main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

'The Woman in Black' - Theatre Meet

Discussion in 'Archive: London UK' started by Lord-Tice, Apr 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    Time for a bit of culture :p
    London is possibly the best City in the World for musicals and theatre, so I think it's time we took advantage of this.

The Woman in Black has been recommended to me.
    Here's the website for more details: The Woman in Black

Cost will be around £20 (depending on where we sit and where we buy from) and weekday shows start at 8pm, or 4pm on a Saturday. So, who would be up for it??

2. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    My sister saw this and said it was great, but very scary
    So it'll be wimpy then :p

Still, could be entertaining

3. Kiz-Joa_Janall

Kiz-Joa_Janall Jedi Youngling star 2

May 14, 2005
    I've heard it's supposed to be pretty good too so I think I'd be up for it. [face_peace]

4. TemplarJedi

TemplarJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 12, 2000
    I'm sure I could make it too, it would be nice to put some faces to names :)

5. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    It's meant to be very scary and based on the website, I think it will do that job very well [face_worried]

Would people prefer a weekday evening show or the Saturday show at 4pm?? It may depend on what the majority can manage, and tickets will be purchased in advance so once we've decide on a date and time, you have to be 100% committed ;)
    ....scardy cats need not apply :p

6. TemplarJedi

TemplarJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 12, 2000
    It's one of my mates favourite shows - although I've never seen it myself. I'll go with the majority due to my odd shift patterns!!!

7. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Excellent, we'll try to get a date fixed for you then Templar. I hope it will be sometime in the coming month, although not for at least another two weeks.

8. Ellbobin

Ellbobin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2004
    I'm in, I'm ment to be seeing plays for Drama so I get the money from my mum :D

Is this one in tot courtroad? (theres alot of plays there)

9. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    We've found a good deal which will set everyone back £18.50 for tickets, which is very good :D

However, to ensure that we all sit together and that no one misses out, it would be best for one person to buy all the tickets. Consequently I will have to ask for the money before purchasing, so you have to be 100% committed and we wont be able to refund the money once the ticket(s) has been purchased (unless we can find someone to sell it on to). I hope everyone is happy with this arrangment, if not then you are free to buy your own ticket once we've decided on a date and time :)

Next week I will throw some dates your way to ponder.

10. darth-dom

darth-dom Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2000
    Hiya!

I'm definately up for this, should be good! The only Saturday I can't do is May 6th, but I should be fine for anything after then.

11. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Due to the theatre being very small, we think we'll have more luck getting tickets during a weekday showing. I realise that this may not suit everyone so I'm really sorry about that, but in the long run this is the best solution.

Also, Starfish (Pete) will be visiting our good town from June 1st onwards and so I thought it would be good to see this play while he's here so that he can experience it too. Pete arrives on June 1st so we could see this play on either Friday 2nd June, Monday 5th June, or Tuesday 6th June.

Is there a date that suits everyone??

12. Ellbobin

Jan 30, 2004
    Friday is probably best, no school/work the next day.

13. Darth_Konikus

Darth_Konikus Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2005
    Friday and probably Monday for me. Im working after that.

14. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Friday June 2nd will be the date we will aim to see the play. The showing begins at 8:00pm and runs for 2hrs.

Because time is short, I need to know who is 100% attending and will promptly need the £18.50 for the ticket (either by Paypal or personal cheque).
    So far we can confirm that the following will be going:

Me
    Natalie (non-member)
    Matt (Darth_Konikus)
    Koren (Kiz-Joa_Janall)
    Sally (non-member)
    Ant (darth-dom)
    Pete (Starfish, our visitor from the States :D )

So far these members have stated interest:
    Ell (Ellbobin)
    Ray (TemplarJedi)
    Richie (SithLordRichie)

So, those who want to come need to confirm to me by Wednesday 17th May and I will need to receive payment by Friday 19th May.
    For more details or info, feel free to PM me :)

Thanks, hope to see you there :)

15. Twinky_Stryder

Twinky_Stryder Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2003
    I must say that I'm interested and will let you know later if I can come.

16. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Sure thing Twinky, just let us now when you get the green light :)

The ticket website says that due to the book being used in the school syllabus, big groups of school children are booking so this could cause us problems getting tickets. I tried seeing if they had seats available for Friday June 2nd @ 8:00pm but the date selection java script wasn't working for me. If anyone can give it a try and report back, I'd be very grateful.
    Here's the ticket site: www.key2theatre.co.uk
    Select The Woman in Black from the topright pop-up menu and then select the number of tickets (say around 8 for now), evening showing on June 2nd.

Cheers :D

17. Ellbobin

Jan 30, 2004
    I couldnt get that site to work but there are some on aloud.com

18. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Thanks Ell, I had a look at aloud.com and they have tickets available for £12.50, but they are right at the back of the upper circle pretty much. If everyone is happy with that then I may get them from there, but will keep trying key2theatre because I think they will be better seats. I still can't get it to work either though :(

If people can confirm if they can make it 100% then the sooner the better. I'd feel much happier getting these tickets ASAP ;)

19. Kassy

Kassy Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 20, 2005
    Sounds good, I'll see what I can do to make it, remember that I live 100 miles away though, lol

20. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    The deadline will be around 10:30pm tomorrow. And if you can pay via paypal I'll get the tickets booked on Thursday. If you miss the deadline and still want to go, feel free to book your own tickets although I doubt we'll be sitting next to each other but better then nothing and we'll meet up a couple of hours before hand for a bite to eat and all that :D

21. Twinky_Stryder

Twinky_Stryder Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2003
    Turns out I can't come.

Sorry guys :(

22. Kassy

Kassy Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 20, 2005
    I'll be there, will be good to see a few familiar faces

23. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Sorry to hear that Twinky, but huge thanks for letting us now :)

Steve, thanks for the phone call lastnight and glad to have you onboard.

24. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I think I should be able to make this

Although I'm not familiar with PayPal

25. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Needs to be 100% commitment Richie ;)
    If you defo want to go then send a cheque (PM me for details) but it needs to arrive to me by Friday so needs to get sent now or tomorrow.

Ideally I'd like to book the tickets tomorrow because I'm not going to be round much on Friday although I may be able to arrange something, but the sooner the better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.