The Worst Thing Your Character Has Ever Done?

Discussion in 'Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by Tremaniac, Sep 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sgt Crowfield Chosen One

star 4
    Uhhh... now that you say it... :eek:
    But I never met P.!
  2. Lordban Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Then we've just discovered that your GM also played Star Wars with Putin, and they've actually talked about you, so you inspired the president of one of the biggest states in this world.

Wow, man, that does deserve respect !!! ;) :p
  3. Sgt Crowfield Chosen One

star 4
    *faint*

Okay okay. Now that I'm the DM I guess I should screen my players a little better ;)...

Another hideous thing one of my characters did was... save his commanding officer. The spoiled little society brat (Republican troops), Force user etc managed to get into serious trouble. All other player characters had been knocked out.. and she and my char (her humble aide) were the only chars left.. our glorious heroine was knocked out... my poor char invested his only force point and, ahem, killed the huge monster with one blow.
    The heroine made him promise never to tell anybody about it (since she wanted the credits), and he, stupid little toady that he is, agreed...

That's been one of the worst things one of my chars ever did. I mean, he lied for his superior's sake... :)
  4. Lordban Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    That was quite noble indeed ;)
  5. Jansons_Funny_Twin Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I did a very stupid thing. Alright, i did many stupid things, so stay with me.

A little background story.

The game I'm in is a crossover of SW with Masters of Orion 2, with a little Anime and Bucky O'Hare thrown in for good measure.

Right now, I'm a 10th lvl Soldier named Deuce Nevada, and I'm a gunslinger. I have a literal arsenal of personal weapons at my disposal, including a shotgun, 2 silenced pistols, and a gunblade (as seen in Final Fantasy VIII). And yes, I use slugthrowers.

Anyway, when I was 6th lvl, we went on a mission to infiltrate an enemy base, we run into Vaylin Core, a Mecha-suit Ace and a 14th lvl Dark Jedi. Well, I decided to do something really fun, and I pulled my pistol.

He was caught flatfooted, and no one had any clue what was happening.

I pulled the trigger.

I missed by one.

Doh!

Anyway, I was shot and stunned by one of my allies, and was taken prisoner. I was rescued a few hours later, and we returned to friendly space.

I am now a celebrity. :)

But I've come this close to dying 10 other times since.

But the dumbest thing I did, well, this is a doozy.

When I saw Vaylin again, he was trying to kill our Ambassadors (think Londo Mollari and a Mini-Kosh from B5). So I did what i could to take him out. I armed a thermal detonator, and grappled with him. [face_devil]

Boom.

We both survived (barely), and our feud continues.

Stupidity makes for a great game. :)
  6. dp4m Chosen One

star 9
    And yes, I use slugthrowers.

Hey, nothing wrong with that. When you know you're gonna face Jedi with "Dissipate Energy" it's all about the non-energy weapons...

"Dissipate THIS!" <BLAM>

:D
  7. Malshabek Force Ghost

star 6
    In the game i run i once put my brother and his friends against geneticlly enhanced ewoks on steroids. (Which seems to be all too comon i now realize.) My brother, who is a level 10 Trandoshan solider, was the first to be shot when i rolled a perfect 20. These ewoks were using heavy repeater rifles. He got his A** kicked by them. i don't think he's forgiven me for it yet.

Also I pit one of my friends against a female HRD (Level 20) whos personality and make up was completely based off of an-ex girlfriend of his because I worked with her to make it up. Imagine his surprise when I told him who actually was responsible for the development of the character. He was mortified.
    Which goes to say that embarrasing and humiliating your PC's can be equally evil.
  8. Fingorfin Jedi Master

star 4
    :eek: That is truely evil!

Nice work. :D
  9. Jansons_Funny_Twin Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    "Dissipate THIS!" <BLAM>

That's what I said. [face_devil]

I surprised the heck out of an 8th lvl Dark Jedi. He tried to slice my gunblade, and found out the joys of Sith Alchemy. :D

He didn't last long. [face_devil]

10. dp4m Chosen One

star 9
    That's what I said.

Yep. I punked a fleeing quasi-Sith/Dark Jedi Knight in the back as she was fleeing (both in-character and ex-girlfriend too -- felt satifying both ways).

"Oh, I'll try and absorb the damage!"
    "What? The impact and chemical explosion damage from the dart projectile?"

:D
  11. Corrin_Wyndryder Force Ghost

star 4
    My friend was trapped on a post apocolyptic Coruscant.
    We were in a YT 1300 being chased by 12 TIE fighters, going about Mach 2.
    My character, the brilliant Jedi Knight, decided to Jump out of the bottom port hole to get to him.
    One character tried to talk me out of it, and I got a character point for saying "I don't have time to discuss this in a comittee."
    I barely succeeded in my telekinesis role, and didn't get a bruise from the building I hit at Mach 2.
  12. Corran_Horn_ Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, my GM, a true sadist, pit me (a Noghri lvl 10 elite soldier), two whining Force Adepts lvl 8 and a female Twi'lek fringer lvl 8 against a Sith Lord based on Palpy's stats (which I didn't know at the time, btw.)

After dispaching the Twi'lek, the Sith gallantly gave us the oportunity to flee. Of course, it would have been smart to back down and run the heck out. . .smart, but not in character.

After uttering: "Perhaps today is a good day to die" and dealing about 80 something points of damage with two attacks of his custom weapon (The "Vader's Wrath"), Valpe Jacab, the valiant Noghri was summarily cut in half by the Sith Lord. . .

13. TheExecutor Jedi Knight

star 3
    When I was GM a player who was a smuggler put insurance on his illegal cargo. He lost it all and was pursued by the corporate sectors insurance collectors and was being hunted down for illegal drug running.
  14. Keyan_Stele Force Ghost

star 2
    I think the worst I ever did was leave a thermal detonator in the pocket of an unconscious comrade as the Imps closed in. No time to save him. We were spies on a sensitive mission. I needed to get the data out of there, and destroy anything on him they might find that would give clues about our mission. Additionally it would take many Imperial dogs with it when it went off.
    That was all pretty logical if you ask me. I completed the mission though.
    The player has still not forgiven me for it however.
    So maybe it wasn't all that bad, but my friend, the victim of the action, thinks so.

15. JoinTheSchwarz Comms Admin & Community Manager

Administrator
    star 8
    In Star Wars I always play the good guy, so I don't have too many creepy stories...

...But my noble Jedi guardian, Tarus Lastday, a character I've played thru d6 and d20, nearly fell to the Darkside to save his wife. It was a noble act so my GM reawrded me by not letting me lose my PC (ah, the old WEG times, when you couldj't play darkside characters!).

GMing, the things change. My gaming group was pretty dark. :D They've changed but when we were young, ah, when we were young...

Once the players decided (after being set a trap by Thrawn) that the newest player was a traitor so they expelled him while going through hyperspace (ugh!).

Once the players left the Rebel Alliance (just because they were bored), hired some Gamorreans, tried to kill Mon Mothma and finished killing themselves. The only survivor was executed by Crix Madine (and I had a laugh!)

Once three players sneaked into the Executor and imitated Han, Luke and Chewie: two of them dressed like stormtroopers, the other one like a prisoner. They were asked to bring the prisoner to Darth Vader. When the Dark Lord of the Sith said "You can leave now", the faketroopers thought "Aborting mission" and left their friend with Vader. While Vader was Force Choking the false prisoner, the other two were running to their shuttle.

16. ISD_Devastator Force Ghost

star 4
    The 15-year-old d6 WEG-version of 'Wars we play, isn't good for playing 'me'. Losing my precious character if I got too many (6max) Dark Side points.. blah. That's why we have altered it. I have now 3DSp:s and there is a lot more to come... The next guy tries to f*** with me will eat his legs. Then he's put into a speeder (XP-38) loaded w/explosives. He'll ram the nearest Imperial building as fast as the vehicle goes. "You will drive down this street at full throttle. That building right before you is not there." Wroom -> Boom. Harharhar :D
    Worth every single DSp.
  17. Diverjkc Jedi Knight

star 3
    One of the players in my group ran a speeder bike at full speed into a AT-ST, jumped off, landed on a Stormtooper, broke the troopers neck, and captured the Imp. Captian by hiting him in the head with a rock and KOing him.

It was daring, suicidal, and stupid. The same person also used a rocket launcher to destroy the home of a Hutt lord, that had a bounty on his head, while the Hutt was still inside. Little to say, he has a much larger bounty on his head now, from the relatives of the Hutt he killed. I am sure he will do something else equaly moronic in our next session.

Another character in my group, a Squib Force Adept used the Force to pull the pin out of a frag gernade, while it was still hanging from the Stormtrooper's belt. As you know, Stormtroopers ALWAYS march in formation so that little explosion killed about six Stormtroopers and earned him a DS point
  18. dp4m Chosen One

star 9
    It was daring, suicidal, and stupid.

Oh, we had one of those this game. So me (8th level Soldier/Elite Trooper) and the Force Adept (7th) had been captured by the Sith Lord (probably 10th level SL) and her apprentice (8th level Jedi Guardian) and they had performed Sith Alchemy/Sorcery on us and altered us.

So there we were in a stone room with them after the alterations, unarmed and relatively naked on top of a giant Dark Side Nexus (so the Adept was at -8 for all skills). She was going to command us to lead her troops into battle against the Republic troops that were landing while she took the Sith Holocron (also in the room) to safety. So, the Adept and I look at each other and it's just sorta unspoken between us "Yeah, okay... we're ready to die." So we ask the GM to roll initiative and through sheer coincidence -- the Adept and I move both at 18 and go first. So he Move Objects the Sith Apprentice's lightsaber to me and I move over and cleave the Holocron in two. Then the torture begins... she pins me up against a wall with Move Object (at a 26, so the best Will save I can manage is a 25 -- no Force points allowed due to Dark Side Nexus -- pretty screwed, eh?) and starts Force Gripping me, while the Apprentice Move Object's his lightsaber back and approaches the Adept. So on my next action I'm pinned -- the only thing I have left on me was my shorts and a knife (plain, unaltered knife)... so I make a STR check vs. her INT check to see if I can get an arm free, I do and throw the knife at the Sith Lord. Through divine intervention I HIT her and she loses concentration on the Move Object pinning me to the wall. I use my move action to get to the door (Apprentice missing his attack of opportunity) while the Adept moves and drags me through the door, closing it. We proceed to run. Fortunately, one of the Sith modifications was to make us move at 14 m instead of 10 m per round... ;)

We actually ended up escaping. Much XP was had by all... :D
  19. Diverjkc Jedi Knight

star 3
    My friend read the above post and said, "That sounds like fun!"
  20. Master_Garm_Lliandro Jedi Padawan

Okay, i try not to be too evil in my campaigns that i run as a GM... but sometimes the PCs that i play with can do the weirdest (if not cruellest) things, one of which was...

3 of the PCs walked into a cantina in Corellia around a month or so before the battle of yavin, the trio consisted of a Trandoshan (13th lvl, soldier) and to jedis.

There a was a bit of harmless kareoke going on on the stage of the cantina, with a tri-lek singing "Lekku Fever" (a song i even wrote the lyrics to the night before the roleplaying session)... unfortunately, this twi-lek was not exactly the greatest of singers.

The PC trandoshan, unable to put up with the kareoke decided to make the twi-lek pay for damaging the trandotians sensitive ears ( i dont really know if they are sensitive or not, but hey ) and before thinking, grabbed the microphone and jammed it down the throat of the poor twi-lek. The crowd was horrified at the Twi-leks gurgling as his suffocated could be heard all around the cantina through the speaker system.

Understandably, we were permanently banned from the cantina...
  21. Ping Jedi Knight

star 3
    My character's don't generally do evil things, especially in SW. Except Greyhawke, my D&D merc. He's a hoot, and he's also the only male character I play. (Typically crossing genders is just weird. Even with Greyhawke it can be odd, though generally only when he's trying to hit on barmaids.) He once trampled a guy with his horse. Then his horse got killed by the undead wolves currently attacking us. I was sad, because I hadn't wanted him to do it, but, like I said, he's a merc, and he didn't care, and the guy was a jerk and deserved it. (This is Greyhawke's reasoning. The DM made it a point to tell me why the horse died. I was remorseful, but only to a point, because I had to be true to the character, dang it!) Of course, the guy wasn't totally dead (one of the perks of working for a necromancer, I suppose), and he's still out there, somewhere. Greyhawke still wants to kick his butt.

As for things I've done as a GM, I think the worst was, remarkably, not when I enslaved one of the party members. (The player was leaving for the summer, so I had to do SOMETHING with her character.) Instead, I'd decided the 10-year-old kid needed to go, because he was always getting left behind. I was still trying to decide what to do, when the players decided to interrogate him. (Yeah, it was sort of justified, because the kid's dad was an Imp officer, and yeah, they needed to know the info he had, but they literally threatened him, both with physical violence and with truth sera. He was going to tell them anyway, he just didn't want to, because he felt bad about it.) Anyway, he decides that he's putting his friends in danger and runs away.

He gets captured by bounty hunters, which the players see (after having tried to track him for at least an entire session). They manage to trace the jump right to the heart of Imperial territory. So they trade in their luxury yacht for a more souped-up ship (there were some space-ship races going on at that point, as I recall) and go tearing off after the kid. And come out of hyperspace with a thud, right into the middle of a good chunk of the Imperial fleet.

They get tractored in, confront the Dark Jedi, who tells the kid he's going back to his father. The kid's upset, and his pet "dragon" (basically, a fire lizard) launches from the ship and tears at the DJ's face. The DJ skewers the dragon, which is too much mental trauma for poor little 10-year-old, and he drops dead.

The players pretty much went crazy, and started throwing grenades and blasting things, but they were surrounded by a bunch of stormtroopers, who shoot them all on stun.

They wake up back on their ship, in the middle of space, with all their stuff back. They go through everything with a fine-tooth comb looking for tracers. They didn't find anything, because I decided that it was just much easier to put it on their normal ship (currently in for upgrades). After all, they just dropped it off, making no attempt to conceal who it belonged to. *weg* Gosh, I love GMing! Heh heh heh.
  22. Garronin_Antilles Jedi Padawan

Wow those are some stories...The worst thing I've ever hard sumone do was take over a star destroyer with 5 people....and we landed in on dagobah....
  23. Sinje_Gawa Jedi Knight

star 2
    I really haven't done anything all too 'evil' in any campaign... to me its always more of a challenge to portray someone that genuinely wants to do good than someone who is simply normal (selfish) or 'evil'. However, I have occassionally tapped into the 'dumb side of the Force'. Most of it was all in one night.

Usually Gareth, the leader of an Alliance resistance cell, is so cautious that half the session is taken up with elaborate planning or subtle manipulation (this is necessary for survival, we have a brutally realistic GM). But this time we were thrust into a situation where he didn't have much control over the circumstances - he was given a mission to intercept an Imperial defector already en route to a space station to meet an Alliance contact and keep her alive until her motives could be ascertained. The station where we were to meet her was crawling with security forces and my slicer found there were several suspicious ships with Imperial registry docked there. The defector would be arriving in several hours. I decided that if we waited for the defector to show up before doing anything, these Imperials would pop out of the woodwork, descend on the defector and things would get ugly. Gareth doesn't like ugly, so he decided to investigate the Imperial ships before they had a chance to kill the defector.

With an elaborate disguise as a wealthy dilettante (Gareth is always changing identities, kind of like The Saint) he and his companions went over to one of the Imperial ship's docking bays complaining about the condition of their own docking bay, saying it was filthy and substandard, wondering if all the bays were like that, as an excuse to get a good look at the Imperial. My disguise is fooling everyone and we got access. The Imperial comes out of his ship to investigate my loud talking - with a military protocol droid, who announces that I am wearing a disguise and I am a criminal, and wanted for questioning by the Imperial Security Directorate.

There's no plan for this... I could have tried to talk my way out or simply flee, but the temptation to shoot protocol droids is always there, and this protocol droid just made things ugly. Blaster comes out, droid blows up. Several moments later, the station's own security forces are all over the place and the Imperials sent to intercept the defector are alerted to our presence. Welcome to an ugly situation.

It was only luck that the impromptu plan I came up with next went off. We ran back to our own docking bay, I told the others to take off before they could lock the bay down or power up the tractor beams, grabbed my disguise kit and a ratty old flight suit and hid in the air vents. While the security forces finally gave up searching around, thinking we all escaped on our ship, I made myself up to look like a spacer bum waiting to hitch a ride on the transport the defector would be arriving on. Sure enough, the Imperials I wanted to investigate earlier were waiting for her. When I caught sight of the defector, I tackled her and started shooting the Imperials. We ran along a route I had scouted out several times while waiting for her, to an escape pod, and launched, hoping that my friends were waiting to pick us up before we were blown to pieces.
    Now this might not sound too bad... but compared to other adventures this had to be dumbest thing I ever did as Gareth... right next to the thing I did next: the defector was convincing and her story seemed credible. I thought she was here to disrupt the rebellion but my interrogations couldn't reveal any flaws in her story. I suspected (in character) that at times I was using the Force and opened myself up to her. The level of success demanded that I believe the defector completely, but she became suspicious of my sudden change of heart and stumbled on the fact that I was Force sensitive... a secret I had been keeping (in character) from everyone as it was made clear by the GM that if I became a known Force user I was as good as dead in his Rebellion Era campaign. I never even considered how
  24. Jansons_Funny_Twin Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Well, chalk another one up for my character.

He just slept with the Chief of State for the Terran Confederacy.

"How was I supposed to know?"
    "Perhaps because she has a sash that says 'Chief of State'!"
    "I thought she was a hooker!"
    "That doesn't help us out."
    "I wondered why she acted all offended when I handed her 250 credits."
  25. Spike_Spiegel Former FF Administrator Former Saga Mod

star 6
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.