main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Amph The works of Karen Miller, Kingmaker, Kingbreaker and Godspeaker Trilogy (spoilers!)

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by Katana_Geldar, Sep 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Yeah, exchange rates not lining up evenly is the reason to curse the economy :p

And true. At that price, I'd stop buying (actually, I have pretty much stopped buying - library time).

2. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Unlocking.

3. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    Yay! :p

So, I just got and read Miller's two newest books, a continuation of the Kingmaker, Kingbreaker duology called Fisherman's Children (Prodigal Mage and Reluctant Mage). I was actually pleasantly surprised. I don't care too much for the Kingbreaker books, but these Fisherman's Children ones were quite good, especially the second. However, just as with Kingmaker, the climax was bloody annoying. I wish Miller didn't cram up so much with journey and then do a "final battle" that lasts 2 pages. Also the randomness of it, [hl=black]just using all the Doranen magic left in Elvado to destroy Morg. Why didn't Barl do that in the bloody first place, when she had enough fully-trained and powerful Doranen to populate a country to use as ciphers, whereas Deenie had scattered fragments of 600 year old power?[/hl] But oh well. That's my only criticism in what was a less boring read than Kingmaker, and a hell of a lot less religious than Godspeaker :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.