main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Wizards' School [YJK AU; HP/SW X-over (Year 1); Jaina, Jacen, Anakin] Hiatus?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Idrelle_Miocovani, Jun 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Winner of Best Crossover at the 2008 Beyond the Saga FanFic Awards

Title: The Wizards' School
    Author: Idrelle_Miocovani
    Genre: Crossover (HP/SW), AU, general
    Characters: Jaina Solo, Jacen Solo, Anakin Solo; Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, Hermione Granger, other Harry Potter characters
    Summary: Annoyed with her parents, Jaina Solo decides to take a risky flight with her brothers on the Millennium Falcon back to their uncle's Jedi Academy on Yavin IV. However, when the ship's infamous hyperdrive delivers them to an unknown planet, the Solo children find themselves mixed up in a world of wizards, witches, magic and danger.
    Notes: I've been planning a HP/SW crossover for a while. This was supposed to be posted back in January, but then DRL attacked. I've changed a few noticable things around so events will run more smoothly; Jaina and Jacen are now 11 years old and Anakin is 10 when they attend Luke's Jedi Academy, for example. This will be following the basic plot line of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone but it will have some drastic changes.

This is somewhat of an exicting adventure for me, so hopefully it won't end up being a complete disaster! :p Enjoy!

Note #2: This is somewhat important. I tweaked the timeline a little bit, so here's a new timeline for you to see. The parts written in blue are the parts that I changed.

TIMELINE

9 Years After A New Hope
    The Last Command
    Jaina and Jacen Solo are born

10 Years After A New Hope
    Anakin Solo is born

11 Years After A New Hope
    Jedi Acadmy Trilogy
    Jaina and Jacen are 2
    Anakin is 1

14 Years After A New Hope
    The Crystal Star
    Jaina and Jacen are 5
    Anakin is 4

18 Years After A New Hope
    Ambush at Corellia
    Jaina and Jacen are 9
    Anakin is 8

19 Years After A New Hope
    Hand of Thrawn Duology
    Union
    Junior Jedi Knights
    Survivor's Quest

Jaina and Jacen are 10
    Anakin is 9

20 Years After A New Hope
    Heirs of the Force (Young Jedi Knights)
    Shadow Academy (Young Jedi Knights)
    The Lost Ones (Young Jedi Knights)
    Lightsabers (Young Jedi Knights)
    The Wizards' School

Jaina and Jacen are 11
    Anakin is 10

[b]PM List[/b]

_sticks, beccatoria, darkladypurplepencil, Darth_Marrs, DarthXan318, Diamond_Revelation, Ewok-Kenobi, Fanficfan, ikarit, jaina_clan_solo, Jaina_Solo_Goddess, Jedi_Kassandra, jedikatie26, LilyHobbitJedi, mara_jade_rox, MarasFire, Master_M_Sky, NYCitygurl, padawanlost, princess_of_naboo, SilentWolf, SithGirl132, SWpants666, Tahi, TheJediHick_06, TigerofRobare, Twin_Saber

[hr]

[b]CHAPTER ONE

Reading the Signs[/b]

The summer rarely ever had dull, grey days. More often than not, the sky was clear, the sun was bright and the weather was most favourable for long walks outside. However, this Tuesday was grey; the sky was filled with a blanket of stormy-looking, looming and ever persistent stratus clouds and the outdoors were filled with the premonitions of on-coming rain.

The sky and the outdoor conditions did not stop some from going outside. In bustling cities, children still ran around with their friends, playing football in the parks, and adults still went outside for a breath of fresh air and exercise ? ordinary summer routines fulfilled.

Far away from those busy cities and surrounded by nature, where the sky was still grey and the conditions still dull, a man was walking steadily through the damp grass, carefully observing and examining the spaces around him.

He was a peculiar man ? to any normal person, he would appear to be a weirdo sucked into a new teenage fashion. He was tall, thin and had very long hair and beard. He was wearing long, swishing robes, complete with an equally long purple cloak and black, buckled boots. He had very bright blue eyes that shone out from behind a pair of half-moon spectacles that were perched prec

2. frankieskywalker

frankieskywalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2006
    hey that was great. pm me when you update thanks

3. princess_of_naboo

princess_of_naboo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2000
    Whoa, awesome start! Can you PM me when you update?

4. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    this sounds really neat. I love how you started with Dumbledore's POV. That was amazing.

Could you PM me when you put the next chapter up?

5. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    frankieskywalker: Thanks! And sure, I can PM you. :)

princess_of_naboo: Thanks for reading! Yes, of course I can PM you, too!

SWpants666: Thanks! I wrote the first chapter from Dumbledore's POV mostly because it gives some foundation for Jaina, Jacen and Anakin's future arrival on the planet, and, of course, the first chapter of The Philosopher's Stone was written partly from Dumbledore's POV too! :D Thanks for reading! I'll PM you, too!

6. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    true. But not like what you did. Not exactly. I don't know, I may be wrong. Maybe it's just the different setting that is making me see things differently *shrugs*

And thanks, looking forward to the PM! :)

7. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Interesting. Three 'unknowns.'

8. The_Slilent_One

The_Slilent_One Jedi Master star 3

Sep 19, 2004
    sounds good. Will Tahiri be making an aprearance? Coz Anakin without Tahiri is like... strawberrys without cream.

Keep it up

9. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    SWpants666:
    true. But not like what you did. Not exactly. I don't know, I may be wrong.

It's sort of like... she goes from Dursleys to Dumbledore walking down Privet Drive, I think. Something like that.

DarthIshtar: Thanks Ish! Yeah, three 'unknowns'. Hmm... makes me think of math! Find the unknowns in this triangle using trigonometry...

The_Slilent_One: Thanks! Coz Anakin without Tahiri is like... strawberrys without cream. LOL! Well... if Tahiri ever does make an appearance, it'll be much, much later. :)

Thanks for reading!

10. Diamond_Revelation

Diamond_Revelation Jedi Master star 3

Feb 25, 2003
    Wow that was a great start Idrelle! I loved your reference to the importance of being earnest! I am looking forward to seeing how things will change once the solos turn up. I have a feeling chaos will ensue.

Looking forward to the next chapter - are you PMing?

11. TigerofRobare

TigerofRobare Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 11, 2006
    This is great! I love SW/HP crossovers. I look forward to seeing the Chewbacca/Hagrid arm wrestling contest.

Could I get PM'd with updates, please?

12. JagF

JagF Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 27, 2006
    Interesting story, can't wait to see how the mysterious three will adapt to the world of magic.

Great chapter, can't wait for the next!

13. SuperSaiyaMan12

SuperSaiyaMan12 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    Cool start, so you're starting at the first book? I'd like a PM for any updates in the future by the way.

Please update soon. Oh, can you check out my fic, Shinobi Knight? It's in my signature.

14. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    Wow, what a great start to your story. I'm intrigued to see what is going to happen when the Solos arrive. If you are starting a pm list, can I be added? I can't wait for more.

15. Yoda-i_am

Yoda-i_am Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 10, 2006
    This looks like it will be interesting btw could you pm me with and updates thanks in advance

16. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    Diamond_Revelation: Wow that was a great start Idrelle! Thanks Diamond!

I loved your reference to the importance of being earnest!

LOL! I found it funny when I first wrote it? and it seems like a play that Dumbledore would like as well. :D

I am looking forward to seeing how things will change once the solos turn up. I have a feeling chaos will ensue.

Oh most deffinately? wait until they meet the Weasley twins? :p 8-}

Looking forward to the next chapter - are you PMing? Sure am! :)

TigerofRobare: This is great! Thanks! :)

I love SW/HP crossovers. I look forward to seeing the Chewbacca/Hagrid arm wrestling contest.

LOL! [face_laugh]

Could I get PM'd with updates, please? Of course!

JagF: Interesting story, can't wait to see how the mysterious three will adapt to the world of magic.

LOL, you just wait! :D ;) Thanks for reading!

SuperSaiyaMan12: Cool start, so you're starting at the first book?

Yep. To me, that?s the most logical place for the type of story that I?m writing. Things are going to get very complicated and I think the ?mysterious three? will have a more realistic relationship with the golden trio if we start at the very beginning. You?ll see! :D

I'd like a PM for any updates in the future by the way. All right! :)

LilyHobbitJedi: Wow, what a great start to your story. Thanks!

I'm intrigued to see what is going to happen when the Solos arrive.

Everything is going to mayhem hall. :p

If you are starting a pm list, can I be added? Of course! :D

Yoda-i_am: Thanks for reading! And yes, you?ve been added!

17. SuperSaiyaMan12

Aug 30, 2005
    Well, starting at the first book throws out any romances between the characters:D (Jacen and Jaina are around 18, and Anakin is 15 after all)

So, can you please check out Ren and mine's fanfic?

18. Sol_Invictus

Sol_Invictus Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2006
    LOL Shameless plug. That's alright, though. Our work could use some more readers.

Interesting idea, Idrelle. I'll keep an eye on it.

19. Sol_Invictus

Sol_Invictus Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2006
    And I just checked. The intro says that the ages are changed for the sake of convenience.

20. jaina_clan_solo

jaina_clan_solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    This looks really interesting! I'd love to see what happens next! could I get PM's when you update please?

thanks, jcs

21. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    SuperSaiyaMan12:
    So, can you please check out Ren and mine's fanfic?

LOL... your friend is right, shameless plug. :p I'll check it out. :)

Sol_Invictus: And I just checked. The intro says that the ages are changed for the sake of convenience.

That's right. This takes place generally around the time of YJK, but the ages are changed. I only did that because they need their lightsabers and they can't have them if they're not at the Jedi Academy. :p And Anakin is a year younger than the twins, according to the various places that I checked, including lazykbys_left's When was X born and how old was s/he in Y?. :)

jaina_clan_solo: Thanks! :D And yes, you're on the PM list! :D

22. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    Many thanks to NYCitygurl for looking over this for me! :D And I got it back faster than I expected, so I guess we have a new post! :D

[b]CHAPTER TWO

Transcending the Stars[/b]

Millions of light-years away, completely unaware of the events that were taking place on a planet called Earth, and not even aware that there [i]was[/i] a planet called Earth, Jaina Solo jumped on her bed, taking great pleasure at the mess it made as pillows, tools, small objects and what may have been one of C-3PO?s golden fingers went flying in different directions.

Nothing in the entire galaxy could stop her from jumping, and then replacing her collection of items to once again toss them around. The fact was that the eleven-year-old Jedi apprentice was frustrated and angry and nothing her parents, her uncle or anyone else said would make a difference. Right now, she was perfectly content with her jumping and tossing and was quite pleased with the dents her handiwork as making in the walls.

?Jaina??

Jaina closed her eyes and turned around in mid-jump. She did not want to talk to her mother under [i]any[/i] circumstances.

?Jaina, I want you to stop jumping right now,? Leia Organa Solo said sternly.

Jaina thumped down on her bed and looked fiercely at her mother. Maybe if she glared hard enough, Leia would go away.

[i]Fat chance,[/i] Jaina thought savagely. Her mother was capable of the longest staring contests in the galaxy. Still, she was going to attempt to last as long as possible and go down courageously in the end.

Mother and daughter, so alike in appearance, yet so different in character, stared at each other ? daughter frustrated and angry, and mother irritated.

Princess Leia Organa Solo, the Chief of State, was a thoroughly accomplished and astonishing woman. The daughter of the galaxy?s most fearsome tyrant, Darth Vader, she was a calm, cool and intelligent politician with a strong will, a true heart and soul and an undiminished courage that had allowed her to lead a rebellion that eventually destroyed the Emperor?s tyrannical iron-grip on the Galaxy. To top it off, she was a beautiful, brown-haired woman, which helped make her a much beloved and popular leader.

However, Leia Organa Solo still faced the turmoil of bringing up three strong-willed and stubborn children who fought their parents at every turn.

This was not the first time she had to face her difficult daughter.

?Jaina,? Leia said in her calm, cool voice, ?I am not impressed with your attitude.?

Jaina turned away, crossing both her arms and legs, refusing to look at her mother. A grumpy frown had formed on her face.

?And I?m not impressed with yours!? she muttered darkly.

She heard Leia shift her weight behind her and knew that she had heard. A sense of guilty pleasure crept over her.

Jaina?s relationship with her mother was not a strong one. The young girl, for all her similarities to Leia, was distancing herself. She felt on most days that her mother was always too busy with her important work to have the time to spend with her children. At the times when they [i]did[/i] see each other, Leia was always tired and was constantly asking her not to bother her. Then had come the time when Leia had sent Jaina and her twin brother Jacen ? and not too much later, their younger brother Anakin ? to their uncle Luke?s Jedi Academy on Yavin IV. Jaina had spent a year and a half happily with her friends and her brothers, away from her irritating mother, until the horrid day when her parents had decided to take them out of the Academy for a few months of ?family time?. Jaina, not very happy with this decision, had fought vigorously to stay on Yavin IV at the Academy.

And now that she, Jacen and Anakin were home again, Leia suddenly didn?t have as much time to spend with her children as she had planned. This left Jaina annoyed and very angry. She wanted desperately to go back to the Jedi Academy.

What Jaina was forcing herself not to understand was that Leia was trying to correct the abyss that lay

23. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    if they ever get home, Han's going to KILL them for ruining the Falcon

After he grounds them for life of course :p

I can imagine Jaina being that temperamental at that age. Especially against Leia.

Where do you think they came out? :p

hmmm...oh, I don't know. Hogwarts? [face_laugh]

24. jaina_clan_solo

jaina_clan_solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    You described Jaina and Leia's relationship quite well-- I can see them engaged in a staring contest.

And boy are those three in trouble-- I think they have quite the adventure in store for them.

looking forward to more

jcs

25. SuperSaiyaMan12

Aug 30, 2005
    Pretty good chapter, so the Young Jedi Knights are really young, aren't they?:p

I...kind of didn't like the way Jaina reacted to Leia, I always thought they were very, very close...but I guess at age 11 the rebellious spirit of her mother and father is coming into play...

Anyway, update soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.