main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Worst Games Ever Made

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Sn4tcH, Jun 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. plo_koom

plo_koom Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 26, 2002
    Robotech: Invasion.

2. The_Last_Gunslinger

The_Last_Gunslinger Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 17, 2002
    Big Mutha Truckers for the PS2.

This is the worst game ever made. Thank God I got free rentals at the time I rented this otherwise....**shudders thinking about paying for it**

There is absolutly no redeeming quality about this game.

3. -Phoenix-

-Phoenix- Jedi Master star 5

Oct 21, 2005
    "Your Winner!"

4. Uncle_Owen_Kenobi

Uncle_Owen_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 7, 2001
    "Drakkhen" for the super NES. What a horrible game, half the time I didn't even know what I was doing. The controls were complete rubbish. I can't believe I traded in "The Lord Of The Rings" for that crap game. I'm usualy pretty good at avoiding stinkers, I felt so cheated when I got that game.

5. General_BlackLegion

General_BlackLegion Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2004
    Pokemon Series of GBA... Wasted two years of my childhood...

6. Sn4tcH

Sn4tcH Jedi Master star 4

Oct 22, 2004
    Hey come on now, the first couple Pokemon games are actually fun... It's the beating of the dead horse that got carried away. I still have Yellow, and it's still pretty fun.

7. MarcusP3

MarcusP3 Jedi Youngling

Jun 4, 2006
    There was this PC/Mac CD-ROM DaVinchi game long, long, long ago that was sort of Myst-like in design but it was just not intutive at all, I never did figure out just what I was supposed to be doing in that game.

That Myst part was only the first part of the game :p I managed to get past that, though mainly because it was just after we'd been to a Da Vinci expedition.

8. Obese_1_Ka-Blooey

Obese_1_Ka-Blooey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 7, 2006
    I agree. The ones up to like after Silver & Gold were fine. After that they sucked, just because they were the same things. Except for the "re-makes" of the original two games. They were okay.

I personally hated this Donald Duck game for the PS2. I got it when I was a lot younger and man it was annoying! Poor controls, graphics, gameplay... it just sucked. And there was this fireworks game for the PS2 also... I rented it the day after I bought a PS2... played it for 2 minutes and shut it off... [face_sick]

9. MarcusP3

MarcusP3 Jedi Youngling

Jun 4, 2006
    That fireworks game was actually supposed to be one of the more impressive launch titles for the PS2. I forget its name.

10. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    >> That Myst part was only the first part of the game<<

So, what, it was like different game types strung together?

11. MarcusP3

MarcusP3 Jedi Youngling

Jun 4, 2006
    Yeah, IIRC the first part of the game was going through the castle-type thing until you could fix some flying machine. Then the next part was using the flying machine in some vertical scrolling type avoid-em-up. Forget what was after that (or indeed if I even passed it, this was probably 10-11 years ago.)

Edit: Now that I think about it, maybe it just had 3 different games in it.
    I think this is it.

12. Ace1561

Ace1561 Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2006
    easy
    sven goran eriksons world challenge for ps1

13. SephyCloneNo15

SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 9, 2005
    Every Tony Hawk game after THUG 1 was pretty much a dead-horse beating. Not exactly bad games, just kinda more of the same, as if people will shell out $50 bucks just because it's got the Tony Hawk name and one or two new features (and sadly, people do). THPS1 and THPS2 were good and pretty fun. THPS3 was meh* at best. THUG had the free-roaming factor that made it feel a bit more unique, but that was the last big innovation since the very concept of "Hey, let's make a Skateboarding game that doesn't suck!" And I won't even get into the imitators that game out during the brief Xtreme Sports Craze: I swear if I had heard of one more So-and-so's Pro Something-or-another game, I would have gone crazy.

*meh: An expression of general indifference and a take-or-leave attitude

14. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    THPS1 was great. THPS2 was excellent. THPS3 was merely OK, THPS4 almost hit the heights of 2. The others are indeed quite meh.

I actually post at the former official message boards of the THPS games (you can see us in the THPS2 credits) and there was quite a laugh when THUG came out, because the developers had sworn repeatedly that 'this is Pro Skateboarding, not Pro Walking!'. [face_laugh]

15. AmazingB

AmazingB Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2001
    Faceball for SNES. As I recall it was pretty heavily hyped with new-aged graphics or something. It was terrible in large part because no one had any idea how to play. I used to break it out every so often and give it a shot, but there is simply no game play. You can't do anything other than move and then you die. Never quite understood the point.

Amazing.

16. MariahJSkywalker

MariahJSkywalker Poopoo Head star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2005
    Big Mutha Truckers for the PS2.

Agreed, you could fall through bridges and drive off into to limbo.[face_plain]

17. Handmaiden Yané

Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2002
    Plus they had a tacky commercial.

18. Armenian_Jedi

Armenian_Jedi Force Ghost star 7

Mar 14, 2003
    Jackie Chan's Stuntmaster

I was amused with it for about 5 minutes but Jackie constantly falling off trains/buildings/awnings got annoying.

WHEN I LET GO OF THE DPAD, I WANT YOU TO STOP MOVING.

19. Drew_Atreides

Drew_Atreides Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 30, 2002
    I like this entry.. Not that it was a HORRIBLE game, it was just about as mediocre an attempt at cloning "Halo" that i've EVER seen.

It's too bad, cause i was one of those people who actually enjoyed the first "Robotech" game..

This one was playable up to a point, and then the dullness of it all just broke you.

20. jangoisadrunk

jangoisadrunk Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    I can't remember any names (except Sewer Shark), but I have to mention those infamously horrid FMV based games for the Sega CD. I don't know who thought that was a good idea, but I hope they aren't making VGs anymore.

Also, pretty much every game I had for the Sega Saturn (except for Virtua Fighter, Iron Storm, Gungriffion, and that Craig Stadler golf game) was the worst game I had ever played until I got the next one. That system nearly killed the gamer in me. I cry every time I think about Madden 97 on that system. In fact, now that I think about it, the sports games were by far the worst they've ever been on that system. Madden, Big Hurt Baseball, NFL Gameday, etc. - they were all beyond suck. I think they're why I don't play sports games anymore.

21. plo_koom

plo_koom Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 26, 2002
    That was my impression, too. I got it because I'm a huge Robotech fanatic, then I continued playing because I was a Halo fanatic and then the charm of it all wore off the first time I got stuck at a point in the game. It just didn't hold enough interest to keep the player engaged in a point where the gameplay slows down.

22. Moonzo

Moonzo Jedi Youngling

Apr 16, 2006
    Fighting Force 2 for PS1.

23. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Both of those games were terrible.

24. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

The Sith Lords was released unfinished. The company broke the trades practices act and should recompense. I don't take kindly to being stolen, you know. And I may do something about it.

25. Med_21B

Med_21B Jedi Master star 4

Apr 21, 2004
    Superman 64, obviously. I actually rented it when I was like 12 and was severely disappointed. I couldn't fathom why the hell I needed to initiate a series of button combinations just to get up in the air.

Oh, and any NFL football game that was passed, developed and created... ever.

_Max

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.