The worst scenes in TPM

Discussion in 'The Phantom Menace' started by CIR, Dec 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. batvader Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'd go with most of Jar Jar Komedy (note the K) sequences (like messing with Anakin's vehicle, being chased by bombs in the battle etc.). No, I'm not a Jar Jar hater, but comedy that is anything but funny is boring and it makes you say GET ON WITH IT!
  2. obi1jedinite Force Ghost

star 2
    its been months since ive posted here, good to be back

there were several scenes in TPM i didnt like, but im going to have to go with anakin and padme's first scene together as my least favorite "are you an angel?"

yuck
  3. senseless_apprentice Jedi Knight

star 2
    Did any body notice how Darth Maul could have easily sliced Qui-Gon in half, instead he kicks him when Qui-Gon jumps to rejoin the duel. Or how about when Obi slices Maul's cool saber in half, he could have capitalized and stabbed the horned beast. Instead, he did a somersault (yay).

Oh and by the way, whats with certain people in power (Quixotic-Sith) judging the content of threads and determining if their valid. The thread creator should be the judge of that, dont ya think?

Of course, Quixotic-Sith will probably post right after me and explain why people have to take these things so seriously.
  4. Quixotic-Sith Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Amazing how your predictive powers work. Speak of me in a disparaging tone and suggest I will appear to defend myself.

Oh and by the way, whats with certain people in power (Quixotic-Sith) judging the content of threads and determining if their valid. The thread creator should be the judge of that, dont ya think?

Yep, but when the thread creator isn't around to keep people on topic, I step in. In fact, that's my job as defined by the Mod Squad. Moderators aren't around just to look pretty and colorful.

The thread was being derailed with "The whole thing sux"-type posts, which were off-topic, since the *author* of the thread requested people post three scenes and how they would fix them.

Call me crazy, but it seems that the *thread creator* was setting limits by which others were not abiding.

Of course, Quixotic-Sith will probably post right after me and explain why people have to take these things so seriously.

Ah, I see. I'm a stick in the mud because I try to keep things on topic. Whatever. [rollseyes.gif]
  5. DARTH_ZELIG Jedi Knight

IMO, the worst three scenes in TPM:

(1) Anakin: "Mom, you said the biggest problem in the universe is no one helps each other . . . "

(2) Any scene involving Jar Jar Binks.

(3) The two-headed pod-racing announcer, using all sorts of current phrases like "The crowd is going nuts!" and "That's gotta hurt!"
  6. senseless_apprentice Jedi Knight

star 2
    Quixotic-Sith: you've proven my point. Thanx buddy!

I still think the duel of fates could have been edited better. Up until its just Obi and Maul it looks pretty choreographed and lacks spontaniety.

Oh wait, all the scenes with Jar Jar suck too, but you all probably know that by now.
  7. ST-TPM-ASF-TNE Moderator Emeritus

star 6
    I like the scenes with Jar Jar.
  8. JohnWilliams00 Jedi Master

star 4
    senseless apprentice, um, that's how it works at every message board. I don't understand how you expect a message board to run without anyone monitoring it.

And to stay on topic, the first Boss Nass scene is utterly bombad! It was the first signal for me when watching TPM for the first time that something bad was about to happen.
  9. Import_Jedi Chosen One

star 6
    The worst scenes in TPM

All the scenes that didn't have Darth Maul in it
  10. JohnWilliams00 Jedi Master

star 4
    Import_Jedi, I don't remember you being on the "B" side (aka basher) but I must say I like it a lot. [face_laugh]

11. senseless_apprentice Jedi Knight

star 2
    JohnWilliams00: You're post before you're last was off topic. Now see how annoying it is when some one stifles new ideas? Some people go around doing that all day......

I do declare that Import_Jedi has the right idea. Maul saved the phantom menace and Jar Jar nearly destroyed starwars......completely. of course this is all in my point of view. :)
  12. Quixotic-Sith Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Now see how annoying it is when some one stifles new ideas? Some people go around doing that all day......

And at whom might that barb be pointed?

If you want to rant about the film in general, try the Basher's Sanctuary. Your posts aren't answering the question the author posed. Get on topic, or stop posting in this thread.
  13. senseless_apprentice Jedi Knight

star 2
    What remarkable wit! It will keep me entertained for the next two days while you're away.
  14. Son_Of_Kurtzman Jedi Knight

star 2
    Get this troll out of here! Please!
  15. Attack_of_the_Ewoks Jedi Youngling

star 4
    worst scene: midichlorians. Trying to bring science into fantasy?!!?
  16. -_-_-_-_-_- Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Spider-Man: It's you who's out Gobby, out of you're mind

[face_laugh]
  17. QuiGonJade Jedi Master

star 4
    1. The flatulence joke (I don't like any of the toilet humor, but I think it's fair to only count it once.) Fix it by just leaving it out.

2. Jar Jar first meeting Padme, this was a wasted opportunity to finally generate some reality and sympathy when it comes to Jar Jar, and instead it's just boring. ( I find most of TPM interesting, not this scene.) Fix it by: well, I'm not sure, but something to indicate that Jar Jar is actually trying not to be such a klutz/idiot, and have Padme start to slowly appreciate that.

3.When Jar Jar says "they all broken".. this should've been an exhiliarating victory moment...I don't mind some silliness but this was the wrong place for it. Fix it by: well, maybe this could be the one moment in the movie where Jar Jar's voice sounds dignified, where he figures out how to not present himself to the galaxy so awkwardly...and maybe add several more seconds to it so some dramatic music can indicate they've, in part, succeeded in their mission.

Well, there's 3... I could add a few more but overall TPM is very good..just overall make Jar Jar a little less annoying and re-shoot maybe 2 or 3 Lloyd scenes, he's not as bad as they say...

18. JOHNNY-B Jedi Knight

star 2
    Darth Maul being killed by Obi-Wan. That sucked, because it was a fight Darth Maul should have won-handsdown.
  19. hoth-nudist Jedi Knight

star 3
    Padme cleaning R2 when jar-jerk walks in.

Flake lloyds, "yipee""are you an angel?" "Mom you said the biggest problem in this universe is nobody helps each other"

Natalie portapotty's wooden acting(almost every scene)

Boss fat nass's: BrbRBBRBRB with spit raining out .

too many more to name right now.
  20. Ace_Lightning Jedi Padawan

1)almost the entire gungan part. I would have left them out of the movie entirely. Would have had to introduce a scene about going some place on the planet to liberate a few troops and using them for an army, but no lucas had to sell more gungan toys.

2) The pod race was WAY too long, and it wasn't dramatic. We knew who was going to win.

3)Anakin asking what midi-chlorians are. We didn't really need a deep explanataion. I made the assumption before the explanation that midichlorians help to show the potential power of jedis.

Other than that, it was a great movie. Am I an idiot for saying TPM is my favorite star wars movie?
  21. slavegirl Jedi Master

star 4
    The whole of the Gungan battle - I can't watch it without cringing. And the scene with the Naboo Advisory Council ("I will not condone a course of action that will lead us to war") is pretty awful.
  22. Turkilma Jedi Knight

star 2
    Just THREE *specific* scenes ?

OK

1.) Pod Race Grid Sequence

.) Farting Eopie

Just imagine how much effort went into computer-generating THIS
    ... and GL approved it[image=http://community.the-underdogs.org/smiley/misc/shake.gif]
    .) Pod Race Announcer
    .) Pod Race Driver designs (most of em´)
    .) Lame audience shots

2.) Padme´s Audience with Boss Nass

.) Portman´s "acting"
    .) Boss Nass (nuff said)
    .) The "revelation" Padme is the queen SURPRISE SURPRISE !!!
    .) BORING

3.) The Space Battle

.) too less actual battling/dog fights
    .) Jake Lloyd dialouge & delivery
    .) The Accident (Oopsie Woopsie ...)
  23. thedarkpath Jedi Padawan

Only three? I demand four at least! Like the latest prequel, TPM is one lousy Star Wars movie. Where do you begin with this turkey? Almost every scene is a bad one!

Check it out:

1. The scene on Coruscant when Queen Amidala says "I don't know" in a broad northern accent, like some character from sodding Coronation Street!

2. The Gungan ground battle: Pluto-headed hippies fighting Fingermouse-robots in the Teletubbies back garden.

3. That great cameo from Lucas's little pig-faced offspring, when they caper around to a looped giggling sound effect, followed by a shambling dwarf wearing a shower cap.

4. The unforgettable "is it the queen?"..."isn't it the queen?"..."who gives a monkeys?"...decoy twist crap.
  24. hoth-nudist Jedi Knight

star 3
    thedarkpath, I laughed my a$$ off at your post! I agree whole-heartily.
  25. Stridarious Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I think it was some of the Jar Jar scenes. Most likly those scenes were kinda down and not needed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.