main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Winter Club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by MikeSolo, Aug 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    I HATE OPPM!

This really should go in the *OFFICIAL* hate thread.... :p

2. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Daughter_of_Yubyub Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 2002
    Yeah, we've dishonoured Winter long enough. It's bad enough the authours ignore her. :p

3. Miska

Miska Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 18, 2002
    Hi guys! I'm going to be writing a fic in the near future, and there will be a couple of scenes in it between her and Leia. I know absolutley nothing about Winter, so I want to make sure I get it right- her character, her background, her looks, etc. So I have a few questions, and I'd really appreciate it if you guys could answer them :)

1. What is her character? I know about the photographic memory, but what's important to her? What are her motivations? Where is she from and does she have a last name. Any insight you could give me into her character would be wonderful.

2. Where was she about 3-4 years before Episode 4, and where is she during the Rebellion?

3. How does she meet Tycho (her husband, right?) and when do they get married?

Thanks a lot guys!!!

4. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    Motivations, I don't know. She's from Alderaan, and she (at the point in time you're using, at least) doesn't have a last name we know of.

3-4 years BSW4, I think she was an aide to Bail Organa.

I don't know when/where/how she meets Tycho, but I think they get married sometime between the Jedi Academy Trilogy and Starfighters of Adumar.

Hope that helps! And post a link to your fic when you've started it! :)

5. Miska

Apr 18, 2002
    Thanks!! I'll be sure to post a link!

6. marajoan

marajoan Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 3, 2002
    She is Leia's aide and is seen in the Han Solo trilogy, working to recruit for the Alliance in the years before ANH.
    She met Tycho while working as an intelligence agent in procuring things for the Alliance. She is known as Targeter and appears in the Rogue Squadron comics and their first meeting is in one of these.
    They get back together when the Rogues are assigned to take down the shields for the assault on Coruscant in the book, Wedge's Gamble.
    They were not yet married in the Starfighters of Adumar but were involved. When Luke and Leia get married after the Timothy Zahn duology as portrayed in the Union comics, they are married. Tycho is not mentioned in the Zahn duology so we don't know when they got married.
    I write my own stories to fill in the gaps.

7. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Jul 8, 2002
    When Luke and Leia get married after the Timothy Zahn duology as portrayed in the Union comics, they are married.

Umm, you mean Luke and Mara. SW has gone away from the Luke/Leia thing. :p

1. What is her character? I know about the photographic memory, but what's important to her? What are her motivations? Where is she from and does she have a last name. Any insight you could give me into her character would be wonderful.

The Rebellion is important to her. I suppose she's motivated by the fact she is haunted by flawless memories of Imperial evils.

2. Where was she about 3-4 years before Episode 4, and where is she during the Rebellion?

She was generally acting as a companion to Leia. They were trained in Intel techniques together. Winter worked for Supply and Procurment as well as Intelligence.

3. How does she meet Tycho (her husband, right?) and when do they get married?

She meets him in connection with a Rogue mission, I think. They first get together during a mission on Tatooine. And they won't tell us when they get married. :mad:

8. marajoan

Mar 3, 2002
    Yes, I definitely meant the marriage of Luke and Mara. This is what happens when you write when short on sleep. Thanks YubYub.

9. Miska

Apr 18, 2002
    Thanks guys! How did she come to be Leia's aide- where her parents part of the Alderaanian court or something? Who were her parents? I really appreciate all the help you guys have been!

10. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    We don't know her parents, how she came to be Leia's friend, or really much about her backstory. Like everything that happened between the Clone Wars novels and ANH, we know very little.

11. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Jul 8, 2002
    Or in other words, like any character with a major role in the X-wing series, she has little to no pre-Rebel past. :p

EDIT: Little to no, not little to know, although that is also true. :p

12. marajoan

Mar 3, 2002
    She was Leia's friend during most of her childhood and seemed to share the same training.

13. marajoan

Mar 3, 2002
    anyone out there?

14. marajoan

Mar 3, 2002
    bumpity bumpity bump bump bump

15. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    pmub pmub pmub ytipmub ytipmub