main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge The Winter Holliday Fic-gift Exchange Challenge!! **Questions and Thanks from Mav**

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by mavjade , Nov 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Irish_Jedi_Jade

Irish_Jedi_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2007
    aww...mav you're so sweet!!! I'll join in the cheering:

YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Wishing all of you happy muses, lively music, and co-operative computers!!!

[face_good_luck] Irish

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    I'm cheering for Irish as well, and others I don't know about LOL =D= :*

3. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    First I have to say CONGRATULATIONS all!!=D= 27 out of 30 people signed up completed their fics on time!!![face_dancing] Thank you all for that! Two of those had extinuating circumstances. I'll be sending a PM to those who didn't get a fic, so be on the look out for it!

Now to a few questions from me...
    This is the first time I've hosted something like this and I want to know how you all think I did so I can improve for the next time I do something.

Was the time given to complete the fics alright?
    Were the instructions clear and understandable? (That's prob. a big NO! :p )
    For those of you who recieved reminder PMs were they more annoying than helpful?
    Anything else I could have done to make this better?

Thank you all again for making this so much fun!!! [:D]

4. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I thought it was a great challenge in every respect. The time allotted was just right. A deadline close enough to keep things fresh in my memory, and not so quickly that I got nervous! And RL happens, so even if someone didn't get a fic, they certainly had a lot of wonderful stories to read!

I'd love to see this challenge happen again next year! :D

5. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005

Yes, I think it was perfect.

Were the instructions clear and understandable?

I understood them just fine :)

Anything else I could have done to make this better?

I don't think so. It was a pretty straightforward challenge and I hope to see it again next year.

6. J_M_Bulldog

J_M_Bulldog Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2003
    Was the time given to complete the fics alright? Yes, it was perfect for me.
    Were the instructions clear and understandable? I understood them fine.
    Anything else I could have done to make this better? Can't think of anything. It was a great challenge and I'm looking for next year's one. :)

7. madman007

madman007 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 22, 2007
    Were the instructions clear and understandable? Crystal clear for me.
    Anything else I could have done to make this better? Nothing major but see below
    Was the time given to complete the fics alright? Time frame was enough for most writers here, but since we did have a few that could not make the deadline from circumstances beyond their control, perhaps you could alert this for next year (this year now) earlier maybe by a few weeks, like the beginning of Nov? I know from experience that Nov-Dec months are the most hectic with holidays back to back to back, so maybe just a little more time.

8. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I think that it was all very clear and the time frame was reasonable.

9. Aiel

Aiel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004

10. Absolutely, more then generous amount of time, even if RL interfered I still think it would have been enough.

11. Were the instructions clear and understandable? (That's prob. a big NO! tongue )

12. Not at all! The instructions were very easily understood

13. Anything else I could have done to make this better?

14. I'd go out on a limb and just ask for maybe a little more specifics overall? But that would be the only thing, I enjoyed the challenge immensely, (and are yet to post the second part. ;) )

16. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    If I might make a suggestion - If someone didn't get the fic they wanted to see written, drop the bunny off in the Plot Bunny Thread? There might be an author there who's interested in writing it for you ;) :)

17. dancing_star

dancing_star Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2007
    Was the time given to complete the fics alright? It was plenty good for me! :)
    Were the instructions clear and understandable? Yep! :D
    Anything else I could have done to make this better?[face_thinking] I don't think so. This was a wonderful challenge, mavjade! [face_dancing] Thank you so much! I hope we do it again real soon! Maybe for Valentines Day? [face_batting] Huggles!!! [:D]

18. Irish_Jedi_Jade

Irish_Jedi_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2007
    I thought you did an EXCELLENT job, mav!!! Thank you so much for organizing this, it was such fun!!!! I loved reading all the entries (or at least some...still working on it!) and the fun twists the authors put to each story. The time period as well was just right for me!!

Three cheers for Mavjade!!!!! =D= [face_dancing] [:D]

[face_good_luck] Irish

19. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    You did a great job, and thank you for doing it! [:D]

Was the time given to complete the fics alright? Plenty of time.

Were the instructions clear and understandable? I had no problem understanding them, and I get easily confused. ;)

For those of you who recieved reminder PMs were they more annoying than helpful? Oops, N/A. :D

Anything else I could have done to make this better? Just do it again next year. [face_laugh]

20. Jedi-Ant

Jedi-Ant Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2007
    I think you did a fantastic job hosting this challenge, mavjade!! :D =D= =D= I don't have any improvements to add for next time, I'm afraid, because I thought everything ran smoothly, the due dates were fair, and the rotation system seemed to work fabulously. :D =D=

Well done! Thank you so much for creating such a wonderful, enjoyable challenge. [:D] I had a ball, and can't wait to do it again next year.

Ant. ]-}

21. Meredith_Kenobi

Meredith_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    Was the time given to complete the fics alright? Yes, there was pleanty of time! Any more time, though, and I probably would have kept putting it off thinking, 'Oh, I've got time, I've got time...'. So, in my opinion, I wouldn't maximize the time any more than it was. But it was long enough that I didn't feel TOO rushed, either. It was very nice. :) Did that make any sense?

Were the instructions clear and understandable? I don't recall being confused, so they must have been! The example PM was a real help.

For those of you who recieved reminder PMs were they more annoying than helpful? N/A

Anything else I could have done to make this better? Only one thing: be sure to do this next year, as well.

22. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Thank you all for your thoughts on this challenge, I am taking them all to heart! I'm glad you all had fun and I am certainly planning on doing it again next year!!

Thank you all again!

[:D]
    ~Mav

EDIT: If you are ever looking to read some of these fics (or are like me and haven't gotten to read very many) I did put links in the Master Challenge Index!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.