main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Worst Thing Your Character Has Ever Done?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by Tremaniac, Sep 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tremaniac

Tremaniac Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 26, 2002
    I've been running the scenarios through my head for the past few days and thinking about this. I know dead to rights what my group of players is capable of. What about you guys and gals? What's the worst thing you or a member of your group has done as a character? Surely you've all had characters that indulged thier darker sides, so lets hear the stories.

2. Fingorfin

Fingorfin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2001
    I have a character that has learned what Palpatine is planning (Rise of the Empire Era) and has decided that destroying the Republic capitol building is justified if it will kill him. Everything else he has tried has failed, and he is now wanted for treason, so frustration has driven him to the point where he is ready to do this. I will let you know how it turns out.

3. Jedi_Xen

Jedi_Xen Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2001
    Though I didnt do it do it, a smuggler in my group (during the Rebellion Era) told an Imperial customs officer that he was carrying A-wing parts for the Rebel Alliance on their base world (dont remember the name) and two Jedi Knights. Being one of those Jedi I had to do something to get out of becoming a casualty, I started pretending to be crazy, swatting at stormtroopers with a broomstick, making lightsaber noises. The Captain of the ship was unimpressed and jettisoned him off to a small out of the way world in an escape pod. The only one of the group to live.

4. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    My non-Force sensitive character (a Soldier) intentionally took the DSP by shooting an unconscious, extremely powerful Dark Jedi/Sith in the head after wounding him to unconsciousness.

Orders by the Jedi Council were alive or dead and we had no sedatives. Plus Force Lightning hurts and I didn't like him doing that to me......

5. Tremaniac

Feb 26, 2002
    This is it? This is all the bad things characters have done? God, the most vile thing I've partaken in as a GM was part of the "When Jedi Attack" sessions. Yes, you read that right. The character decided that the Empire must be taught a lesson for hunting him (he was a dark jedi btw), so he loaded up on guns, explosives, and assorted goodies. He sneaks into a maternity ward, blasting two on duty nurses before ordering the third at gunpoint to start duct taping babies to his armor. His theory was that the local militia would be loath to kill a baby. Let alone the five or six he had strapped to him. If that wasn't bad enough, the hunter persuing him, Bastard Fett (another PC), had no moral scruples when it came to hunting and eliminating targets. In the end, they destroyed several city blocks, killed countless civilians, and neither was brought to justice.

6. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Well... that's the worst I've done in my current campaign... given how many I've been in, it'll take quite some time to wrack my brain for the WORST. THING. EVER.

I'll try though... :)

7. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    One of my PCs, a Trandoshan, had been in with the Rebel Alliance for about a week, when he decided, at a local bar, to shoot one of his fellow Rebels, an NPC, in the groin, thus making it so he and his companion, a Gungan PC, could never go back to the Alliance for help, and now was being pursued by both the Empire and the Rebellion, and later the Hutts. I asked him before he did it if he really wanted to shoot te guy in the crotch, and he insisted he did, made the roll, and effectivly made the whole campaign harder on himself.

8. Fingorfin

Nov 7, 2001
    I love it when players do stupid stuff like that. [face_plain]

I have seen many things from other players, but my characters usually stay pretty clean. Although most of the things my players did in the Dark Side campaign I ran were truly despicable. Orbital bombardment of peaceful planets, practicing Sith Alchemy on prisoners, locking a Jedi in a box for 6 months....

9. Tremaniac

Feb 26, 2002
    Jedi in a box? Damn, that sounds like the beginnings of lots of horrid jokes!
    "Excuse me, do you have Padawans in a Box?"
    "Why yes we do!"
    "Good God man, you've gotta let them out!"
    Ba Dum Dum

But seriously folks, lets hear 'em. Otherwise I'll be forced to start the funniest things done thread.

10. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I don't know... I mean, we had a LOT of ******-up campaigns in our younger days, but the scenarios we created (such as escaping through Star Destroyer bathroom ducts after drowning stormtroopers in the toilet) are more funny than not... then there was surreal (dealing with Predators and Aliens) and such...

... but we primarily always stayed close to good. Except when the Emperor captured my character and implanted his brain into a Sith war droid of some sort and sent me after my friends... <shrug>...

11. Crimson_Jedi_Knight

Crimson_Jedi_Knight Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 21, 2001
    I've been a pretty good character. I think the worse thing I've done was get the majority of the group killed in an ongoing (many month into their characters) campaign on my first day.

12. Kizakh

Kizakh Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 27, 2002
    Kizakh the psuedo-Jedi Ewok threw his illegitimate son (half-Chadra Fan... fuzzy lovin' is good lovin'!) up against the wall with the Force and told him to "Leave me the Hell alone!" Needless to say, Junior left.
    Kizakh also had a bad tendency to wager the group's token Gungan PC when gambling.

Didn't matter if it was with battle droids or Trandoshans...

Last year, I blew the Gungan up (I was GM) because she rolled a 1 while shooting a laser cannon- she forgot to turn the cooling system on and it overheated and exploded.

Those were good times...

13. GreyJediAntarFodoh

GreyJediAntarFodoh Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 3, 2001
    I guess the worst thing my character ever did was pull an Obi-Wan and think he had what it took to train an aprentice when he didn't... His aprentice turned Dark and gave rise to at least 24 Sith that costed countless lives collectively.

On the plus side, he killed his former aprentice as well as a dozen of his "proginy".

14. Tremaniac

Feb 26, 2002
    Ok, so I take it there isn't much Tarkinism in RPGing these days. Gone are the days when orbital bombardment was an acceptable solution to depression, or cooking a sentient species wasn't an atrocity, it was gourmet food. What happened? Did the d20 system make everyone go soft? Or do I have the sole group of players to break the Jedi code every chance they get?

15. Fingorfin

Nov 7, 2001
    We tired to start an Ewok farm once and sell them as food, but the GM threw a plot at us and we abandoned that idea.

16. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Remember 1d6 took away your character if you were Tarkining.

Worst things my players have done...hmm

* Used Jedi mind control to get dates

WELL SOMEONE HAD TO EVENTUALLY DO IT!

* Invaded Coruscant with a freighter full of Mandalorian super commandoes to try and take out the Senate to declare themselevs emperor

I tried to tell them IT DOESN'T WORK FOR MAGNETO, IT WON'T WORK FOR YOU

Thankfully I said there was a Military conference there and Pages commandoes and everyone else took care of the problem

* Used a time travel device to head back into the distant past (5000 years ago) to try and take it over with their Imperial Star Destroyer and rag tag crew

* Taught Sithia the Dark Secrets of the Universe, completely IGNORING that she eventually would found the galaxy's most evil sect

* Turned to the Dark Side just because

* Tried to become a figurehead Emperor for a bunch of Dark Jedi after Palpatine's Dark Empire I death by claiming to be Darth Vader's eldest child

Then Palpatine came back and they ran like hell

* During the chaos of the Galactic Civil War they scoured the Outer Rim territories for pirate bands (quite a few were probably slavers and mercanaries) and building their own armada after killing their heads they used it to take over a Communications age civilization and rule it as kings

Ignoring the fact that they had basically put the galaxy's worst scum in charge of a civilization

It was like the Peace Brigade as their own country

* Blew up the Jedi Temple with their new found Sith magical powers (the Dark Lord acting through him) as a demonstration

* Killed General Cracken for marrying a girl one wanted

Hmmm what else

Well the worst things MY Characters have done

* My Bounty Hunter commandeered the Imperial's Sun-Exploding Laser Station and fired it into it's home system blowing up the planet Kaazaneth with it's 22 million people down below along with all the ship yards and the SSD.

* In the Tales of the Jedi Era gave into the Dark Side's allure and seduced Nomi Sunrider after her husbands death and then corrupted to the Dark Side in what became a pretty strange Infinities game.

* Killed an apprentice on orders from a ancient goddess, unaware the goddess was crazy.

* Cheated on NPC girlfriend *cries*

17. Drnobabyno

Drnobabyno Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 25, 2002
    Ewok Farm? Hehe, that sounds like fun.

18. Darth_Dork

Darth_Dork Jedi Youngling

Aug 14, 2002
    The worst thing MY character has ever done is Shot a stormtrooper in the face. Then i made love to princess leia. On the stormtroopers body! We then fought some dark jedis, and engaged in a wild orgy! It was a keen day for roleplaying!

19. Tremaniac

Feb 26, 2002
    Ewok farm does have potential! Would you sell them in the local McVaders food chain? Perhaps as little hate meals for the kids? Or do you opt for Corsucant Fried Ewok, and use the secret herbs and spices to drug and control the populace? Either way sounds good to me!

20. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Few people realize Ewolks are freaking DANGEROUS ass critters.

One time our players came across a few Imperial officers we'd left them alone to guard (teaching them to use blasters) and we returned to find they'd shot them, skinned them, and were currently preparing a meal for us

YES, EWOLKS ARE CANNIBALS

There's no better way to lighten the mood truly than watch an Ewolk suddenly bite the leg of a person.

I remember some of the stupid Ewolk tricks we pulled

1. Pretending the Ewolk in the group was the biggest badass there was and then slowly insinuating that he's going to kill a stranger

2. Sticking the Ewolk under a person's bed and saying that was his new home and then "lose the form" for transferring the person (preferrably lower rank) to a new room

3. Sticking 40 ewolks in an Imperial Admiral's room with glowing eye contacts and then having one poke the sleeping one with a stick

4. Locking a friend in a labyrinthian corridor with a heavily armed Ewolk who can move through ventilation shafts and will only become a man with their death

5. The infamous telling an Ewolk that sniffing a stranger's crotch is a sign of wanting to be friends.

6. The cybernetically enhancing a group of Ewolks and then arming them with thermal detanator launchers, heavy repeating blasters, and having removed their morality button

and dumping them on Imperial dinner parties

7. Letting the Ewolk drive the star ship from a safe distance away

8. Taking an Imperial into the middle of the woods, steal his sock, give him 2 hours head start and then give the sock to the ewolk

21. Tremaniac

Feb 26, 2002
    Is it Cannibalism if you eat another species? I was always under the impression that Cannibalism was consuming the flesh of your own species.

22. White_Menace

White_Menace Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 27, 2002
    Ok...you bunch of amutuers how about this...I once cut a hole in a innocent female (playing a dark jedi)and filled the hole with a flashgernade(Mind you I did this not to a NPC but to a PC in a real time rpg room,not message board)...that wasn't very pretty,and that was on a day I was feeling merciful..*grins*Playing a good villan is a art.

23. Tremaniac

Feb 26, 2002
    I've seen similair. A character I GMed for (Royal Guardsman in training), stabbed through another player with a force pike to kill the guy holding him hostage. Why? Why not?

24. White_Menace

White_Menace Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 27, 2002
    How about...making many small cuts of a guy while he is hanging from shackles,then rubbing lemon juice into the cuts and finishing off by pouring a flamible liquid on th guy and setting him on fire?I've done it....Or!!!!How about crusifing a person roman style?Done that also.

25. Maj_Odo-Taji

Maj_Odo-Taji Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 12, 2001
    Look, my view of dastardly acts has also been a bit different. Blame it on my early years being utilized introducing me to live action Vampire: The Masquerade games. *shrugs*

In any case, physical pain heals, stops, and eventually goes away, unless of course it is some permanent injury. Any fool with half a brain and a set of hands can cause physical pain, however transitory it may be. A true master, though, causes emotional/mental pain. Try this on for size:

I ran a game where a Sith Lord (pre-Sidious) was plotting to carve out part of the Middle Rim for herself, ironically quite similar to the way the Separatists tried to do so in Episode II. In any case, the PC's caught on to the plot about halfway through the campaign and finally uncovered who was behind it two ro three games after that. By this point, the Sith Lord knew she had been found out, and started actively trying to destroy the PC's. To do so through physical means just didn't seem right...it seemed too, stuffy. The Sith Lord was much more subtle anyways...

One morning, the Jedi of the group gets a message from his real parents. He goe sback and reassociates with them over the cours eof a game session. Next game session, he is informed that his parents were killed in an industrial accident.

The Scoundrel of the group found out he had a child through a fling he had with a cantina dancer. While not particularly caring for the mother, the PC did seemt o take to the young boy quite a bit. Until he was crushed by cargo being loaded onto transports at a spaceport.

The Noble of the group found a horde of credits being stashed away due to fraud in a few companies she held major interests in. In order to help her own company, not to mention bring the wrongdoers to justice, she turned the information over to police, collecting the reward and then donating it to her government's treasury to reduce debt. All fine and nice, but the fraudulent activity pointed back to her Father; he was tried and convicted and spent the last days of his lif ein prison knowing his own daughter turned him in although he was innocent. Refused to see, her, etc...

In the final showdown, the Sith Lord revealed the details of each plot, and brought "Fear" into the hearts of her enemies using this knowledge...the thing is, I actually had the players telling me, before I made the roll, that they were adding difficulty penalties to their rolls because they themselves were scared, or upset, or whatever else...

The moral of this long-winded tale? There is more to evil than physical pain. Fear or mental/emotional hurt stays with you twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, for as many weeks as you think about it, or are reminde dof it. ;)

Warmest Regards,
    Maj-Odo Taji

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.