The worst punishment... (A short Obi-Wan story...)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jacinta_Kenobi, Jun 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jacinta_Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    This is just a cute little thing I came up with one day when I was bored. Finally getting around to posting it.

Replies please!
    Obi-Wan groaned loudly at the news. ?Master! You know how bad I am with kids!?

Qui-Gon flashed a rare grin, his eyes dancing with humor. ?No, Padawan, I don?t know that. Children love you. I think what you are really bad at is dealing with the runny noses and spit-up and crying and?.?

?Exactly! It?s disgusting!? Obi-Wan exclaimed, throwing his hands in the air.

?Which is exactly why I signed you up to be a crèche assistant. You need to learn to put up with it. It may come in useful on a mission sometime.? Qui-Gon told his padawan.

?Yeah, right?? Obi-Wan grumbled. ?You just want an excuse to torture me??

Qui-Gon cuffed his padawan lightly. ?All right, that?s enough of that. Go get cleaned up. You?re due in a half hour. I?m off to meet the council, so I?ll see you when I get back.?

?Bye.? Obi-Wan mumbled angrily, his arms crossed over his chest as the 16-year-old stomped off to his bedroom.

Qui-Gon couldn?t help the laughter that burst from his lungs when Obi-Wan was out of sight.
    Obi-Wan sighed and swiped his hand over the sensor plate that would open the door to the crèche. He looked around, and saw a near empty room with only a desk sitting in one corner, the one nearest the door, and many other doors on the opposite end of the room.

?Hello?? He called into the empty room. ?Excuse me?? It had been so long since he had visited, and everything looked so different from then.

A door to the right flew open, and he heard children?s ecstatic cries just before the door shut behind a small figure.

The sentient was a twilek, with blue skin and beautiful yellow-orange eyes that changed color and danced like fire. She looked tired and haggard, and one of her head-tails bore the marks of a child?s fingernails, but she looked quietly happy at the same time. Like she knew something he didn?t.

?Yes?? She smiled invitingly, as she grabbed a tube of bacta and gently smeared it on her wound, wincing heavily. Obi-Wan knew the must have been painful, since her head-tails were one of the most sensitive parts of her body.

?Uh?I?m here cause my master signed me up as a volunteer?? He said quickly.

The twilek smiled wider. ?Of course! We can always use more help. If you could sign in here?? She indicated a hand screen, and he placed his right palm on it. The screen lit up, and then the words ?Obi-Wan Kenobi- Accepted,? flashed.

?Obi-Wan. Alright, would you follow me please?? The twilek smiled, and Obi-Wan found himself smiling back as he followed her. She led him through another door, and instantly childish giggles and wails assaulted his ears. Obi-Wan cringed.

The room was filled with cribs and baby toys and Jedi of all types and species running around with babies either in their arms or the older ones clinging to their legs.

He instantly regretted getting up this morning.

The twilek waved a man who looked to be in his late twenties over. The man nodded at Obi-Wan, his dark hair bobbing in front of his face and brown eyes.

?This is Obi-Wan. He has volunteered to help out. Could you make sure he?s taken care of, Kerr?? The twilek asked.

Kerr nodded. ?Of course.? With that, the twilek disappeared.

?Well, Obi-Wan, I certainly am grateful for your help. If you have any questions, I?ll be right over there.? Kerr started to turn away.

Obi-Wan suddenly became very nervous. ?Wait!? He cried.

Kerr turned, confused.

?What am I supposed to do?? Obi-Wan asked.

Kerr smiled. ?You?re new here.? It was not a question, but Obi-Wan nodded sheepishly.

?You do whatever you can, Obi-Wan. If a baby cries, you see if you can make him stop. Pick a child not yet being attended to, and try to make his day a good one.? Kerr said, and then walked back to where he had been originally.

Obi-Wan looked around, confused. He started to walk, wondering what he should do, when he came across a small hum
  2. Jacinta_Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Hmm...up? Was it that bad? I knew it was kind of strange, but I had fun writing it!
  3. LuvEwan Jedi Master

star 4
  4. PadawanKitara Force Ghost

star 5
    Very cute Jacinta. Obi-Wan reminds me of myself when it comes to kids. When I see little ones, I run the other way- fast! BUt I do enjoy the time I spend with my 2yr old nephew...most of the time :)
  5. TheFallen Jedi Master

star 4
    I wish I had that kind of finesse with the kiddies. Babysitting is horrid.

Very cute and a warm, fuzzy feeling has placed itself on me. Ahhhhh... - -sighs- -
  6. Ganki Jedi Knight

star 3
    AWWWW that was so sweet! Brought a smile on my face. Really did love it. GREAT JOB!

UP!
  7. Renton Kenobi Force Ghost

star 4
  8. Jacinta_Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Wow!

LuvEwan- Thank you!

PadawanKitara- Thanks. Actually, when I started writing this, I was holding my eight-month-old nephew. I was wearing my padawan braid, and he yanked on it, and I laughed and told him he couldn't have my braid...the plot bunnys attacked, and the rest is history.

TheFallen- Ya, it sure can be, can't it? A fuzzy feeling? Awww! How cool! Thanks!

Ganki- I'm glad! Thanks so much!

Renton Kenobi- Who, Obi or Cris? Cause Cris is cute, but I'd vote for the older one. ;) Thanks for reading.
  9. rouge-reblekid Jedi Knight

star 1
  10. Abbi_Cee Jedi Master

star 4
    This was cute, a nice interlude in the busy dangerous lives of our favorite Jedi. :)
  11. Angel_Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    :D ;) :D

That was soooooooooo cute.

I always knew Obi-Wan and children that´s a good combination. He´s so loving. A child must be happy to stay with him ;)

Angel
  12. Jacinta_Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Oooh! More replies! :D

rouge-reblekid- Thanks!

Abbi_Cee- Hey Abbi! Ya, I thought I'd give them a break. Glad you liked it!

Angel_Skywalker- Thank you. Yes, I thought so too. Thanks for reading!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.