main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Wizards' School [YJK AU; HP/SW X-over (Year 1); Jaina, Jacen, Anakin] Hiatus?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Idrelle_Miocovani, Jun 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diamond_Revelation

Diamond_Revelation Jedi Master star 3

Feb 25, 2003
    Ooo Jaina found Jedi artefacts on Earth interesting!!!

I love their attempts to avoid the professors. Can't wait to see what happens next!

2. Jedi_Kassandra

Jedi_Kassandra Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 19, 2006
    A hologram...how interesting.

~kass

3. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    SithGirl132: First reply!
    That is amazing how Jaina found a holo from someone else stranded on earth. Nice plot twist there!

And one that shall be expanded on throughout the entire series. :D You might have to wait a while to find out who the peson is. [face_devil]

And Invisibility Cloaks are awesome.

Of course! I want one. :p

Great story! Can't wait for more.

Thanks! [:D]

TigerofRobare: Wow. So who was stranded in 1970? Hmmm, Mr X would be approximately sixty years old in 1991 and probably live among muggles, unless the Ministry kept him imprisoned. What's Dumbledore not telling Jacen and Jaina?

Lots of things.

But who says that Mr. X was stranded in 1970?

Thanks for reading! :)

Swpants666: That's too hilarious. Millions of Ikrits!

[face_laugh]

That was more a reference to my current state of mind, since I was being bombarded by plot bunnies. Millions of Ikrits is even scarier. :p

Oh my goodness, I love it, it's so amazing. Ugh, I hate that Snape has the book!

Yes, annoying, isn?t it?

That's frightening. I don't like that at all.

I don?t think you?re supposed to like maniacal laughter. :p

Thanks for reading! :D

jaina_clan_solo: it was another great chapter

Thanks! :D

I want to know what the rest of that message said... and who exactly it was that recorded the message.

It?s a plot point that I?ll be expanding on throughout the entire series, so you?ll be getting tidbits of who this person is from now and then.

and now they have all found the mirror of erised... that could prove quite useful in the upcoming chapters. I really like that it was Hermione who came closest to figuring out what it was (realizing that it didn't show either the past or the future)

It seemed like Hermione would be the one who would be manage to put things together. :D

Nat: Thanks! Yes, it?s too bad she couldn?t have heard the rest of the holo, but what was on the rest of it may or may not have helped her situation.

Darth_Marrs: Thanks for reading! And as to the Odyssey personnel? you?ll just have to wait! :D

Master_M_Sky: And, just a brief comment before I reply to the chapter, does anyone else notice how HIDEOUS the picture of the Vong thingy is on the "post reply" page?

You know, it kind of freaks me out too. :p

What a great, action-packed chapter! And that recording that Jaina found is very interesting. I wonder how that'll tie into the plot later.

I really do love this story. Update soon!

Thanks for reading! Glad you liked it! :D

padawanlost: I'm really interested to see what became of the person who made that holo. I hope that it offers some kind of clue to Jaina about ways home.

It might, it might not? can?t say. (aka, won?t say. :p )

The mirror was just sad all the way around. I can see how Jaina wouldn't want to step back from that vision.

Yes. I feel very bad for her right now. :(

Her nightmares are definitely not good. That sounds a lot like a killing curse to me, and that evil laugh is never good, no matter where in the universe you're living.

It might have been avada kedavra. Since this is HP-verse, it probably was. [face_worried]

Thanks for reading! [:D]

Jaina_Solo_Goddess: Just out of curiosity, can lightsabers deflect spells? That would be really cool!

In the few final chapters, you?ll find out what the relationship between lightsabers and spells are . :D

And now that Jacen and Jaina seem to have put their differences aside, can they now work like they used to, being completely connected twins and all? Cause then whoever they're fighting will have to deal with the force and magic at the same time, but from different directions.

And it would be scary. Mwhahaha! [face_devil]

Oh. Maybe that?s why I planned for certain things in later books? [face_whistling]

And could you manipulate spells

4. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

Predicaments

Jaina, Ron, Harry and Hermione did not mention the mirror at all in the following week. They had all seemed to agree unanimously that it was something beyond their understanding and that they had no business wondering about that strange mirror.

However, that didn?t keep Jaina?s thoughts from returning to the mirror. Over and over again, she dreamed of her family and friends. When classes began, she found herself straining to keep focus on her work, her mind invaded by daydreams of the lessons at the Academy. A strange feeling was beginning to well up within her ? she found herself desperately wanting to go home. Jaina soon found herself sinking into a depressed kind of state ? she barely talked to her friends and when asked questions in class, she merely murmured the answer or stayed silent all together.

Harry, Ron and Hermione were all concerned, but they all seemed to have other things on their minds, especially Harry. Jaina noticed that he was slipping into the same state as she was in ? silent and melancholy. For a week after the night when they saw the mirror, Harry began to develop deep bags under his eyes and he looked permanently exhausted. His performance in class was just as bad, if not worse, than Jaina?s.

?Harry, would you just concentrate, please?? Hermione implored dull Friday afternoon as they worked in the library on a particularly nasty Potions essay. ?This would be straightforward if you only read what is written in your book. Why are you discussing various toppings on pizza? Anchovies are not used in Fever Reducing potions. It?s dragon liver, and it?s used to counteract??

Harry banged down his quill with such a thud that the entire table shook.

Ron raised both his eyebrows as he glanced up from his own essay. The look of shock that crossed Hermione?s face was quickly replaced by a concerned expression. Jaina glanced briefly at Harry before returning to her long piece of parchment that only had a very short paragraph written on it. Gritting her teeth, she realized that she had absent-mindedly reverted to writing in Basic. The black letters gleamed out innocently at her and an image of her parents and C-3PO first teaching her how to read flashed across her mind. Muttering angrily to herself, she crossed out the entire paragraph so viciously that she ripped a hole in the parchment.

?See, if we could just use datapads instead of these ridiculous sheets of flimsiplast, things would be so much easier,? she growled to herself under her breath.

Ron and Hermione exchanged looks.

?What?s gotten into you two lately?? Hermione wondered, shaking her head. ?You?ve been? acting strangely.?

Jaina didn?t reply, and instead jabbed her quill into her inkpot.

?Nothing?s wrong,? she muttered. ?Absolutely nothing.? She began re-writing her first paragraph, her letters abnormally large. She could feel Hermione and Ron?s eyes on her for a moment and was quite glad when they turned their focus on Harry.

?Harry, you look tired,? Hermione began. ?I ??

?Glad someone noticed,? Harry growled in response.

There was a moment of silence where they could hear nothing except the angry scratches of Jaina?s quill.

?Listen, mate,? Ron said carefully, ?I know you haven?t been sleeping well, maybe we should go to Madam Pomfrey ??

?Look, it?s not my fault that I keep seeing my parents die every time I go to bed!? Harry snapped angrily.

Hermione gasped, looking horrified. ?Oh, Harry??

Ron?s expression, however, hadn?t changed. ?I told you that you shouldn?t go looking for that mirror,? he hissed.

Hermione?s eyebrows went up. ?Harry, you didn?t!?

Jaina stopped writing for a moment to look at her friends. She pursed her lips; she was on the verge of asking Harry to show her where the mirror was so she could look at her family and friends again?

?You found the mirror,? Hermione stated.

Harry nodded. ?Yeah? yeah, I did. I?ve been back there four times.?

Hermione looked scandalized.

5. mara_jade_rox

mara_jade_rox Jedi Master star 2

Jun 18, 2007
    First Reply!

Awesome update! So Ginny is teaching Anakin how to use Flu Powder. WIth the two of them that could get very interesting.

Thanks for the PM!

MJR@};-

6. SithGirl132

SithGirl132 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    Floo Powder + Anakin and Ginny... = trouble, I think! Can't wait to see how this goes. And no, Jaina, don't return to the GFFA quite yet...

7. Darth_Marrs

Darth_Marrs Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 24, 2006
    Another great post. Wonder what trouble Anakin's going to get into.

8. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    A strange feeling was beginning to well up within her ? she found herself desperately wanting to go home. Jaina soon found herself sinking into a depressed kind of state

Aww :( I don't blame her.

Throwing her hands in the air, she shouted the first word that came into her mind, hoping it would get her somewhere but knowing that it probably wouldn?t. ?Lightsaber!?

Much to her surprise, the gargoyle hopped out of the way, revealing the rotating staircase.

Jaina blinked. ?Seriously? Force, Dumbledore?s a weirdo??

[face_laugh] that's great. And yes he is. A total whack job. :p

There was a pile of heavy, black, leather-bound volumes on his desk, on top of which Fawkes the phoenix was perched. Jaina recognized them immediately ? they were all identical to the book she had found in the Restricted Section.

So there?s more of them! she thought

Awesome! That's cool that Dumbledore has them.

Continue your studies of the magical arts. You may learn something that could be of use to you.

That's good. And I'll bet she will.
    I really hope that Dumbledore will find them a way home.

?Harry, why do you keep Chocolate Frogs in your Quidditch robes?? Jaina asked curiously.

Harry shrugged as he looked at the Famous Wizard card. ?Chocolate helps

[face_laugh] I never thought of that! Good eye, Jaina!
    mmmm chocolate....

?I think he can read minds,? Ron said flatly, emphasizing his anger by drawing his quill across his parchment so hard that it ripped a hole in it.

Hermione shook her head. ?I don?t know, but ??

?I?ve had that sneaking suspicion, too,? Harry said sullenly. ?It would make sense??

Reading minds, Jaina thought. Is that even possible?

Hehehe, it WOULD make sense.
    If only Jaina knew ;)

Raising a hand, she did the first thing that came to mind.

?Go back to the school,? she hissed. ?And don?t bother us again.?

Malfoy frowned, looking confused. Then he burst out laughing.
    Crabbe and Goyle, however, had the complete opposite reaction from Malfoy. They both went cross-eyed and, in unison, they mumbled, ?We?re going back to the school and we won?t bother you again.? Slowly, they stood up and stumbled off towards the staircase that led down to the grounds from the stands.

I love it! Of course Crabbe and Goyle would be weak minded. As much as I'd like Malfoy to leave them alone too, I like that he was able to fight the mind trick. Leave it to a Malfoy to be anything but weak minded.

?What in the name of the Force is going on?? she exclaimed.

Anakin wiped off the smears of grey ash and grinned at her. Beside him, Ginny did the same, trying to brush ash out of her long red hair.

?Hey, Jaya,? he said impishly. ?We were bored. How?s life at Hogwarts??

Jaina stared at her brother with confusion for a moment before she dissolved into laughter.

Oh, that is too great. Seriously. Leave it to Anakin to Floo there because he's BORED. :p Ah, I love it.

9. TigerofRobare

TigerofRobare Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 11, 2006
    I thought you couldn't floo in or out of Hogwarts without permission.

I figure 1970 because we landed on the Moon in 1969. And now I can't help but imagine the adults in the 70's: Snape in a disco suit, Arthur and Molly hippies on a commune, Lucius a total square, and Minerva screeming at Woodstock.

10. Master_M_Sky

Master_M_Sky Jedi Master star 1

Aug 3, 2006
    Ah, a nice long update!

Great chapter! I would leave a longer reply, but I've got to run. :)

11. Fanficfan

Fanficfan Jedi Master star 3

Jul 12, 2005
    Loved the Jaina/Dumbledore conversation. And having "Lightsabers" as the password is so Dumbledore lol

Loving the way this is going, can't wait to see some more.

fanficfan

12. Jaina_Solo_Goddess

Jaina_Solo_Goddess Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 10, 2007
    Eh, I'll respond more indepth later; right now I need to go...but thanks for the PM and update!

(Time fast-forwards to become the afore-mentioned later) First off, I liked how Jaina's anger as a result of the mirror was shown, storming into Dumbledore's office and overhearing something important (wait, that sounds familiar...like deja vu...), and then the phoenix likes her!!! :D

I'm wondering how you'll work Jaina into the whole sorceror's stone scene...it seemed to work [conveniently] perfectly when combining the talents of Hermione, Ron, and Harry. And the mind trick on Crabbe and Goyle was awesome! I'm somewhat surprised Hermione didn't bother her with questions about what Jaina had just done, but I guess she was distracted. And I can't say that I'm surprised the mind trick didn't really work on Draco - after all, with exams coming up and everything, has she practiced her Jedi skills at all? And she's only what; 11 or 12? Give her some practice and time, and she'll have the whole student body kneeling at her feet [face_hypnotized] (not that they wouldn't be anyway, goddess that she is...:p )

And Jaina has a good point in her whole I want to go home rant; why can she see Hogwart's if she's not magical? If that means what I [hope] it means, then she might have a chance after all! :D

So Anakin and Ginny have come! I'm so glad, because I have an odd feeling (that most likely is inaccurate, most of my hunches are, but I'll share it anyway) that [drum rolls dramatically] Anakin with his mixed Force and wizadry will help solve Jaina's [and Jacen's] dilemma! Boy, that was a convoluted sentence. Keep up the wonderful work! And not that I'd ever want to rush your muse [face_shame_on_you], but could you speed up the time between posts just a little bit? O:) I promise to (depending on which you want) write the same quality reviews or shorter reviews! Anything! But this is a WONDERFUL story and as long as you don't abandon it I'll be happy!

~Jaina

13. Diamond_Revelation

Diamond_Revelation Jedi Master star 3

Feb 25, 2003
    Wow firstly thanks for such a long chapter it was great!

I love the way Jaina's powers come out when she is angry, though it proves that Malfoy is not as weak minded as we hoped. I am please Anakin and Ginny have turned up as well - I am sure that will add to the fun.

Thanks for a great chapter, I look forward to the next one.

14. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Poor Jaina :( She needs her family.

Loved the last bit!! Anakin and Ginny at Hogwarts -- oh, the trouble they'll cause . . . are they going to be sticking around, or will Mrs. Weasley come and pull them home by their ears?

Awesome post!! [:D]

15. padawanlost

padawanlost Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2006
    Mind tricking Crabbe and Goyle might be my favorite part of the story so far, though hearing Snape and Dumbledore talking about what else might be in the restricted books sure peaked my interest.

Really glad that Anakin and Ginny came for a visit. Jaina needs a good laugh. Oh, and a more supportive brother- wait, that sounds unfortunately familiar for her :(

Can't wait to see what's next.

=D=

16. _sticks

_sticks Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 8, 2005
    plz keep me on the pm list.

17. Jedi_Kassandra

Jedi_Kassandra Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 19, 2006

Totally Anakin, I loved it!

~kass

18. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Woohoo - I am up to date at last. I'm really enjoying all the mystery in this story with Dumbledore obviously knowing more than he's letting on about the hologram book, and a lot of things probably, notably why he's letting Jaina stay on. The conflict between Jaina and Jacen is good because it's adding complications.

I loved the Weasley Christmas scenes with all the joking and then the Christmas jerseys. LOL Great stuff. I'm really enjoying Anakin, of course, and can't wait to see what he and Ginny get up to. :)

I felt sad for poor Jaina seeing her family and friends in the mirror, and the division between her and Jacen is making it very hard for her.

Lovely balance between humour and drama. I'm very curious about the visitor in the holo and also about who came down in the supposed "meteor". Lots of good questions waiting to be answered. :)

19. Skywalker277

Skywalker277 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 12, 2007
    Post another soon please!! It's great to see both of my all time favorite movies together!! I hope that during the story luke, leia, han, and mara will come to earth and i especially hope that that the other meteor is theirs!!!!!!!!

20. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    I've finally caught up with this amazing story and I'm still loving it!!!

?What in the name of the Force is going on?? she exclaimed.

Anakin wiped off the smears of grey ash and grinned at her. Beside him, Ginny did the same, trying to brush ash out of her long red hair.

[face_laugh] Too funny! Love how Anakin and Ginny just decided to drop by. Thanks for the pms and great updates!! =D= =D=

21. Skywalker277

Skywalker277 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 12, 2007
    so is there any chance of another post soon, its been a while since i read the last post and im not trying to be mean or whatever but im just very sad that there isnt another post, i hope im not being mean or something :_|

22. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    Hi all!

So... I though I'd just leave a proper message saying that I'm officially taking a break. Usually I like to deny that fact whenever I end up disappearing from the boards for an extended period of time, but this time that's not going to work. Due to issues with school and auditions for university (that's what happens when you apply for music and theatre ;) ), I have to leave my WIPs unfinished until I can manage my fanfic writing hobby again. Right now, I don't have the time and I can't afford to make the time. Life kind of has to come before fan fic, right? :p Anyways, hopefully I'll be back sometime in June after school's done. I mean to finish all of my WIPs at some point.

I'll be back and that's a promise. :)

Thanks for reading and [:D] !

--Idri

23. TigerofRobare

TigerofRobare Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 11, 2006
    Just letting you know I'm still here and patiently awaiting the next updated when DRL is defeated [:D]

24. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    I just read the entire thing in one sitting.

IT'S AWESOME!!!

Please update when everything works out!

25. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    Haha, me too! :D It's excellent. Put me on the PM list for when you update, please?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.