main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The worst scenes in TPM

Discussion in 'Archive: The Phantom Menace' started by CIR, Dec 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Attack_of_the_Ewoks

Attack_of_the_Ewoks Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 8, 2003
    Jar Jar Binks.

I actually didn't mind Otoh Gunga and all the other gungans really...just him. What the hell was that?! GL: Your hatred of minorities brought about hatred from Star Wars fans too...GOOD JOB!!!!!!

2. JAKEFETT

JAKEFETT Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 10, 2003
    1. The whole tattoine scene is the longest most boring scene for me out of all star wars movies except when Maul appears.

2. Anything happening on Naboo except for the Duel of the Fates battle.

3. Samuel Jackson and his boorish personality

For me, if it hadn't of been for Darth Maul, I probably would never watch TPM again

3. Charlie_Martel

Charlie_Martel Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2001
    Some scenes do have crappy or poorly delivered lines, but all the SW movies have those so they don't bother me :D

I'd say the worst scenes are with Yoda. His puppet is horrible and the one thing I hate about TPM :)

4. Quaff-Down Gin

Quaff-Down Gin Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 1999
    I was under the impression that the whole movie was one bad scene.

5. ST-TPM-ASF-TNE

ST-TPM-ASF-TNE Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2001
    The only scene I don't like is Jar Jar and the Eopie. This is the only scene I would remove from the movie if I could. Everything else I love/like/am fine with.

6. Skimaniac87

Skimaniac87 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 21, 2002
    Some people say that Jar Jar ruined it, I myself think that he gave it that extra touch that the movie needed, which would be humor. I would say that without Jar Jar the movie would have been still a good movie but not as funny as it would have been without him.

1) The podracer announcer. You know, the guy with two heads? It looks like he chocked on a wishbone.

2) The part in the movies where Anikan said "I'm going to marry you" Come on, that scene was just a horable scene, good thing that George took it out, it sounded like some show on ABC or something...

But all in all TPM was (THE BEST) Star-Wars movie that he has ever created.

7. Oakessteve

Oakessteve Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 9, 1999
    I don't think the bit where Anakin tells Padme that he's going to marry her was actually in the film, so are you sure you're not getting confused with the novelisation? Either that, or there's something wrong with my Episode I DVD!

8. Jedi_Learner

Jedi_Learner Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 10, 2002
    Errrr....I'm going to be hard pressed to find any scene I didn't like in Episode I, but the Podracer Commentator and his scenes were things I didn't like. I think that's all, a spendid film of heroic proportions Episode I is.

9. Skimaniac87

Nov 21, 2002
    I don't think the bit where Anakin tells Padme that he's going to marry her was actually in the film.

Nope, it wasn't in the film, it was in the movie theater. Then when the movie came out the scene was deleted. ;)

10. Jedi_Learner

Jul 10, 2002
    I always remember a scene where Anakin had that transponder in his body removed where Watto taunted him, but since nobody can remember it my mind must be playing tricks on me again.

11. Skimaniac87

Nov 21, 2002
    I remember that scene Jedi_Learner, if your brain is playing tricks on you then we're both wrong. :p

12. ratmankey

ratmankey Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    1) Boss Nass's spittle. I can deal with everything else about the character but as soon as he does that blubbering thing, I just say "wtf???"
    2) Anything involving Jar Jar
    3) "Are you an angel?" *shudder*

13. Master_Akwat_Kbrana

Master_Akwat_Kbrana Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 16, 2001
    1. Any scene involving Jar-Jar Binks. Even worse when he's talking.

2. Same situation with Jake Lloyd. Pathetic.

3. When Qui-Gon was killed by Maul. One of the very few characters in the entire movie that was not only a great character, but was also acted out perfectly and didn't look ridiculous.

How would I fix them?

First of all, remove Jar-Jar. For that matter, remove every Gungan in the movie. The Ewoks were ten times better. Sorry, but I prefer aliens that don't look like something out of a child's cartoon, and can actually talk right.

For Jake Lloyd, I know you can't improve his acting, and you certainly can't remove Anakin. I would've started Anakin a bit older, as an actor around 14-15 will most likely be more talented than Lloyd.

Qui-Gon's death scene is pretty much needed, so I wouldn't change it at all. It still sucks that he died, though.

14. Jedi_Learner

Jul 10, 2002
    "I prefer aliens that don't look like something out of a child's cartoon, and can actually talk right."

Good thing for you this isn't real or your comments would be racist. [face_plain]

15. Oakessteve

Oakessteve Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 9, 1999
    Don't get to carried away, Jedi_Learner.

16. darkOmegazer0

darkOmegazer0 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 18, 2002
    The part where Ani flys the naboo ship...its the worst thing in a star wars movie...it's...horrid...

17. Skimaniac87

Nov 21, 2002
    Yeah, now that part is pretty bad. The way that George did it, I mean c'mon. Not to get all picky and stuff but man oh man...

Is it this one? *Pushes control* No! *Engion turns on*

This one? Nooo, *Ship turns around*

It's this one! *Blows droids out the sky*

Then all of a sudden you see him heading towards the Starfighter fights.

18. -_-_-_-_-_-

-_-_-_-_-_- Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 28, 2002
    The only scene that really bothered me after a while is the Pod Race. It's too drawn out and boring at some points. Other than that, I liked everything else.

19. Skimaniac87

Nov 21, 2002
    The only scene that really bothered me after a while is the Pod Race. It's too drawn out and boring at some points. Other than that, I liked everything else.

For me it's not the Pod Race itself, it's the time that the pod race took up. It was just so bloody long, and it took away from the other scenes. Now when it was in the movies it was cool because of the sound, but when you're watching it on your TV set at home it's just not the same.

20. Jedi_Learner

Jul 10, 2002
    I know I shouldn't take it personally Oakessteve, but when people post comments like that it sometimes upsets me. Especially when people post false comments like when they blame him for the rise of the Empire alone. People are always willing to see the negative side of Binks, but they will never acknowledge the good side. :(

21. Master_Akwat_Kbrana

Master_Akwat_Kbrana Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 16, 2001
    Good thing for you this isn't real or your comments would be racist.

Yes, gushers are always trying to label anyone who considers Jar-Jar less than God's gift to mankind a horrible person. Now I'm being called rascist because of criticizing the characteristics of an imaginary race from a science fiction film?

I know I shouldn't take it personally Oakessteve, but when people post comments like that it sometimes upsets me.

It upsets you if someone critisizes a movie? If I were you, I wouldn't even open this thread in that case.

People are always willing to see the negative side of Binks, but they will never acknowledge the good side.

What good side? I've seen both prequels quite a few times, and I have yet to see any good side to Jar-Jar Binks.

22. Jedi_Learner

Jul 10, 2002
    What is that word Gusher your using? I don't understand. People that post false comments or have to beat him down continually upset me, but I won't bow down to your wishes and leave this topic. That is what I am here for, good discussion.

"What good side? I've seen both prequels quite a few times, and I have yet to see any good side to Jar-Jar Binks."

What about when Binks takes the Jedi Knights to the Gungan city knowing he could be imprisoned and punished? What about when he tells the Naboo where the secret location of the Gungan hideout was? What about when he sets in motion for emergency powers, he saved many lives that day. Most likely I'm wasting my time, your set in not finding any good quality in Binks, so I'll leave you to your hate.

Can we now get back on topic please.

23. winter_chili

winter_chili Jedi Master star 5

Nov 6, 2002
    i hate the scenes..where..um..

cant think of anything really

oh!

jar-jars entrance!

his voice is hard to understand him and hes so bad he almost fazes out the ultimate coolness of liam neeson, almost

24. Jedi_Learner

Jul 10, 2002
    I thought about this hard and there is only one other scene I didn't like. The scenes are spoiled when Boss Nass does that stupid thing with his mouth. Disgusting it is.

25. Ktulu_Terumo

Ktulu_Terumo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    There are some plot points I don't like, but the one I hate the most and can't stand is when Shmi tells Qui-Gon that Anakin has no father, that she carried him, and raised him and all that stuff, later revealed that he was conceived by midiclorians. I remember when I first saw it, the first thing I said was "What, now Anakin is supposed to be Jesus?"
    I don't like the midiclorians, it takes the fantasy and magic thing out of the Force, but the fact that Anakin's origin is greatly based on Jesus, I just can't stand it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.