main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wash, DC The Women's Pro-Choice March

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by kenobi420, Apr 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kenobi420

kenobi420 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 12, 2002
    Did anyone else go to this today (Sun. the 25th)? It was so awesome!!! :D I don't think I've ever in my life seen that many people in one place; there were hundreds of thousands!! (Literally!) :D

I got to do some volunteer crowd-control work, and I saw Ani DiFranco perform! (I heard Ben Harper was supposed to perform, also, but I guess I missed him... :( )

But the best part was, I SAW EWAN MCGREGOR!!!! Yes, I got within 100 meters of Master Kenobi himself while he was speaking to a crowd, and it was wicked cool! :D The whole day itself was a blast, and well worth my time...

2. strangebehaviour

strangebehaviour Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2002
    omg that is so awesome, Zak! I was going to go with my mom but she decided it would be too crazy. now she wishes we went! I wish we had too! we all need to support Women's rights!

3. BobaBen

BobaBen Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    very cool i am all for pro choice

4. Darth_Stalker

Darth_Stalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 14, 2002
    Yay [face_plain] Not all of us are so take it elsewhere [face_plain]

5. strangebehaviour

Aug 11, 2002
    I still can't believe Ewan was there!! next time I will trust my instincts and not drag my feet about things! :p

6. ben_ethus

ben_ethus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

Ahh... I guess this might explain the plane I saw that was flying around carrying a sign saying something about 10 week abortions, or some such thing while driving home from work today.

Really did see that today,
    Yours Truly

7. strangebehaviour

Aug 11, 2002
    oh by the way, this March wasn't just a Pro-Choice March. It's about women's rights.

8. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    If we can talk about drinking in these forums, we can talk about this. I couldn't believe the Post photo this morning! How exciting!

Isn't Ewan supposed to be in Siberia right now or something? Guess he took a break to come over... [face_love]

And it is about so much more than abortion... access to birth control and adequate pre-natal care, among other things.

I won't get started. But I went to one of the colleges which was a cradle of the feminist movement, so I could rant on all day. :D

9. strangebehaviour

Aug 11, 2002
    I could rant on with you. but I won't. ;)

10. kenobi420

Apr 12, 2002
    Yeah, it was a large-scale rally to promote all facets of female equality, within and outside of our society. Abortion rights just happened to be the primary issue focused upon.

One of the best signs I saw read:

77% of Pro-Life leaders are men.
    100% of them will never be pregnant.

Damn right! :D

ps~~ Since this is a charged political topic, I want to apologize if my enthusiasm offends people whom I'd like to call my friends. Please feel free to avoid this thread... :)

11. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Actually, I thought it was pretty cool reading about the men who turned out with the march to support it, wearing pink shirts, etc. Feminism was never about women demonstrating dominance or superiority to men, but just about being recognized as equal partners. I think a lot of folks don't understand that, and it scares them.

I mean, I don't think I'd be happier living in a matriarchy, and I'd certainly be bummed if 1/2 the world's population vanished.

Right. I'll shut up now. :)

12. ben_ethus

ben_ethus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

As posted by kenobi420...
    "77% of Pro-Life leaders are men.
    100% of them will never be pregnant.

Damn right!"

I see you forget this. That may throw off your calculations a bit.

Throws that monkeywrench,
    Yours Truly

13. kenobi420

Apr 12, 2002
    *****!!!

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

lol

That's cool... Okay then, 99.9%. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.