The word "pig" in our name is not a good idea

Discussion in 'Greater Cincinnati Tristate Region' started by jedimike421, Apr 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedimike421 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    I honestly feel that we should not use the word pig in our title. I think it's just ridiculous and just not a good proposal, actually its kind of embarrassing. I know that Cincinnati has the legend of the pig but it's so low key that I had honestly forgot about it until I was at the 2nd meeting and a lot of people dont really recognize us for being a former pig capitol.

I really don't think that anyone would even care much less find the association witty and genuine. Let the fact that the cool as hell Gammorean rebel pilot with feather wings be the only reference to Cincinnati's pig heritage. I am sure that the people who actually associate pig and Cincy would find it humerous.
  2. ImperialRecruiter Jedi Master

star 4
    I've been thinking about this whole wings thing. I don't really like the idea of changing the wings to feathers.

First off, I think that changing the wings would take away from the Barney Bad A [face_shocked] [face_shocked] look of his.

Secondly, it'd detract from the artists rendition of the idea. Let's not insult the artist. He takes pride in what he does.

Third, it's a matter of logistics. How could a creature with leathery, tough skin possibly have feathery fluffy wings? It would be paradoxical.

And what's wrong with using the word "pig" in the name of the group? Chicago has cows; Buffalo has bison. And other cities have their own things. What's so bad about Cincinnati taking pride in the pig? I don't think of it as derogatory, and I've lived here my whole life.

3. Darth Ludicrous Manager Emeritus

star 5
    change the wings to X-win foils so it looks like the big pig gig pigs at CVG.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.