main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Worst Thing Your Character Has Ever Done?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by Tremaniac, Sep 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tremaniac

Tremaniac Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 26, 2002
    The Sithlord actually revealed details? What is he, a Bond villian?

2. Wylding

Wylding Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 13, 2000
    <sigh>

It seems some people just don't understand the subtle side of gaming.

[face_plain]

3. Gorin_Zachian

Gorin_Zachian Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2002
    Well for simple strightforward, and really wierd, one of My Jedi Consolar players, a Diplomat no less, decied that rather than wait to meet the up-and coming soon to be prime minister of a planet, he decieded to blow off the secritary and the security forces and trop right into the guy's office.

needless to say he was arrested, along with His jedi gaurdian Buddy soon after, and then had to serve a sentance for breaking and entering plus the jediorder was 'Very Disappointed' in him. He decieded to make a new character before More evil things befell him.

4. Maj_Odo-Taji

Maj_Odo-Taji Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 12, 2001
    No, not a Bond villain at all. But it was quite a dramatic scene. Think of your wife, husband, sibling, parent dying. Then picture yourself in a fist fight with a person who begins taunting you with details of their death. A quote they might say that you'd be familiar with, or perhaps even just using their very voice to repeat that statement they stammered out as the last breath passed their lips after hours of torture and pain.

It seems no one has a flair for the dramatic, anymore.

Regards,
    Maj-Odo Taji

5. Tremaniac

Feb 26, 2002
    Actually, I'm quite familiar with subtlety (SP?). I even have the occasional flair for the dramatic. But one thing I've always figured when it comes to Sith, is why reveal yourself at all. To mock your enemy about his misfortune implies you confront your enemy. Sith didn't survive 5000 years in silence by doing something so Bondishly sinister. No, more likely than not, a true Sithlord would've done the act, then tried to pin it on someone the PCs know and trust. It goes back to an old doctrine the Soviet Union used to use when dealing with the communist satelite states. "Lets you and him fight!" Remember, one of the most dangerous enemies is the one you never see.

6. Padawan_John

Padawan_John Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2002
    In my group, I take turns GMing with another guy. He has a penchant for starting us out around the Battle of Hoth. Well, rather, he did . . .

The first time, my Human, along with my cohorts, a Wookie and a (dear God how did this happen?!?!) Ewok Sith Acolyte turned the ion cannon on Echo Base, kidnapped Leia in the Falcon, subjected her to a "breaking" (as in the NJO Sourcebook) and chrome-plated the Falcon. Thereafter, we commandeered a Star Destroyer - nobody messes with a Sith Ewok - painted it bright pink and used the Empire's resources to set up our own spice trade and slave ring.

The second time, we stowed away aboard the Falcon - a Human, a Trandoshan and Force-sensitive Human teenager - waited until Han, Leia and Chewie got out to investigate the mynocks (heavy metagaming here) and took off. We left them in the space slug, hailed the Executor and turned the whole lot in for the bounty. It was all going so well until the teenager decided to use the Force . . . aboard the Executor . . . with Vader just a few decks away . . .

We died real quick that night. :D

7. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    I was playing a scoundrel-type brash pilot, with a party consisting of an Arrogant Noble, a Wookie copilot, and a Quixotic Jedi. I had taken stormtrooper armor and snuck into an Imperial Liason building where some important Imperial code books were stored. I was going to let my party in so we could sneak up to where we wanted. I found a window at the end of a corridor and blasted it out. The GM then said; people stick their heads out of doors and cubicles, watching you. I though to myself "D'oh" but said "Everyone down, we're under attack."

In the ensuing panic, the rest of the party was captured. :D

E_S

8. Tremaniac

Feb 26, 2002
    Damn those inconspicous Imperials going about thier own business! Remember the good old days when people just looked the other way when someone pulled a blaster?

9. Lordban

Lordban Isildur's Bane star 7

Nov 9, 2000
    Ah, but an insane Jedi charging with his lightsaber is always good motivation to look the other way :p

10. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Our "Jedi" really was insane! Do you guys remember the Quixotic Jedi template? The player actually read Don Quixote before playing his Jedi, and carried a real saber (sword!) as his weapon. He would also run at Stormtroopers any chance he got. It was an effort to teach him not too; imagine, every session, having to repeat that scene in Monty Python and the Holy Grail - "Right, you two stay here, and make sure 'ee doosn't leave." :D

E_S

11. Hannibalscipio

Hannibalscipio Jedi Youngling

Oct 4, 2002
    Well, me being the perfect angel that I am O: ), I haven't yet done something evil in an RPG.
    But I have done one or two really dumb things. The first time I heard of the SW RPG, I jumped right into the first RPG I saw. Just came up with a name and a weapon, and strutted in like I was something. hehe. Turned out to be a good thing, because the players were nice to me, and I helped the group solve a puzzle. The other thing I did, was in a freeplay SW RPG. It was so haphazard, that it was driving me crazy. We had crash-landed on a planet, and I just got fed up with it all and ran through the jungle in my underwear, screaming (in the RPG, not in real life : D). Anyway, the GM made it out like it was only a dream, so nothing came of it.

12. Isildur_42

Isildur_42 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 7, 2002
    I run an Ewok level 17/level 3 Jedi Gaurdian/Bounty Hunter. Woohoo!

During one campaign I was trapped on a ship with a sith lord, but he didn't know I was there. I decided to kill the bastard, I blew the door to the cockpit down with shaped charges and then chucked a thermal detonator into the cockpit. I barely survived, and the GM was pissed, but I had used the force to nullify the sith's powers for a few seconds and he could do nothing to stop the impending explosion. I successfully ended a theoretical 20 hour campaign into a measley 2 hours 30 minutes!!!!

13. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    Hm, looks like all the bad things were all done by one and the same character. The worst thing he did (being an arrogant little imperial junior officer) was kill 5,000 plus innocent bystanders to get one guy. Okay, so it was in an opera house. Okay, so the roof collapsed after the bomb exploded...

The funniest thing he did, though, was hit on his superior officer during a very tense moment of an extremely important mission, calling the other guy a 'stallion'. Okay, so he had been drugged by one of his peers who didn't like him (what wonder). Okay, so he thought he was a female XXX-holo star at the time. Still, you should have seen his suoerior's face...
    From then on my poor character couldn't enter the mess hall without his peers starting to whinny ;).

14. Fingorfin

Fingorfin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2001
    What is this world coming to?
    Level 20 Ewoks! :eek:
    People destroying opera houses! :mad:
    Is nothing sacred anymore? :confused:

15. Jar Jar

Jar Jar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 1998
    If these are the worst things you folks have ever done, you guys are still amatuers. I have taken a leak on enemies in the middle of combat, seen other characters suddenly and magically whip out two no-dachis for no reason, seen guys have their characters go on random killing sprees involving children in mid-session (I've done that myself), and watched GM's scream at players over them not acting like their character's intelligence scores.

My favorite quote (from the above said GM):

"Listen guys! (slams down notebook for all to see, face solid red) I have a dungeon here! ARE WE GOING TO GET TO IT OR NOT!?!"

Talk about classy stuff!

16. Sgt Crowfield

Jul 27, 1999
    Well, sounds more like a problem of the players/GM and not necessarily like a problem of a character.

And no, operas weren't sacred. At least not to this guy. Just his precious Emperor was ;).

17. Jar Jar

Jar Jar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 1998
    Oh these are definitely player and GM issues, but the whole thing is that 90% of the problems characters get into is caused by the player wanting to "act a fool" so to speak. Some players step into a group and all they want is attention from everyone so they do insane things to get it. I'd have to get graphic well beyond what the rules of the JC allow to get into the worst instances of this, but it suffices to say that players sometimes decide to use role playing games as a release for all of their depravity and mental baggage just so people will look at them.

Sometimes it's cool, and the other 95% of the time it's just stupid.

18. Sgt Crowfield

Jul 27, 1999
    You're perfectly right there. Okay, who doesn't play RPGs to be his or her 'true' self from time to time and do things one would never do IRL?

Luckily most of the players who used gaming as a vent for their subconscious only left my group sooner or later. Now just those who stay in character are left. I can be a quite determined GM if I want to... if I want my players to get to a dungeon they'll get there without even knowing I steered them to the place. And if I sense that they are too preoccupied with the relationships between their characters to be heroes... well, then I'll just let them talk and do soapy things. Whatever they want. As long as they stay in character :).
    One of the Alliance girls in the current group (played by my own hubby) tries to recruit everybody into her Special ops Mission Force, even enemy Imperials. Or should I say, especially those guys?
    It's important that you know what to expect of the group and re/act accordingly.

Phew, that was a long rant... :)

19. Tremaniac

Feb 26, 2002
    While I've certainly see the truth about the attention grabbing, I've actually done something different with it. On occasion, I actually encourage it. If a player wants to be the center of attention, then he has responsiblity. Being under the spotlight all the time does burn. But it's a great way to find a center for a campaign. And eventually they kinda come around on thier own.

20. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    While I've certainly see the truth about the attention grabbing, I've actually done something different with it. On occasion, I actually encourage it. If a player wants to be the center of attention, then he has responsiblity. Being under the spotlight all the time does burn. But it's a great way to find a center for a campaign. And eventually they kinda come around on thier own.

That's relatively true. I remember a Rifts campaign where there was a GM, myself and two others. And my character tended to end up being "the leader" character (Homer: "Moe is their leader!") And I really wanted to give other guys the chance to "lead." So (and Rifts is a very combat-oriented system) I created a SUPER-strong... mechanic. He was obscenely strong, but all he wanted to do was fix things and make them run better. And... <sigh>... he always got put in command against his wishes. D'oh...

21. ISD_Devastator

ISD_Devastator Jedi Master star 4

Oct 11, 2002
    This isn't the Worst thing, but it was one of the most funniest.
    I had cut open the stomach of this Gamorrean guy, and I tried to question him about some stuff about his boss (forgot what it was), and when he didn't tell me anything (he was in horrible pain and couldn't talk anyway), I gave him a grenade (I was low on thermal detonators), waved my hand and said: "You're hungry. Eat this apple. Remove the stick before eating it." Then I run away, the guy removed the pin as per orders.. Ka-Blam. Gamorrean and 4 other grunts were wiped out. It was very nice. :D

22. Sgt Crowfield

Jul 27, 1999
    Ummm... sounds pretty cold-blooded [face_plain]. Or no... rather cruel.

23. Lordban

Nov 9, 2000
    Definitely worthy its Dark-Side point ;)

24. Sgt Crowfield

Jul 27, 1999
    Hm, I managed to get my DS point (or rather, points - cyborgs used to get multiple DS points at the time) for the opera incident. But... but I acted in good faith ;)...

25. Lordban

Nov 9, 2000
    [face_laugh]

Sounds incredibly like Putin's methods, doesn't it ? :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.