main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The world has drowned (Short Luke. Warning: Character death)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Liz Skywalker, Feb 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Liz Skywalker

Liz Skywalker Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 13, 2000
    The world has drowned. I don?t mean literally, of course. I suppose it would be better to say that *my* world has drowned. They, poets I mean, talk about rivers of tears flowing into the seas. They have no idea what they?re talking about. Tears can?t form rivers. If they could, I would be washed out to sea. Isn?t that an interesting metaphor from a boy who grew up knowing almost nothing of rain?

And you wonder, why is the great Jedi Master crying? What cause has he for tears? Well, why shouldn?t I cry? If you knew my story, you?d cry, too.

It started last week. I said the wrong thing at the absolutely worst time. She ran out. Left. Was gone. Forever. She didn?t look where she was going. I killed the mugger who killed her. No one said anything. They were scared I?d kill them also.

When I close my eyes, I can still see her face, can still hear her laugh. Her voice was like flower petals, soft and smooth. Her eyes were alive and comforting. I miss her like I miss the dry world. My world is drowned, my world is dead. Like my love.

Tears...what are they, really? An outpouring of grief, our souls cleansing themselves? Would they bring her back, could they? Of course not. Useless things, tears. Useless. Like me. I couldn?t save her. She left me.

She left me. She hated me. Right until the second she died, she hated me. She died hating me. Somewhere, the memory of her hates me.

What am I to do? Leia says move on, find somebody else. Han says to go for a long flight. Kyp offered himself as a sparring partner. I hit the bars. Two Correllian ales and a Coruscant Killer later, I could almost forget her. It didn?t last. Damn the Force for not allowing me to get hangovers. I need the punishment. I made her hate me.

I can?t go home. Everything reminds me of her. I sleep in alleyways, hoping someone will kill me for the moneybag I keep around my neck for that purpose. No one has, of yet. I?ve taken to stealing clothing and wrapping them around my head so no one can tell that it?s me. I?m too well-known. I never thought that it would be a curse in that way.

Oh, Mara, what did I do to you, to us? I?m sorry, I really didn?t mean it. It?s all my fault. I?m so sorry. I?m so sorry. Please, Mara, come back to me.

I?ve been saying that for a week. I haven?t gotten an answer yet. I?ll try for another week. I don?t know what I?ll do then.

Mara, I love you. Please believe me. Mara, love, come back to me. I love you. And I miss you.

2. Princess_Tranquility

Princess_Tranquility Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 19, 2002
    Wow! That was really depressing! Stealing clothing? Getting drunk? That sounds about right. That is most defiinitly what Luke would probably do if he lost her. It was good though! Very well written!

3. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    :( Poor Lukie, just what DID he say to Mara? Well written Liz, but sad. What about Benny Boy?

4. Tarado

Tarado Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2001

Poor Luke! This is very well written.

Will there be more?
    Please?

5. Obi-Zahn Kenobi

Obi-Zahn Kenobi Force Ghost star 7

Aug 23, 1999
    Very riveting. I like it. It's a nice emotional story.

6. Liz Skywalker

Liz Skywalker Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 13, 2000
    :( Poor Lukie, just what DID he say to Mara? Well written Liz, but sad. What about Benny Boy?

give me a break, I'm still on Conquest! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.