Amph The Works and Worlds of Laurell K. Hamilton

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by Cobranaconda, Jan 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
  2. Cobranaconda Force Ghost

star 7
    Have you read Obsidian Butterfly yet, Nat? :p
  3. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
  4. Cobranaconda Force Ghost

star 7
    Basically, Edward calls in the favour he wanted from Anita after she killed Harley, and she goes out to Alberquerque (or however it's spelled) to help Edward kill some monsters that skin their victims. When she gets there, she finds out that Ted Forrester (Edward's pseudonym) is engaged to a widow named Donna, and she has two kids, Peter and Becca (14 and 8 years old, I think). Lots of stuff happens in the book, such as a really old vampire who thinks that she's an Aztec Goddess, and another one who's actually behind it. Also a load of stuff about grave robbers and stuff, who hire a load of Edward's old cronies to protect him, who then kidnap the kids and start torturing them (Becca's finger is cut off, and Peter is raped). Anita and Edward storm the place and get the kids out, and they give Peter a gun, and he shoots the woman who raped him. A lot. Then in typical fashion, Anita is kidnapped by the monster, and is rescued by one of Edward's backups (Olaf) who is a serial rapist and murderer, who happens to like petite dark haired women :p

Basically, anyway :p
  5. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    Ah. Wow.

Though the part with the kids is sad, and kinda sick. Poor kids :(
  6. Cobranaconda Force Ghost

star 7
    Just read the first chapter of Lick of Frost. Looks like we may get some politics in this book. No mystery, but hopefully the intercourt politics will keep them out of bed for at least 200 pages...

I hope... :p
  7. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    I bet you a million bucks plus all the change in my wallet that they can't go 200 pages without sex (and whining) :p
  8. Cobranaconda Force Ghost

star 7
    Considering the current exchange rate, $1000000 isn't that much... :p
  9. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    That's at LEAST half a million and some pennies :p
  10. Cobranaconda Force Ghost

star 7
    Meh, still pathetic :p

But yeah, I couldn't bet against it anyway, because it won't happen :p
Thread Status: