main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Worst Thing Your Character Has Ever Done?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by Tremaniac, Sep 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    "NO, just a sith who's lines where written by someone with more skill that George"

Oh, you mean someone who actually graduated from kindergarten? :eek:

OK, maybe that was a bit low. Then again, George's writing has received enough (justified) criticism to sink an elephant. Given what he's done with the prequels... Oi! let's not open that up again.

One party set their ship to self destruct and ditched in an escape pod. The TIEs that were chasing them (and blowing their ship to pieces in the process) collided with the debris or were caught in the blast. With all the junk raining down from the sky, it was hours before the Imperials found the escape pods (emergency beacons were sabotaged by the party). By then, the players were off-world on a commercial transport (STARSPEEDER 3000 "HI, I'm Captain Rex in the Cockpit. Welcome to StarTours...).

On top of everything else they did, the party demanded credit for taking out the TIEs in a dogfight to be added to their Xwing bragging list...

2. Nktalloth

Nktalloth Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 5, 2005
    This didn't happen in the SW role-playing game... but I'll mention it anyways.

Occasionally I am allowed to play using a unique class, or a character I made for storytelling (The latter end up being less rpg and more talking). Every now and again I use my weaponsmaster class, which focuses on all sorts of weaponry- melee and otherwise- and unarmored combat.

You may see where this is going.

This particular character I made, I made with a quirk- namely that he refused to actually buy or even keep weaponry, as he valued money more than safety. Instead (I talked this over with the GM), I gave him a feat we made called "Improvised combat", meaning he's used to weilding stuff like rocks, sticks, spoons, tables, etc. as deadly or nearly deadly weapons. Not nearly as effective at lower levels as having a sword, but funnier than hell.

So, queue the tomb-raid with one other player and an NPC follower. WE get throught the tomb fine (With much beatery upon the skeletons with their own limbs) and emerge into the warm sun and a trap. My fellow PC falls to arrows, so I use his sword for a bit, but break it off in the gut of an assailant (Ogre) and am forced to improvise. So... I note the follower is a halfling in small platemail... and rather dead.

I proceeded to kill three orcs and a stabb-ed Ogre using my halfling mace of +2 absurdity.

Dragging my dead comrade back to town to be revived wasn't very fun, but it was worth it.

3. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    We let a wealth dog buy us transport off an exploding space station, then later turned him over to pirates to ransom just to save our own lives.

4. Kylebell

Kylebell Jedi Youngling

Sep 14, 2006
    I'm proud to say I only have five hours of roleplaying time EVER, and it amounted to:
    1.Killing hundreds of junk dealers and body guards.
    2.Taking over half the galaxy.
    3.Turning the tables on my employer. I was the bounty hunter and he was the Sith, now I am the warlord and he is the Jedi!
    4.Killing off almost all life on the planets I took over, because I like droids a lot more.
    5.MAY have killed Luke Skywalker and all the Jedi on Yavin IV by crashing starships in the moon until it hit nuclear winter, then sent in terminator squads to be sure. Never found out how that went.
    6.Destroyed any hope the Imperial's had of becoming a major force in the galaxy again. I kinda' killed off almost all of them...
    7.Made two species extinct on their own home world's. Ewoks on Endor and Gungans on Naboo. Both places happen to be totally uninhapitable now, too.

5. Nktalloth

Nktalloth Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 5, 2005
    ^ For number 7... I salute you.

BUT. A friend of mine recently made a critical fumble in character creation. The interesting thing is, he did this after he had rolled all of his abilities. Everyone in the group LOVES video games. With a passion beyond what any normal people should ever possess. We read up on gaming news all the time and, this is important, get into savage rants about the way the media presents video games (and links them to violence through a slippery slope of reasoning).

Now, here is the critical fumble he made...

He named his character JACK THOMPSON without ever realising it untill it was too late. The party, to their credit, held off on killing him untill after the player started "getting in character".

For those lucky few who are unaware of the man, search for him on wikipedia. Unless the article's been vandalised, they have the least biased account of him that I am aware of.

6. KudosDas

KudosDas Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 14, 2005
    Wow...I don't even know what to do except laught!!! =D=

On an interesting sidenote, Jack Thompson was also the name of the actor that played Cliegg Lars in Episode II. Seems he was luckier than the PC, having lost only his leg to the Tuskens, not his life...[face_laugh]

7. Kylebell

Kylebell Jedi Youngling

Sep 14, 2006
    You should see what I plan to do next... It involves exploding mouse droids amd the Imperial palace.*Glee!*
    And maybe a coulpe of the Photon bombs I found so nice when I blasted out Cloud City's hangars. That was classic. Nothing says trouble like a pirate group in orbit with four Nebula B's, all your hangar decks blasted out and the new droids pulling blasters out of hidden compartments. People fear my droid, demolition and diplomicy skills.

8. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    On a Bith planet, we shuffled the "samples" in th reproduction facility. Figure that has to mess with the computers' program for the next 3-10 generations. :eek:

Freed a bunch of viscious circus animals to help fight the bountyhunters who were chasing us. I think it did the abused animals a galaxy of good to extract some vengence, plus we helped get the circus shut down. Besides, what possible harm could a few off-world animals do to the local ecology. Not like we turned a maited pair of Rancor loose in their rain forest... ...oh wait, yes we did...

We over-fed the vornskr guard animals with other members of the same species as the commandant's child's fuzzy pet. When they were released, instead of chasing us, they went after the pet. The little child got to watch as the fuzzy was torn to pieces and devowered by viscious pack animals. Daddy was not happy...

And, of course, we introduced Skippy the Wondervirus into every computer we ever came across, including the one that controlled the medications and release dates at the hospitals and insane asylums.

9. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    I hope that was a darkside campaign :p

10. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    Well, it was for some of the players...;)

Actually, I think some players deliberately TRY to go over to the dark side from their actions. :eek: I know... Hard to believe, isn't it?

Mean while, back to tales of horror.

11. LeeroyJenkins

LeeroyJenkins Jedi Youngling

Mar 6, 2007
    I think I use force lightning more then a dozen times (maybe two dozen?) in the span of a single session... that shut up comments about my character being a sith choirboy real quick. Fittingly, he got a face full of boomstick pretty quick after that when he tried to extort a crime lord.

In another campaign, I had a Kobold monk who tried to use leap of the clouds to jump kick a young white dragon hiding on the ceiling of a cavern and missed on the way up. He didn't miss the dragons mouth on the way down, sadly.

12. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    Heh.
    D&D story for you.
    I had one munchkin player who wanted an enchanted katana for his samurai and kept bugging me about it. Be careful what you wish for...
    The pirate known as the Ice Queen (she has another nick-name) captured their ship and the party with magic sleep fog (her own spell). After looking the party and replenishing her fallen crew members, she decided to have some fun. The Wizard's golem was frozen in a block of ice with a message "Knock three times" written in it. Sure enough, casting "Knock" 3x unfroze the golem. The samurai found all his equipment intact, except that there was a rune carved into the blade of his katana. The wizard cast detect magic, and sure enough, it was now magical. The rune was "Ran" or "Chaos". Gleeful munchkin was thrilled with the new toy.
    He was confused that it didn't improve his hit or damage.
    Then he rolled a crit.
    Ah, the fun.
    I'd built a table based on the "Wand of Wonder", so that when he rolled a crit, a random magical effect would happen. [face_devil] OK, this was not what the munchkin had in mind, but he stopped bugging me for magical weapons.
    Later, (getting to the reason this whole thing suddenly came to mind), the party encountered two mature adult white dragons--a mated pair. The Samurai drank a potion of flying. He sliced into one dragon. He critted. The random effect was 2d4x10 small gemstones errupt from the sword causing d4 damage each. He rolled 7. 70 d4 gems errupted into the gaping gash in the dragon's side and ripped it appart from the inside. It died instantly. (So much for the challenge of this adventure.) The mate changed her chosen action for the round. Said flying samurai was on the receiving end of a bite, 4 claws, and a tailslap. Dragon then raged and hasted for the rest of the combat, causing serious damage to all involved, but no fatalities.
    The party had to travel 20 miles to recover the samurai's 0HP body after the fight was over. (All of that damage reduced the samurai to exactly 0HP. Can this munchkin get any luckier?)

13. kargandarr

kargandarr Jedi Youngling

Mar 26, 2007
    I have a character that, when I was able to play, is a smuggler. The Game Master was always trying to stick it to me. I returned the favor. My character with several of his employees made several jumps out past the rim into unexplored space where he could not be found. He had several Imperial class Star Destroyers that were converted into planet killers. Yes, I got the idea from the Death Star. I mounted a super-laser cannon on the dorsal, ventral, port, and starboard surfaces of the ship as well as one in the bow. Not to mention, I also had several ships with built-in mass-drivers that fired chunks of space rock at a planets surface.

One day I've decided that I had had enough of his trying to stick it to me and decided to return the favor. I had just found out that Palpatine had a city built on Byss from research on the internet. So I took the planet-killer and mass-driver ships to Byss and blew it to tiny smitherenes, and killing everyone there. After which my character put these classes of ship on the market for sale, and since he is in unexplored space does not have to worry about being found.

14. Fanficfan

Fanficfan Jedi Master star 3

Jul 12, 2005
    My first ever RPG session I was playing a half elf ranger. Good with a bow and plenty stealthy. Anyway, I was tailing this lady my party had been hired to look after. She got grabbed and pulled into an alleyway. I pulled out my halbard and went right in after. Took a swing at the guy who'd grabbed her. well, I rolled a straight '1'... removed her head... since my ranger was alone at the time he neglected to mention it to the other party members, not a good way to start the day.

15. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    I killed another character. The greatest sin for every group, isn´t it? I did so with intend and without ever leaving him any chances. Still feeling guilty . . .

16. KudosDas

KudosDas Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 14, 2005
    In a game I'm play testing for a friend I cut off an evil wizard's ear, had it preserved and enchanted with Detect Magic and then used the severed ear in the next session to interrogate the same wizard. He chose to explode rather than let me cut off his other ear...

This was of course after my character had used his Spirit Gem to sneak into the ruling trade princes palace with a rather large gnomish bomb and set it off all because the trade prince had captured two of the groups PCs and was the brother of the summoner who had helped to summon a demon we had just finished destroying. Needless to say the bomb left a fairly large crater where the palace should have been. The PCs that were locked in the basement just managed to survive when the roof above them partially caved in. I didn't mean to almost kill them, I was trying to save them! Why does no one believe me?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.