Rogue Squadron because well she was in a comic titled Rogue Squadron and she had the orange flight suit on, which I think is Rogue Squadron's color. So in my opinion Winter was a Rogue and this just adds to how great of a character she is :) She is very smart,perfect memory,intell agent,and of course very very beautiful. Now you can add a X-wing pilot to her list. Watch out you TIE pilots you have a Winter Storm on your azz!!

So if you wanna see Winter as a Rogue, the name of the graphic novel aka comic is Star Wars: X-Wing Rogue Squadron, Mandatory Retirement.

11. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    *bump*

Winter is one of the most underused and most deserving characters. She helped raise Leia's kids for Force's sake.

Plus, she's married to Tycho. :)

12. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Daughter_of_Yubyub Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 2002
    I'll join. Winter is cool. WHere the heck has she been the entire NJO?

13. Guinastasia

Guinastasia Force Ghost star 6

Jun 9, 2002
    I hate how Winter was always made into a glorified nanny-KJA did this especially. He also tried to pair her up with ACKBAR.

Winter and Tycho rock.

14. farraday

farraday Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 27, 2000
    I like how she made up for Leia being the suckiest mother ever.

"What Luke? I should send my kids off to be isolated for two years? Sure!"

Oy...

Go Winter!

15. Elori

Elori Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2002
    Winter? I like Winter. :) Hey, she got a last name? :confused:

16. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    Winter will be in Destiny's Way. I don't know much about her role, though.

Yeah, what was the deal, pairing her with ACKBAR? Can we say "EWWWWWWW?"

17. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Jul 8, 2002
    Really? She's going to be in DW? Yay! I'm happy now.

18. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    yup, she *is* in the book. i got it today and I skimmed it. Can't wait to see what her involvement really is. I hope its good. :)

19. Lianna

Lianna Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    DW Spoiler

Winter is in DW. There is a touching scene in it between Winter and Jacen.

20. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Jul 8, 2002
    Of course, now that she's in the NJO, it bodes badly for her survival...

:_| I want DW!

21. Niralle

Niralle Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 28, 2001
    Here's a question for you guys.

It's mentioned that Winter looks a lot like Leia, especially when they were younger. Now, Winter is Leia's trusted friend and aid. She's smart, trust-worthy, and resourceful.

Here's the question--is it possible that Winter was the daughter of one of Padme's handmaiden's? Like Dorme, or Sabe?

Hum????

22. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    only problem, Niralle, is that Winter has white hair......but its possible.......

23. Lianna

Lianna Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    I thought that Winter was the daughter of one of Bail Organa's most trusted servants/aides who also had perfect memory. I never got that Winter looked a lot like Leia only that Winter was more naturally gracefull that visitors to the Palace often thought that she was the Princess of Alderaan and not Leia.

24. Niralle

Niralle Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 28, 2001
    Um, from what I recall, Winter and Leia looked a lot alike as kids, then Winter's hair turned white later on. They used to play tricks on visiters for kicks.

I'm just saying that would be an interesting twist, that's all.

ps...Hey, Winter could have gotten the white hair from her dad. It's possible.

25. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    Mmmmm, Winter. The character that resembles the way I look the most (thus why I have her icon, so I don't mislead people), and the best darn icon here on the boards. ;)

And I do agree that we need a nice married couple without any kids. Tionne and Kam have that, but I think it might be biological (Tionne is humanoid, if you recall). We need more characters without kids! :p

Jae Angel

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.