main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive The Worlds Converge (Dungeons & Dragons Crossover)

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Zedd-Vega, Aug 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zedd-Vega

Zedd-Vega Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 2003
    The Worlds Converge (Dungeons & Dragons Crossover)

The lands of Faerun, Ansalon, and Khorvaire have found themselves in the midst of The Blood War: a war for control of the Lower Planes. Bit by precious bit, the devils of Baator and the demons of the Infinite Abyss pour into each precious world, corrupting and devastating the general populous. Hope seems to be a goal set by many and achieved by few?

Until now?

The Demon Lords and the Archdevils had counted on resistance as their war expanded from the River Styx and Hades to the Material Plane, but none so much as just recently.

The Planar Cartographers have discovered that out of the three realms, they are all connected by this war, and that if they truly hope to achieve peace, they must prevent the further spread of demons and devils by any means necessary; including traveling through to other worlds and closing the portals in which these foul creatures pour forth.

Local churches and druidic sects of Faerun, Ansalon, and Khorvaire have established something of a link between the worlds, hoping that the combined divine power granted by their deities and nature will be enough to combat the forces of the Lower Planes. Wizards and sorcerers use their infinite arcane knowledge to create planar gates needed to travel between worlds and even into the Nether Planes.

Heroes are needed? are you up to the challenge?

[b]Game Rules[/b]
    Apart from those set by the Moderators (no flaming, spamming, god-moding, etc), there is only one rule: [b][i][u]the DM is law[/u][/i][/b]. The final say in any dispute of any kind is up to the DM. If you don?t like the decision, take it up in PM.

[b]Realm Rules[/b]
    While each continent is unique in its entirety, several differences and similarities exist between them:

[b]Khorvaire[/b]?s deities do not require that their worshipers be of the exact alignment or at least one step of their alignment to be granted divine powers. As such, a Chaotic Evil character could be devoted to a Lawful Good deity or vice versa.

Changelings, Kalashtar, Shifters, and Warforged are unique to Khorvaire and Khorvaire only. They are not found in Ansalon or Faerun.

All of the common races of Khorvaire may also possess a dragonmark which grants them a minor magical ability. A dragonmark may be given by request.

[b]Ansalon[/b] has many unique races of its own. Gully Dwarves, Kender, and Draconians are found only in Ansalon.

[b]Faerun[/b] is more than likely the realm in which all characters are found. Genasi (elemental outsiders) are unique to Faerun.

[hr]

[b]Characters[/b]
    Characters are quite as unique as the realms in which they live. They come from all walks of life, and take on numerous professions in their world. However, to simplify things for the game itself, classes will be limited as to accommodate the game worlds described. If you are unfamiliar with a particular race/class/alignment, PM the DM for information on that topic.

[i]Races[/i]: Human, Dwarf, Elf, Gnome, Half-Elf, Half-Orc, Halfling (All realms), Changeling, Kalashtar, Shifter, Warforged (Khorvaire only), Gully Dwarf, Kender, Draconian (Ansalon only)

[i]Classes[/i]: Barbarian, Bard, Cleric, Druid, Fighter, Monk, Paladin, Ranger, Rogue, Sorcerer, Wizard (All realms), Artificer (Khorvaire only)

Psion, Psychic Warrior, Soulknife, Wilder (Psionic class, available upon request)

Clerics will be assigned a deity if the player is unfamiliar with the deities of the world in which their character resides. Otherwise, any character may worship any deity from their realm. Seeing as how there are many deities in each realm (especially Faerun) more than likely the deities will be assigned to players if they are unfamiliar with the world.

[i]Alignment[/i]: Lawful Good, Neutral Good, Chaotic Good, Lawful Neutral, Neutral, Chaotic Neutral, Lawful Evil, Neutral Evil, Chaotic Evil

[hr]

[hl=black][color=red]PM ALL CHARACTER SHEETS FOR APPROVAL[/color][/hl]
    [b]Character Sheet[

2. Pheonix_Rising

Pheonix_Rising Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 17, 2005
    GM Approved

"Let fall the hammer of Justice!"

Character Sheet
    Name: Damodred Bronzeskin
    Physical Description;
    -HEight: 6'0"
    -Weight: 315 lbs.
    -Hair color: None
    -Eye Color: Green
    -Skin Color: Bronze colored Scales
    -Build: Extremely Muscular
    Race: Half-Dragon(Bronze Dragon) Wood Elf
    Class: Paladin
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Weapon: Full Blade
    Armor: Mythril Full-Plate
    Realm: Faerun

3. lieutenant_ketch

lieutenant_ketch Jedi Padawan star 4

May 17, 2006
    name: Reshon Dagai
    description: 3 feet 2 inches tall. 38 Ilbs.hair color is dark brown and is short. skin is a light brown color. male
    race: Halfling
    class: Rouge
    alignment: neutral, good
    weapons: dual khukri's with an extra knife in his boot.
    armor: Wears leather armor that has been dyed black. family heirloom.
    realm: Khorvaire

I also have a dragonmark.

edit My house is Khorvaire

4. Zedd-Vega

Dec 13, 2003
    Your realm is Khorvaire. You have yet to choose your dragonmarked house.

5. lieutenant_ketch

May 17, 2006
    Jorasco. That will be my house

6. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    GM Approved

Name: Valis Hasdul
    Physical Description: Male, flowing, shades of blue robes and an ivory staff
    Race: Human
    Class: Wizard
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Weapon: Shortsword and Ivory Staff
    Armor: None
    Realm: Faerun

7. ZEAL92

ZEAL92 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 23, 2006
    Character Sheet
    Name: Reven
    Physical Description:

Reven is one of the earlier models of Warforged, is around 6 foot 9 inches. He was one of the first models to have the Mithril plating installed, and he keeps it nice and shiny out of pride. His body wears scars of war, and his eyes (which are emeralds) tell of untold horrors and truth. His body is mostly covered in Mithril plating, but at the joints of this humanoid body u can see wood and other metals. Most notably iron. His fingers (all three of them) are sharpened into mean looking claws, with strange designs on them.

Race: WarForged
    Class: Barbarian
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Weapon: Battle Ax
    Armor: Mithril Plating

8. lieutenant_ketch

May 17, 2006
    I hope we get lots of players

9. LightWarden

LightWarden Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 11, 2001
    What's the approximate level here? It could be a big factor in determining the difference between "OMG BALOR!" and "Pfftt... Balor."

10. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    I was wondering about the levels as well. :)

GM APPROVED CHARACTER SHEET
    Name: Durin Sheildbreaker
    Race: Sheild Dwarf
    Physical Description: Broad shouldered and muscular, deep tanned skin and a long beard that is worn in braids
    height: 4'6
    weight: 215
    hair color: Brownish Red
    eyes: Brown
    Class: Hammer of Moradin (Cleric, worshiper of Moradin)
    Alignment: LG
    Weapon: Warhammer/Dwarven Waraxe
    Armor: Breastplate, Helmet, Heavy Steel Shield w/ spikes
    Realm: Faerun (from Citadel Adbar)

11. Zedd-Vega

Dec 13, 2003
    LightWarden, if we're dealing with demon lords and archdevils, I think Balors would be the least of everyones troubles. But to be polite enough, everyone is considered roughly 10th level.

12. LightWarden

Oct 11, 2001
    Hmm... 10th level, yet possibly dealing with high-tier fiends... This looks like a job for Pun-Pun, Kobold extraordinaire!

And no D&D thread can exist without mention of The Order of the Stick. Universal law.

Anyways, any limits on PrCs or some of the alternate Core Classes introduced? And are you going to do anything about things like magic items and whatnot?

13. ZEAL92

Jan 23, 2006
    level 10 aww man i never even got past level 4...you guys suck :(

14. LightWarden

Oct 11, 2001
    Actually, the first three or so levels suck, as they're a unique combination of boredom and humiliation, as you alternatively fight and run from such terrifying opponents as house cats, goblins on crutches and potted plants.

15. Zedd-Vega

Dec 13, 2003
    LightWarden, there are really no limits aside from the ones set above. I am willing to allow other races (like half-dragons) or psionic classes or any class mentioned in another sourcebook, but only if the player is absolutely familiar with such a character.

I mean, a Kender as a drunken master would be funny, but only if the player grasps the complications of the prestige class. You have to consume and essentially intoxicate yourself purposefully to gain any benefits of the class.

As for magic items, I figured as long as they are basically non-artifact items (and usually a player is responsible enough to have only one like a weapon or suit of armor) they're fine by me.

I had played in a few games where my character at 10th level had a literal trove of magic items and was only a human barbarian. Half of the NPC's that I will introduce in this game will be former characters of mine and some taken from my closest friends.

16. EmoJawa

EmoJawa Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2006
    GM approved

Character Sheet
    Name: Azorinth Baenre
    Physical Description: (height, weight, hair color, etc) 5'5" 140lbs, white mid-back length
    Race: Drow
    Class: rogue
    Alignment: chaotic evil
    Weapon: 1 longsword enchanted keen and poisoned, also he has a Mithril dagger
    Armor: all black leather
    Realm:Faerun

17. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    Highest level Ive every obtained with a character is 5th level. Hopefully soon to be 6th level if I survive the next game session. :D My DM was evil. He gave us just enough XP to just be under the next level. Im only 41 points away :(

18. lieutenant_ketch

May 17, 2006
    that is evil. We need a mage or sorcerer or something like that

19. LightWarden

Oct 11, 2001
    Well, Mitth has a wizard. Problem being that Seal Portal is a 6th level spell in the Planar Handbook. Oh well, maybe you'll have a scroll or level up somewhere in between the beginning and the time when you need it.

20. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    I'll have to level one or two more times before I can get that spell. I only have access to level 5 spells atm.

21. lieutenant_ketch

May 17, 2006
    I'll try to recruit some people for this.

22. EmoJawa

EmoJawa Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2006
    Im sorry but what level are we starting at so i can figure out my darn sneak attack rolls?

23. lieutenant_ketch

May 17, 2006
  24. Zedd-Vega

Dec 13, 2003
    Everyone is level 10 at the moment. Later in the game, prestige classes (since most of you are familiar with them) will be available.

I am playing a character as well (not just an NPC) but a Kender Bard (a character of mine that never came to fruition :(). I was hoping to get a few Ansalon players before we started, but I can start sometime this week, giving about a few more days registration.

25. ZEAL92

Jan 23, 2006
    i could roll a sorcerer if you want to...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.