main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Wizards' School [YJK AU; HP/SW X-over (Year 1); Jaina, Jacen, Anakin] Hiatus?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Idrelle_Miocovani, Jun 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    ~*~Brief Author Replies*

PointGiven: I just read the entire thing in one sitting.

IT'S AWESOME!!!

Aww, thank you!

Please update when everything works out!

I have a note about that now, actually. :p

DarthXan318: Aww, thanks! [:D] I'll add you to the PM list. :)

Okay, well, school's ending pretty soon. I'm done on the 20th -- that's when I write my last exam. And because of that, I've decided that I'll be able to finish that last chapter that's about 50% done and finally get this fic moving again. It's been out of commission for such a long time :( that it's about time. I was originally going to wait until I finished my other main WIP before I started working on it again, but since I still have 30 chapters to go on that one, that won't be happening for a while. Thank you all for your continued interest and bearing with me -- I'm aiming to have the next chapter done by June 30th. :D :)

[face_hugs]

2. zonzo

zonzo Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 3, 2007
    Can't wait till the 30th.

3. TigerofRobare

TigerofRobare Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 11, 2006
    Do you think we could get a preview? Just to really convince us that it's going to be updated soon?

4. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    Oh fine. :p

325 word preview, and I'm not saying where in the chapter this occurs. :p

[hl=black]?But Jaina that could be really dangerous!? Hermione exclaimed.

Jaina shrugged. ?So??

?I don?t think you should poke your nose in things that you don?t really understand, Hermione,? Jacen said.

Hermione sighed, looking disgruntled. ?Fine, have it your way.?

?Anakin, you should really get some sleep,? Jaina said. ?We?ll have to do our exploring by night since if we do it by day, people are going to notice that you?ve never been here before ? especially the teachers.?

?Do you want the Invisibility Cloak, then?? Harry asked. ?You can borrow it, if you want? And you could still explore by day.?

?And have more of a chance of bumping into people,? Jaina said. ?Thanks for the offer, Harry, but it?ll probably be best if we explore by night.?

?Tonight?? Anakin asked.

?Yeah,? Jaina replied, her eyes hardening. ?Whatever?s going on is not good. And if it has something to do with the Shadow Academy, then I think you and Ginny should leave Hogwarts as soon as possible.?

Anakin nodded. ?All right, Jaya.?

There was another long pause.

?We should probably let you sleep, Anakin,? Hermione said. ?Come on, we can fit in some more studying.?

Ron groaned and rolled his eyes. ?You know, exams are ages away, Hermione.?

?Ten weeks,? she snapped back. ?And that?s not ages, Ron. That?s like a second to Nicolas Flamel.?

?Yeah, but we?re not six hundred and years old,? Ron retorted.

?Who?s Nicolas Flamel?? Anakin asked sleepily, already drifting off.

?He made the Philosopher?s Stone,? Jaina told him. ?Now go to sleep.?

As soon as Anakin drifted off to sleep, Jaina, Jacen and their friends left the room. Jacen went back to Ravenclaw Tower to regroup with his friends while Jaina, Harry, Ron and Hermione trooped off to Gryffindor Tower to collect their books before going down to the library for a study session. Jaina contemplated falling asleep while studying ? only the Force knew how long she would be awake tonight.[/hl]

[hr]

The chapter is finished, but Nat needs to beta it. She's getting back from vacation on Tuesday, and I've asked her to beta it first out of the two things I sent her (the other is a chapter for [i]This Time Around[/i]). Once she gets it done, I'll post it. It might even be done the betaing process before the 30th. [face_batting]

5. darkladypurplepencil

darkladypurplepencil Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 16, 2006
    Yippee! An update soon!

DLPP

6. Skywalker277

Skywalker277 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 12, 2007
    Oh man, I can't wait!!!!!!! Been looking forward to this for a while. [face_dancing]

Skywalker277

7. mara_jade_rox

mara_jade_rox Jedi Master star 2

Jun 18, 2007
    Yes. Yes! YES!

Oh my goodness!!!

I've missed this.

MJR

8. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    *Idri?s Really Long Overdue Author Replies*

mara_jade_rox: Awesome update! So Ginny is teaching Anakin how to use Flu Powder. WIth the two of them that could get very interesting.

Yeah, Floo Powder + Anakin + Ginny = Trouble. An equation to watch out for in HP/SW crossovers. :p

SithGirl132: Floo Powder + Anakin and Ginny... = trouble, I think! Can't wait to see how this goes. And no, Jaina, don't return to the GFFA quite yet...

Oh, look, I typed out the same equation as you! [face_laugh] Whoops. And Jaina won?t be returning quite yet. We?ve got a loooooong way to go yet. :D

Darth_Marrs: Lots of trouble, knowing Anakin. ;)

SWpants666: that's great. And yes he is. A total whack job.

A loveable whack job, though. I love Dumbledore! [face_love]

Awesome! That's cool that Dumbledore has them.

But their contents are secret! [face_shhh]

I love it! Of course Crabbe and Goyle would be weak minded. As much as I'd like Malfoy to leave them alone too, I like that he was able to fight the mind trick. Leave it to a Malfoy to be anything but weak minded.

Yeah, Malfoy I can?t see getting mind-tricked, especially by a Jedi apprentice. ;) Crabbe and Goyle on the other hand? :p

Oh, that is too great. Seriously. Leave it to Anakin to Floo there because he's BORED.

That;s the Anakin we know and love. Plus, Ginny seems to have a bad effect on him. :p

TigerofRobare: I thought you couldn't floo in or out of Hogwarts without permission.

Sirius managed it in OotP with Umbridge watching? even though she almost caught him. And if Dumbledore is watching the fireplaces, well, maybe he let them through for reasons unknown. :p

I figure 1970 because we landed on the Moon in 1969. And now I can't help but imagine the adults in the 70's: Snape in a disco suit, Arthur and Molly hippies on a commune, Lucius a total square, and Minerva screeming at Woodstock.

[face_laugh]

Snape in a disco suit? I?d pay to see that. :p

Master_M_Sky: Thanks for reading!

Fanficfan: Gotta love Dumbledore?s crazy passwords. :p

Jaina_Solo_Goddess: I'm wondering how you'll work Jaina into the whole sorceror's stone scene...it seemed to work [conveniently] perfectly when combining the talents of Hermione, Ron, and Harry.

There might be some complications that make getting to the Stone a little more difficult than forseen? :p

And the mind trick on Crabbe and Goyle was awesome! I'm somewhat surprised Hermione didn't bother her with questions about what Jaina had just done, but I guess she was distracted.

Jus a little bit. :p

And I can't say that I'm surprised the mind trick didn't really work on Draco - after all, with exams coming up and everything, has she practiced her Jedi skills at all? And she's only what; 11 or 12? Give her some practice and time, and she'll have the whole student body kneeling at her feet. (not that they wouldn't be anyway, goddess that she is...)

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Perhaps.

I like your musings and theories. You never know, you might not be too far off the mark. ;)

I promise to (depending on which you want) write the same quality reviews or shorter reviews! Anything! But this is a WONDERFUL story and as long as you don't abandon it I'll be happy!

[:D] I love your reviews, so I hope once I get this updated again, you?ll be back to write some more! :)

Diamond_Revelation: I?d watch Ginny and Anakin. What they might think of as fun might become not-so fun in the future. [face_plain]

NYCitygurl: If only they could get into contact with their family? :( You?ll see what happens to Anakin and Ginny. They?re in a bit of a tighter spot than they thought they would be upon arriving. Hermione?s not overly impressed herself. :p

padawanlost: Mind tricking Crabbe and Goyle might be my favorite part of the story so far, though hearing Snape and Dumbledore talking about what else might be in the restricted books sure peaked my

9. Darthrevan4ever

Darthrevan4ever Jedi Master star 6

May 3, 2008
    just found this it is cool

10. TigerofRobare

TigerofRobare Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 11, 2006
    Thankyouthankyouthankyou! I got my fix for the week! Great preview! Hmmm, Shadow Academy, eh? Could get interesting, especially with the Philosopher's Stone involved. Is Terran alchemy related to Sith alchemy, perhaps? And some mostly dead Sith Lord with a reason to live in competition with Voldemort? I'll be thinking about this most of the week now.

11. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE

Topsy-Turvy

?H-how did you get here?? Ron stammered, staring at his sister.

Ginny shrugged. ?Floo powder, how else??

Hermione was frowning. ?But? but you?re not even students! I didn?t think that you could access Hogwarts from the Floo network! This goes against all school rules and regulations!?

?So?? Ginny shrugged. ?Who says what we?re allowed and not allowed to do? Where?s your sense of fun??

Hermione merely gaped in response, seemingly unable to think of an answer.

Harry seemed overcome with laughter. ?Only you two,? he said, grinning.

?I guess you could call it an Easter present,? Anakin replied.

Anakin and Ginny sat down next to Jaina on the couch and continued to try to wipe off most of the grey ash.

?Hermione,? Ron said, looking at her, ?are you okay? You look like you?re going to be sick? This is my sister, Ginny. And Anakin ? Jaina?s brother.?

Hermione smiled faintly, saying, ?Hi.? Then she dove for her book bag and fished out Hogwarts: A History. Ron looked revolted.

?What are you doing?? he exclaimed.

Hermione shot him a chilly look and flipped open the book without reply.

Ron shrugged and turned his attention to Ginny and Anakin instead. ?I swear some day you two are going to rival Fred and George,? he told them, shaking his head. ?Where did you get this crazy idea? Aren?t Mum and Dad going to notice that you?re missing??

?No,? Ginny answered simply as she combed her fingers through her hair. ?We?re not staying at home. Mum and Dad left last week for Romania. They wanted to visit Charlie and they thought that since they couldn?t manage it at Christmas, Easter would be the next best time.?

?Unfortunately, we couldn?t go with them,? Anakin added, making a face.

?So we got dropped off at the Lovegoods,? Ginny continued, her expression scrunching up so she looked almost identical to Anakin.

Jaina stifled a laugh and looked at Ron. ?Who?re the Lovegoods??

?Crazy people,? Ron told her. ?Well? not really crazy, but their ideas don?t make any sense whatsoever. Xenophilius Lovegood and his daughter, Luna, live pretty close to us. Makes sense that Mum and Dad would send you two there ??

?I?d rather we?d gone to Romania, though,? Ginny interrupted, wrinkling her nose. ?They?re too weird. Luna never shuts up about crumple-horned snorkles or something like that. And you try living in a giant cylinder for a week. It would drive you crazy, too.? She huffed indignantly.

?Cylinder?? Harry asked.

?Never mind,? Ginny replied, rolling her eyes.

?So you decided to come to Hogwarts,? Jaina said.

Anakin grinned. ?Yeah. Good idea, don?t you think? Anyways, it seemed like the best thing to do at the time. I mean, the Lovegoods aren?t mean or anything, they?re just? different. After a while, you get really, really frustrated.?

?Well, actually,? Ginny said, ?Luna?s nice enough, but Mr. Lovegood is a bit? whacko. Anyways, he left a couple days ago and didn?t say when he would be back. Luna said that he went to talk to a group of heliopaths ? was that it?? She glanced at Anakin, who merely shrugged. ?Anyways, Anakin and I were getting really tired of this and since we knew that you guys have the Easter holidays right now, we decided that we could come visit you! Luna had this stash of Floo powder?? Ginny rummaged around in her pocket and drew out a small pouch, ??so we thought, why not??

Both Anakin and Ginny looked a little too pleased with themselves.

?I think the world?s gone crazy,? Ron groaned, sinking down low into his chair and covering his face with his hands.

?Not crazy,? Anakin said. ?Topsy-turvy.? He grinned.

Jaina laughed and hugged her brother. ?I missed you,? she said.

?Missed you too, Jaya,? Anakin replied. ?You never write!?

?I know,? Jaina said, her lips twitching. ?It?s so bad of me.?

There was a pause.

?You know this really complicates things,? Hermione said quietly, surfacing from her book. The look on her face told J

12. mara_jade_rox

mara_jade_rox Jedi Master star 2

Jun 18, 2007
    First! (i think)

AMAZING!!!

I love it...I will add more later

MJR=D=

13. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Wow that was an awesome post! I'll have more later (uses this as a placeholder)

Thoughts:

I like that you're showing Jacen a bit more. He's still a little bit of an idiot of course;) but hopefully he'll come around to his sister's way of thinking.

I like the relationship between Anakin and Ginny. They're getting along really well. Also love how you introduced the Lovegoods!

And Kamith Tai with the Philosophers Stone...:eek: Hopefully it doesn't come to that.

14. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I've missed this sooooooooo much, as I've told you about a zillion times. Awesome chapter!! Love Anakin and Ginny; they crack me up :D

15. Skywalker277

Skywalker277 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 12, 2007
    oh this was great!!! I missed this story a lot. Voldemort, shadow academy people, could things get any worse? :) Post again as soon as you can!!

Skywalker277

16. zonzo

zonzo Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 3, 2007
    :_| I'm late!

Good update, though. =D=

17. Darth_Marrs

Darth_Marrs Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 24, 2006
    Nice to get a new post!

18. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Great to see this up and running again.

Jaina laughed and hugged her brother. ?I missed you,? she said.
    I miss Anakin, too. :(

Anakin and Ginny?s grins were like Tatooine?s twin suns rising.
    I loved that line.

?Maybe the room disguises itself to make sure you have what you need,? Ginny suggested. ?So if Anakin and I are staying here, it?ll look like this. If you? needed to look something up and couldn?t get to the library, maybe it would turn itself into a library.? She shrugged her shoulders and threw herself down on one of the luxurious chairs.
    Oh boy - I'd love to have a room like that.

aina frowned. ?I don?t know. I need to talk to Anakin more about it.? She sighed. ?Why is it that half the time I have a feeling the Earth is going to fall on its head or something??

?I have absolutely no idea,? Ron said.

I love your Jaina and Ron - and your Anakin, too. [face_love]

Anakin yawned and opened one eye, peering curiously at Jaina. ?Go away,? he mumbled. ?I?m sleepy.?

Jaina folded her arms. ?So you did go wandering around last night.?

Jacen, Harry, Ron and Hermione looked as though they were having great difficultly concealing smiles.

?I met a walking suit of armour,? Anakin said sleepily. ?It was wizard!?

?Wizard?? Ron inquired, confused.

?Slang term,? Jaina explained quickly. ?It basically means, ?great.?? Sighing, she sat down next to her sleepy brother. ?Anakin, what am I going to do with you??

?Let me sleep?? Anakin replied hopefully.

:D Great stuff.

?It could have just been a dream,? Hermione said.

?Or a very big coincidence,? Harry murmured.

Five faces turned inquiringly to him.

Harry shrugged. ?There?s been more than one night when I?ve dreamed my parents vanishing in a flash of green light.? He shuddered.

Jaina?s eyes narrowed. ?Wait? I?ve seen it, too. In my dreams.?

Oooh - a common theme. I wonder what that means.

?If Ginny can?t go, then I won?t,? Anakin said.

Jaina threw up her hands. Trust her brother to become very stubborn ? no doubt the Weasleys were having a very bad effect on him.

LOL No, I think that's just Anakin being Anakin.

Quirrell is acting very odd. Hmmmmm. And the clanging sound is very mysterious.

I laughed at the signs that Anakin mentioned. :D

This is very intriguing. Awesome post and I loved all the interactions between the kids. =D=

19. jaina_clan_solo

jaina_clan_solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    :D I've been really looking forward to the update on this one, I'm so glad it's finally here! :D

I absolutely loved Hermione's reaction to Anakin and Ginny just showing up at Hogwarts, and it's only natural that she would immediately turn to Hogwarts, A History in order to prove herself right.

Somewhere deep within her mind the words ?This is a very bad idea? came to her, but she suppressed them. Jaina, Jaina, Jaina, [face_shame_on_you] don't you know by now, that whenever those bad feelings hit, bad stuff inevitably follows? (I think it must have something to do with those Skywalker/Solo genes-- trouble just follows wherever they go)

When they reached the tapestry of Barnabas the Barmy, Jaina turned and grinned when she saw the door.

?That?s so weird,? Harry murmured. ?I?m sure I?ve been along this corridor before but I?ve never seen that door before.?

?Maybe it?s a magical room that only works for Jaina!? Anakin piped up.

The room no longer looked like the Academy on Yavin IV. Gone were the trees and jungle vegetation, replaced by hardwood floor, chandeliers hanging from the ceiling, and an assortment of furniture. After they closed the door, Harry drew off the Invisibility Cloak and all four of them wandered around, examining the room in wonder.

?Wow!? Anakin exclaimed. ?It has? everything!?

?Jaina, is this where you came?? Harry asked her incredulously.

?Well, sort of,? she replied. There was a very large lump in her throat that she was having difficulty getting rid of. ?It looked really different then. It looked like home whenever I came here.?

?Maybe the room disguises itself to make sure you have what you need,? Ginny suggested. ?So if Anakin and I are staying here, it?ll look like this. If you? needed to look something up and couldn?t get to the library, maybe it would turn itself into a library.? She shrugged her shoulders and threw herself down on one of the luxurious chairs.

Jaina thought about it. ?I guess that makes sense??
    I think that finding the room of requirement when the D.A. needs it just got a whole lot easier

Tamith Kai? in her little brother?s dreams? and the Philosopher?s Stone? What was this leading to? [face_worried] ... and here is where things start to go bad. Anakin's now having similar (or maybe even more detailed) dreams to the ones that Jaina has been having.

I wonder what Ron, Harry and Hermione are going to think when (or if) they find out just how many times Jaina, Jacen, and Anakin have been capture by dark lords... it's going to be an interesting conversation I bet.

?I would blame Anakin completely for the idea,? that sounds about right [face_laugh]

And trust Anakin and Ginny to not do what they're told, and decide to go wandering around Hogwarts alone at night-- the two of them are hilarious together.

Jacen shook his head. ?I don?t think so? I don?t think it could be another one of Brakiss? cronies either. It?s someone else. I can feel them, too. All over the school? it?s been building up ever since we came back from Christmas.? This seems to be promising, in terms of Jaina and Jacen learning to use both magic and the Force. If Jacen is sensing the darkness in spite of having chosen magic, Jaina may soon be able to learn how to incorporate at least some magic.

?Um? Professor Quirrel?? she said meekly. ?We?re really sorry about being out of bounds tonight ? it was an accident. We?ll get back to our dorms as soon as we can??

Quirrel didn?t even seem to be listening. ?A-accident?? he murmured, gazing off at the door to the forbidden third corridor. There was an empty look in his eyes. ?Yes? a-accid-dent. I-t was an a-accident.? He shuddered and began to move off down the corridor, muttering to himself. ?S-she? s-she didn?t m-mean it. I-it w-was an a-accident??
    ... because that's not suspicious or anything. I think they just found who's after the Stone [face_whistling] I like the fact that all of them found something rather disturbing about th

20. Jaina_Solo_Goddess

Jaina_Solo_Goddess Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 10, 2007
    Love Hermione's immediate worry and referencing to Hogwarts, a History.

?This is exciting!? Ginny exclaimed.

?You find most things in life exciting,? Ron pointed out. ?See you tomorrow.?

Nice. And then she does, silly girl, rushing to and fro and all around gaping in awe at sleeping pictures and suits of armor. And everyone's having dream-visions; that's never a good sign.

Maybe they'll be slightly more suspicious of Quirrel now that he's been acting so weirdly, but I'm not betting on it. And silly Hermione, telling Jaina that something was too dangerous. That means, naturally, that Jaina (or anyone with Sky/Solo blood, for that matter) will immediately investigate.

I, too, wonder if The Solo's will ever tell their friends about the multiple times they've been kidnapped. How many is it? Like 5x or so? And that's not including attempts that failed.

Jaina folded her arms. ?So you did go wandering around last night.?

Jacen, Harry, Ron and Hermione looked as though they were having great difficultly concealing smiles.

Ah, yes. Jaina, the ultimate in responsibility and obedience in the face of curiosity, lectures her erring brother. Although I suppose she does have big sister rights. :p

Anyway, I really enjoyed that post and am glad this story is back up!

~Jaina

21. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    Yay, this is up again! I love the Solo kids. :D

22. Diamond_Revelation

Diamond_Revelation Jedi Master star 3

Feb 25, 2003
    Yey an update!!!

Its good to see them all working together to figure things out.

Looking forward to seeing even more of this story!

23. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    ?So?? Ginny shrugged. ?Who says what we?re allowed and not allowed to do? Where?s your sense of fun??

*giggles* Perfect response to something Hermione says

Ginny rolled her eyes. ?Ani, not this again.?

:D Cute

?Does she always start her conversations like this?? Michael Corner grumbled.

[face_laugh] Often enough :p

?Well?? Ron looked thoughtful. ?How bad can things get? I mean, Hogwarts is pretty safe, especially with Dumbledore around. Why don?t we look for this bad person? I mean, how bad can things get??

And that?s why they always get in trouble :p
    But yes, just what the twins & Anakin need- to go looking for trouble (crazy Solo blood ;))

?But Jaina that could be really dangerous!? Hermione exclaimed.

It?s what their family excels in *nods*

Jaina threw up her hands. Trust her brother to become very stubborn ? no doubt the Weasleys were having a very bad effect on him.

Oh sure, blame it on the Weasleys. Because there?s nothing in your blood that says your family isn?t stubborn. [face_laugh] Oh Jaina?.

It?s definitely interesting with Jedi on the wizards? side :D

24. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    ?I?d rather we?d gone to Romania, though,? Ginny interrupted, wrinkling her nose. ?They?re too weird. Luna never shuts up about crumple-horned snorkles or something like that. And you try living in a giant cylinder for a week. It would drive you crazy, too.? She huffed indignantly.

Oh poor Anakin and Ginny, having to endure the Lovegoods. [face_laugh]

?And I think I saw Tamith Kai,? Anakin added quietly.

?You WHAT?!? Jaina cried. Tamith Kai? in her little brother?s dreams? and the Philosopher?s Stone? What was this leading to?

That's not good, I'm getting very concerned. [face_worried]

?I met a walking suit of armour,? Anakin said sleepily. ?It was wizard!?

?Wizard?? Ron inquired, confused.

[face_laugh] Too funny!

Great update as always! =D= =D=

25. Jedi_Perigrine

Jedi_Perigrine Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2008
    Just finished page 5 but I wanted to let you know you're doing a tremendous job on this! I can't even begin to guess which direction it's going to go, and that's awesome!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.