main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming The Witcher Series (PC RPG of the Forever)

Discussion in 'Community' started by moosemousse, Nov 21, 2010.

1. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    I'm currently exploring the Skellige Isles, and man, sailing across the ocean can be pretty tedious at times. At least the visuals make up for the monotony. I even saw a whale crest above the waves tonight!

2. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    I usually just used the fast travel points between shores.

3. timmoishere

Jun 2, 2007
    I would too, but I like hunting down all the smuggler's caches hidden beneath the waves. Plus, I don't like fast traveling to places I haven't been to yet.

4. Howard Hand

Howard Hand Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2015
    Loving Witcher 3 so far, despite having never played 1 or 2. The sword-and-sorcery backstory of the world itself is boring as it always is with these kind of games but what really makes the game is the execution, especially regarding the writing and characters. Very slick combat too.

Jedi Ben and timmoishere like this.
  5. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Witcher 2 is free on the Xbox 360 for a few more days. It was also added to the backwards compatibility list too.

Ezio Skywalker likes this.
  6. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Does anyone know if rabid rock trolls can drop both troll mutagens and troll livers at the same time? I've only got one left in all creation, they don't respawn any more, and I need one mutagen (for the troll decoction) and one more liver (for superior ogoid oil).

I can get it to drop one or the other but, so far, not both.

If I have to choose I'll go for the oil, as I'll never use the decoction at all and it's just an OCD thing.

7. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    At last, the reason behind Blood and Wine's delay has been revealed!

Ezio Skywalker likes this.
  8. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    Honestly, I'd buy that sticker.

9. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    I've returned to Witcher: Hearts of Stone...

The Borsodis are dead, both of 'em - very satisfying killing Ewald, set the bugger on fire then took his head off.
    To my surprise managed to also take out the Caretaker and the Wraith, both of which have quite a rep, then again I wasn't playing fair - Spectre Oil, enhanced weapons + armour with bombs in reserve. There's still some superb scripting in this game.

Thought I better get back to it with the F4 Far Harbour DLC in-bound next week....

10. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    May 31st.

I can feel the hype overtaking me. It is a good pain!

Ulicus likes this.
  11. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    What an excellent way to hit 40!

EDIT: Well, assuming it downloads in time... Thing sounds large enough to be a game in its own right.

12. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    The download has begun....

14GB!

13. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Just started and anyone else would be content with a massive new area, quests and enemies.

Nope, not this lot, instead they've also given the graphics engine an upgrade and improved the game menu design!

Just got to Toussaint and done the first boss battle.

14. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I got a preview code for the standalone version of Gwent and it is really good. The version in The Witcher 3 is fairly basic and simple, as it is just a mini-game, but they've really done a lot of work to it and added a lot of new features. I'm really enjoying it and I can't wait for the final release.

15. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    So, finally got around to finishing Blood & Wine.

Went with the
    'save regis / kill Syanna / screw the Duchess', why not? I've already pissed off Var Emreis and fed Von Everec to O'Dimm so it's at the very least consistent!

Really like the 'epilogue' quests.

It all concluded very well.

Now New Game + beckons.... But not today.

16. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I don't know if it be the next witcher game, but the witcher 4 will most likley have Cirilla as it's lead character.

Jordan1Kenobi and solojones like this.
  17. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Most likely? It's nowhere near that, it's a fun story, good article, good video but it's not yet set.

I think it'd be met very positively, but wouldn't class it as most likely right now.

18. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    That’d be my dream for The Witcher 4. Absolutely love her as a character. And her powers are so damn fun.

Dannik Jerriko likes this.
  19. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Wow, such a hint, what a major sign of commitment:
    So it's actually a clickbait non-story? From WhatCulture? I know, shocking.

Last edited: May 25, 2020
    blackmyron, Chewgumma and Jedi Ben like this.
  20. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I want a Witcher spin off game where you play as Zolton, who is trying, for 50 hours or so, to convince the Novigrad Top Notch Swords Merchant that he only sells armor.

21. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018

This talks of maybe where we could see a new game with between new spin off series the story of Geralt, with netflix having the big screen deal and CDPR having games, comics deal. We could see a story either after Geralt or right after the witcher origin story. Also it seems small teams have already started working on a new Witcher game while they were working on Cyberpunk. And in 2022 they'll likley have more larger teams working on the new witcher game. It seems htey might take same route as Red dead redemption 2, so we could see this by 2030. For now all we getting some small card games and waiting for a new true witcher game, it probaly be a standalone and not continnue after Witcher 3, as all the monsters are gone and witcher's probaly gone soon after Geralt and be just humans and dwarves, with some elfs here and there.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2021
  22. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    I trusted your wisdom @Ramza and today I started the game on switch.
    Pretty awesome so far, expecially the world building.

23. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Make sure to dig into the side quests, there’s a lot of great writing and equipment that’s easy to miss if you critical path it.

24. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    Also, make heavy use of the quen sign during combat. It *will* save your life.

Oh and focus on leveling up the delusion skill early on, as it will unlock more dialogue options in conversations.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2021
    Jedi Ben and 3sm1r like this.
  25. timmoishere

Jun 2, 2007
    Combat in The Witcher is almost like a dance. You can dive in hacking and slashing if you like (with the Quen sign active of course), but you’ll need to be aware of that sign’s countdown and recharge time so you can briefly retreat from the battle, heal, and activate the sign again.

The crossbow is virtually useless unless you’re underwater, so you’ll be mostly using sword combat on land. Also be sure to check the creature lexicon in your inventory so you can know which potions to make ahead of time before you tackle a big monster.

3sm1r likes this.