main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming The Witcher Series (PC RPG of the Forever)

Discussion in 'Community' started by moosemousse, Nov 21, 2010.

1. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    What I really liked about that 'talk' was the execution. When you tell him 'no one's coming' I finally got why a few online mates have deemed this Medieval Batman because that line was pure bats.

The other aspect was when I decided to kill him and Geralt drops the bomb that Ciri like's a daughter to him. In Whoreson's eyes you can see this sense of realisation that he's going to die and why. I can guess how it was done, probably top of the range motion capture and some damn good acting mixed with a killer graphics engine, but that doesn't lessen the magic.

Tonight, somehow, I managed to take out the Byways Ghouls, despite them being red-skulled level 23 bastards. A very close fight,. involving many strategic retreats as I ensured I took them one-on-one. Not going any further on that contract for now but can run through that village without being killed.

2. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    You'll all like this:

Was rescuing Dandelion and the guy with him fancies himself a duelist. After a couple of exchanges I decided I'd had enough of it. Set him on fire and then bombed him!

Did a quite tactical fight with Menge and his guards earlier, bombed a group of 4, then set a barrel on fire and legged it, said barrel then killed another 3. A short while later it was over with many corpses and pieces of all over the place.

3. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    i have not been playing this at all. Been doing destiny, But i need to get in this game more.

4. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Just had another series of linking quests, finishing off with a vampire serial killer!

5. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    cool. i have to get into this game.

6. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    How's Destiny when it gets going from a 1-player only view? I've the demo but it ain't doing a great job of selling itself.

7. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    Yeah. It is better with 2 or more it's not as fun solo. They also do a bad job explaining how to go about doing things. But there is Google and friends, soooo.... works for me.

8. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    Renting this game at the moment, but I'll be ensuring I get a copy of my own. Tell me though, without spoilers of course, how much of the main storyline have I got to go? I'm still yet to find Ciri, but I've ruled out her being in Velen or Novigrad. Still yet to go to Skellige.

9. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    I think your still early on, but that more than I have done .

10. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005

Crikey, I must have played about 20 hours already [face_laugh]. Currently level 19, so I'm getting more overpowered for the story stuff I'm currently on.

11. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    I heat it's a 63 hour game

12. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005

I presume that's for just the main story, yes? Because if I can plough over a hundred hours into one save of Skyrim, I can see this lasting me double that easily.

JediMatteus likes this.
  13. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Depends. You can probably do a plow-through in ten to twenty but there are "side" quests that affect the ending that you'll most likely want to knock out.

14. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    I haven't had much time to play this either. Definitely need to get back into it.

15. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Oh, if you like exploring, you'll rack lots and lots of time on this. I've had it for about 6 weeks and am only now contemplating going to Skellige!

16. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    I actually put in 900 hours into skyrim, while trying countless mods

17. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    I could put ridiculous hours into Skyrim with mods if I was on PC, especially with the Unofficial Patches fixing so many lingering issues and small mods like Auto Unequip Ammo and Civil War Repairs that enhance the experience. And that is before taking into account DLC style expansions like Undeath, Falskaar, and Wyrmstooth, and numerous weapon, armor, and magic mods like Heavy Armory, Bound Armory, and Enai Siaion's four magic mods.

JediMatteus likes this.
  18. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013
    Is it just me or does Dandelion look like Johnny Depp?

Ramza and Jedi Ben like this.
  19. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    ... Huh, yeah. That explains why he went from a soul patch to a Van Dyke, I suppose.

20. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Somehow - not quite sure how - I ended up taking out a very strong Basilisk north of White Eagle Fort, just kept getting behind it and hitting it! Found a key and did a recommended Level 32 treasure hunt!

Done a few others too, but that really stood out.

21. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    I am now in Skellige.... And it's another freakingly massive area.

Exploring this is going to take some time.

Oh and before I left Velen I killed a Rock Troll, Earth Elemental, Wyvern, Fiend and Cyclops. Some quite major fights where I was shielding, dodging and bombing.

22. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Skellige tip - there's a merchant near the starting area that sells maps, which will give you quick travel locations on most of the major islands. As I understand they've rebalanced his costs (They were hellishly expensive when I bought them), I highly recommend the investment, as they cut down on sailing time.

Unless you're really, really jonesing for a Wind Waker fix, I guess.

Ezio Skywalker and Jedi Ben like this.
  23. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Already found and bought 'em - nothing like having a skeleton teleport network in place.

That and I got the money for it.

24. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013
    I like sailing. :/

25. WadiumArcadium

WadiumArcadium Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 27, 2014
    Almost nearing the end of this now. Definitely my GOTY so far. Such a fantastically realised world and there's a really good variety of quests.

I wouldn't like to see my total playtime. It must be pretty high!