Canada The World Junior Hockey Championships

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Gandalf the Grey, Dec 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gandalf the Grey Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    It?s in Halifax this year, on Canadian soil. There shouldn?t be any question about who to cheer for. ;) Let?s all hope we bring back our first gold in years.

So far, Canada has won 8-2 over Sweden, 4-0 over Czechoslovakia, and 4-1 over Germany. Next up is Finland. If we lose, we still go on to the next round, but the winner of the game is better positioned going into the next round.

Right now, I?m betting on a Canada and Russia final. It could be one of the most entertaining hockey games in a long while.
  2. Gandalf the Grey Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    5-3 over Finland at the moment on a fantastic short-handed goal by Gregory Campbell!

And no one else seems to care about the game or series. :(
  3. JawaGirl Jedi Knight

star 3
  4. Gandalf the Grey Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Canada and Russia on top of their pools. Both have scored 21 goals over 4 games, and Russia has let in 7 goals while Canada has let in 6. Supposedly, Canada is in the tougher pool, but the similarities are striking.

Fleury saved the teams collective posteriors last night, but I think that overall this Canadian World Junior team is the best World Junior team that?s ever skated together. It just oozes talent.

But then, the Russians have Alexander Ovechkin (who scored ANOTHER hat trick yesterday), and a lot of other good players. I?m still betting on a Canada and Russia final, and I think that it?s going to be a pretty sweet game indeed.

5. SuperVader Jedi Master

star 4
    You were right and it will be a sweet game indeed and on my birthday perfect I don't think the Russians will come out on top tonight especially with Roy and Campbel on the team. Go Canada!!
  6. Admiral_Thrawn60 Jedi Youngling

star 6
    First intermission, 1-1.

Go Canada!
  7. Admiral_Thrawn60 Jedi Youngling

star 6
    Well, silver's still good... :(
  8. SuperVader Jedi Master

star 4
  9. E_Greyshadow Jedi Knight

star 2
    If anyone beat us, I'm glad it's the Russians. They played a hell of a game today.
  10. SuperVader Jedi Master

star 4
    You know one thing tecked me off that game and it wasn't the fact that the Russians won. They sort of deserved it. They were good but when that one player dived and then came right back out grr would have like to see Tootoo knock him down anyone else see that.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.