main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Worst Of All Enemies (Humor!) All Cast -- First Post: Luke, Kyp and severely annoying OC

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Ceillean, Mar 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    Title: The Worst of all Enemies
    Author: Ceillean
    Genre: Humor
    Characters: Luke, Kyp, Han, Jaina, Jag, Corran, Leia and so on -- all cast!
    Notes: I wrote the beginning last year in November and completely forgot about this. The idea came while reading "Shadows of Mindor". You get your bunnies everywhere.
    I'm hoping to update this once a month. Thanks to MsLanna's idea of an update calendar, I might actually be able to this.
    Thanks to JarJarJedi for her input and to my dearest Padawan tahiriveilax for her oppinion as well. [:D]

Kyp stifled a yawn when he entered the temporary Jedi Council Chambers on Denon, located at the edge of the capitol. It was an old grey slab of rock with a few hundred windows seeming like drowsy eyes staring into nothingness. It wasn?t a pretty sight but until things were sorted out with the new temple on Ossus and the galaxy tipping sideways yet again, it would have to do.

Not that Kyp was fussy or anything. He just didn?t like it much.

He had parked a rented speeder in an underground garage almost a mile back but deciding he was too tired to use public transportation for the rest of the way ? it got complicated when travelling to the ugly slab of rock, where traffic didn?t much exist ? he thought a little fresh air wouldn?t hurt. Depending on how one defined fresh air, that is. Still he was tired, yearning for a bed, or a pallet ? hell, even a dirty floor would do. He just wanted to sleep.

When he entered the building, a young woman sat at a makeshift receptionist desk. A basic military style table with a matching grey chair ? she smiled when he came towards her, her eyes lighting up at having something to do. Obviously, she was bored.

Who would have thought the Jedi would be considered boring?

Well, maybe Corran but the others? Huh.

?Master Durron.? She greeted him with a slight nod. ?It?s nice to see you again.?

Kyp stopped at her words, zapping through his latest memories and he was certain she wasn?t in any one of them. He would have remembered a short redhead with freckles who looked a lot like Tenel Ka. ?Thank you.? He replied clearing his throat. ?Master Skywalker asked to see me??

She nodded a little too vigorous and bent forward to tap onto a few keys of her computer. ?You can go right up. Fourteenth floor. Master Skywalker?s waiting.?

?Thanks.? He passed by her towards a row of turbo lifts on the other end of the large hallway. Everything had the feel of an old hospital with dark green tiles and grey walls, blinding overhead lights and glowpanels and glass plating on the doors.

[i]Hospitable[/i] was something else entirely.

When he stepped onto one of the lifts and turned around to activate the controls, he was surprised to see the redhead smiling at him, her cheeks flushing a deep dark red. ?Hope to see you again sometime.?

All he could do was arch a dark eyebrow ? he was so not in the mood for flirtatious teenagers. Forcing what he hoped was a halfway decent smile, he breathed a little sigh of relief as the doors closed and the lift ascended to the fourteenth floor. A deep computerized voice with a very annoying Agamarian lilting accent welcomed him to his destination and hoped he have a wonderful day. For a second, the thought of disconnecting the speech processors from the controls crossed his mind but he would have needed to use the Force to do so and, he was honest with himself; he was too lazy. He was already [i]beyond[/i] lazy. He wanted to sleep.

The doors opened to another hallway, busy with mingling people. A few of the faces he knew and greeted with a smile, others he?d never seen in his life. Not that he cared ? most people had the tendency to stay out of his path. In most cases, he didn?t mind.

Master Skywalkers? temporary office was all the way down a brightly lit hall. [i]All[/i] the way. It seemed like Luke wanted to be left alone most of the time ? at least Kyp thought so, being all the way down the damned hall and making Kyp [i]walk[/i] in his current state of tiredness. Maybe he was doing it on purp

2. tahiriveilax

tahiriveilax Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2008
    Ceillean, what a great story :) It was great the first time I read it, and it was awesome the second time I read it :)

Ohh and I know you'll PM me with an update, I have that privelge as your Padawan :p

~Brooke

3. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    Of course I'll PM you. Glad you liked it the second time, too. ;)
    Thanks again for reading!

4. Jaina_Solo_Goddess

Jaina_Solo_Goddess Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 10, 2007
    Is this a sort-of continuation of 'a Teen Convinced'? But with all of the cast involved? I can't wait!

I loved Miss Moonlight (I lol at the name with Kyp) and sighed at how true it was, what she was saying. Well, I guess we'll now see a Jedi Movie! Sweet! Can I be on your PM list please? Thanks!

~Jaina

5. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001

6. Jaded_Girl

Jaded_Girl Jedi Master star 4

Aug 9, 2001
    Let me start by saying that I LOVE your way of writing Kyp's inner voice! ^_^

Who would have thought the Jedi would be considered boring?
    Well, maybe Corran but the others? Huh.

[face_laugh] Awesome. Those two together are so much fun. Glad you incorporated the dynamic. [face_devil]

Everything had the feel of an old hospital with dark green tiles and grey walls, blinding overhead lights and glowpanels and glass plating on the doors... Hospitable was something else entirely.

Depending on who's writing him, I usually either think Kyp's okay, love to hate him or find him annoying. But I love your Kyp!

Master Skywalkers? temporary office was all the way down a brightly lit hall. All the way. It seemed like Luke wanted to be left alone most of the time ? at least Kyp thought so, being all the way down the damned hall and making Kyp walk in his current state of tiredness. Maybe he was doing it on purpose.

He's so cute when he's grouchy. [face_love]

~Kyp snorted and leaned back in the chair, hoping to get just a tiny bit comfortable. He realized, after a second or two, that it wasn?t possible. The damned thing was as hard as a rock and Luke was giving him one of those looks again. Luke had many kinds of looks, ranging from the evil glare to a little twinkle in his blue eyes letting people know he was joking about something. But this look ? this was a look he hadn?t seen in a very long time.
    ~?What the hell did I do now??

*cracks up* Three hits at once! The chair, a list of Luke's looks and a great knee-jerk reaction! Brilliant!

?You didn?t do anything, Kyp. You may calm down now.? Luke smiled but that mischievous twinkle was still there and it sent all alarm bells ringing. ?Actually, someone else needs your help. Sort of.? ... Those alarm bells went off so badly, they were giving Kyp a headache. ?With what?? He asked slowly, suspiciously... Luke chewed on his lip while he shook his blond, shaggy head. That darn twinkle was back in his blue eyes. Wasn?t he just having the time of his life!...The dark haired and severely irritated Jedi Master narrowed his eyes as he caught a giggle from the Grand Master of the Jedi Order. A giggle.

I adore evil-but-still-good-Luke! [face_devil] Don't let the "innocent farmboy" act fool you. The man has depths of passive-aggressive, viciously amused evil unknown in the history of the Jedi OR Sith!

Now, being the oh-so-very polite man that he was, Kyp had refrained from booting her in her rear-end and simply threatened with his lightsaber instead. Maybe he?d even let a few methods of Force torture slip, he wasn?t quite sure.

One can't expect to remember everything... :p "Nova-Star Moonlight"... *snort*

Her sweet little smile looked poisonous. But Kyp kept his cool. He?d heard worse things spoken behind his back.

Rita Skeeter has found a portal to the GFFA. Poor Kyp. (Though I'm sure Luke will have his comeuppance...) And Kyp has no doubt heard worse things spoken in front of his back, too.

Kyp rolled his eyes but kept quiet, lest he say things he could never take back. Or do something he might regret. Well, maybe he wouldn?t regret it but he was certain Luke wouldn?t be a happy man if Kyp got his hands around Nova-Star Moonlights? throat.

:D

Ohhhh, can I be on the PM list?! Please!!! [face_batting]

Up!

7. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    I agree with the poster above, you write Kyp so well! His inner and outer voice.[:D]

This is great!!=D= [:D]

8. Soulman1

Soulman1 Jedi Youngling

Apr 28, 2008
    Great Start! =D= I love seeing Kyp being given a hard time. I look forward to the next chapter. Perhaps you could bring Mara into it. She would be just the person to knock him down an additional peg or two if that's where this is going.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.