main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The worst place in the world to work.

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by LadyVader81, Jun 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LadyVader81

LadyVader81 Jedi Knight star 6

Jan 2, 2001
    I know, I forgot my swipe card but my controller knew and I spent since then chasing up my money, I'll never get it now :(

2. Darth_Dashit

Darth_Dashit Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 12, 2001
    They are absolute ****s for doing that, bloody T&A!!!

3. toochilled

toochilled Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 17, 2000
    I once got fired from a 5 star Hotel after working a 16hr shift, having 4 hours off, then workking another 8+ hrs and then was fired for being TIRED...........

Yeah, like - I wonder why {angry bloiody face}. Same place once fired my on Xmas day.....

I would still recomend it though, it had it's good bits ;)

4. Az-Azzameen

Az-Azzameen Jedi Knight star 5

May 24, 2002
    My mate works for a prestigious hotel chain and he said that someone in the kitchens got fired, and he shat in the chilli con carne. :_|

5. LadyVader81

Jan 2, 2001
    thats what I mean about our contracts, I am contracted to work only 21 hours per week. But they since march been putting me in for 20 hours a week without asking if I want to work this (which is in breach of my contract)

6. toochilled

toochilled Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 17, 2000
    I think she means 12 hrs :)

Oh - on hotels.....

You can get free food in ANY five star large hotel. Just waqlk round the back - there is always the staff canteen there - just walk in and eat.
    warning NEVER EVER EVER eat anything that a kitchen worker is not eating. Only ever copy what they are eating (you will usually see they are all eating the same dishes).

7. LadyVader81

Jan 2, 2001
    opps yes I got booted off after so had no time to come back and check :D [face_blush]

8. Az-Azzameen

May 24, 2002
    I'm sure Ramble_boba would say that PLeasure Island in Cleethorpes rivals Safeways... [face_plain]

9. LadyVader81

Jan 2, 2001
    lol

I could imagine getting put in for councelling for taking today off they wont sack me you have to be REALLY bad to get sacked from a supermarket. I mean the guy that sold a 14 yr old alcohol wasn't even sacked!

10. Az-Azzameen

May 24, 2002
    Too right. I wasn't sacked for chundering all over the shop front... [face_plain]
    I wouldn't wish supermarket work on anyone - but just think that its only for a few more months. Then you'll never have to do it again! :D
    When I was at uni, I temped during holidays. You get cushy office jobs, and £5-10 per hour, depending on where you are.

11. LadyVader81

Jan 2, 2001
    Actually it's for another year [face_plain] :_|

12. Az-Azzameen

May 24, 2002
    [face_plain]
    A year, 12 months. At least its a tangible time frame. Think of the muppets doing it for life... :(

13. LadyVader81

Jan 2, 2001
    very true [face_plain]

there is a girl in there who is 16 and her aim is just to work and save money to get married, I think thats pretty sad

14. Az-Azzameen

May 24, 2002
    Very much so.
    Think of how lucky you really are! :D

15. Darth Thrawn

Darth Thrawn Jedi Master star 3

Mar 18, 2000
    Try working for Asda - they got voted the best employer in the country, dont ask me why, but they must be doing something good.

16. LadyVader81

Jan 2, 2001
    asda would be good if not on the other side of town and I had a way of getting to it ;)

17. Jedi-Nur-Elina-Mani-

Jedi-Nur-Elina-Mani- Jedi Youngling star 2

May 27, 2002
    I would have to say UK, anywhere and everywhere noooo i less enjoy being here than most places i been, but we talking more about specific job places yah, well my local petrol station has a guy who is exactly like APU from simpsons and treats pretty much all the students who have ever worked for him like crap......All you ever hear from him when you go in is "i payin you minimum wage get doin work" lol yah like aint you supposed to do this anyway matey, he seems a real nasty which why ppl usually only stay for like a week max i really not joke. New face a day almost.

Edit: also just wanted to point out my not actually hate here as such, also like most pplz i know here they all want to be somewhere else usually it involve more sunny place, but then even when they go there they complain about wot the ppl there was like understand, anyone do this here or are we all firmly in love with rain and more rain as only weather type. Also where is best palce in uk to stay?

Edit: i think big part is also the time diff, is till not got used to adjusting sleeping pattern which is why i posting this at 5 in morning, just aswell i found lil place on these forums where most seem to be on round when i need it, reminds me time i checked bak there

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.