main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Worst Thing Your Character Has Ever Done?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by Tremaniac, Sep 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Atrox

Atrox Jedi Youngling

Mar 1, 2003
    The worst thing the character I currently GM has done? Where should I start?

- Exterminated three species because they might have become a threat to her Sith Empire.

- Killed four of her (currently) 11 children because they failed to measure up to her standards. Three of these deaths I'd have to rate NC-17.

- Turned Luke to the Dark Side. (These Skywalkers are all too passionate anyway)

- When some daring Jedi actually managed to penetrate into the Temple to challenge her, she defeats him. Then she burns out his eyes with her lightsaber just for starters. When she's done, the still-living, still-aware wretch she left over is delivered to the Jedi Academy as a warning.

- Because she despises droids, all tasks in her Temple are handled by sentient slaves. If they can still be considered so after the kind of brainwashing she puts them through. There are several hundred of these poor critters. That does not include pleasure slaves.

And yes, I shouldn't have let her get this powerful. Maybe. But GMing Darth Shadow is fun.

2. EwokSlayer01

EwokSlayer01 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 7, 2003
    Oops. This was all that came to mind after an accidental use of Force Destruction in my Old Republic jedi campaign. I believed the attacking droids to be large worker droids, but they were only small maintenence droids with hidden weapons. So long story short I ended up with a huge black crater and an unwarranted dark side point!

P.S. My GM wanted me to say I almost killed half of my fellow PCs in the blast.

3. EwokSlayer01

EwokSlayer01 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 7, 2003
    Oops. This was all that came to mind after an accidental use of Force Destruction in my Old Republic jedi campaign. I believed the attacking droids to be large worker droids, but they were only small maintenence droids with hidden weapons. So long story short I ended up with a huge black crater and an unwarranted dark side point!

P.S. My GM wanted me to say I almost killed half of my fellow PCs in the blast.

4. Orinackra

Orinackra Jedi Youngling

Apr 1, 2003
    Hey what's up, I'm new here! I was floating around and I saw this topic and had to add my input. I run an early Imperial type campaign and this happened this past Sunday.

I had a light jedi who found a sith holocron and wanted to find a way to destroy the one weapon of another pc, a dark side jedi named Bob the Gank. The weapon was a black lightsaber that gave the pc the skill drain knowledge. So all the characters go to the Demon moon Dxun and go routing around this temple, when a Sith spirit pops out and tells the jedi to do something for him. The dark side jedi who didnt know about the holocron is like hey, he's a lightside jedi, he wants to destroy you! So the spirit attacks the jedi, so does te dark side pc and another pc, a force adept. The other 2 pcs, a human noble, and a mon cal scoundrel, decide well, we never liked the dark pc to begin with, so they attack him.

The force adept changes sides, attacks the Sith spirit, and Bob pulls the pin on a grenade on the noble. It's gonna go off in a few rounds. To make a long story short, light side jedi kills Bob, destroys the Sith spirit. A recurring villain bounty hunter mysteriously appears, ,kills the noble and the light jedi, then the grenade blowes, killing everyone else. Oops. Campaign ended just like that.

5. Matador

Matador Jedi Youngling

May 30, 2002
    Very cool...I have yet to do anything too horrible, as my GM gives me stern glares when he even thinks im thinking of something devilish...to think he tried to stick my soldier with a DSP for selling his favorite Bothan NPC into slavery...I didnt even mutilate him or anything...just a slight beating, nothing bad though...

6. Jacen13

Jacen13 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 17, 2002
    Worst thing, pretty pathetic, but my bro shot two Nemoidians in the back from twenty meters with Rapid shot. With a heavy Blaster Pistol. Took one down to -10 wound, took the other down to -9, but he failed the fortitude the next round and died. I gave him a DSP. He was't happy.

He got his revenge. He was GMing, my four chars, a Human Jedi Ace wannabe (JG 1), Joe "Burn" (a Soldier 1 with 5 Frag grenades, two E-11s, and an attitude), a female bothan noble, and a wookie scout 1. My chars were trying to escape to a Gian Landspeeder. A battle droid ripped the ignition assembly out, and my soldier had to cover the other heroes. I had to deal with a destroyer droid, a STAP a comand droid and some security droids. Thank the Force for Frag Grenades and a good repair check that got the Gian speeder online before the Destroyer droid could open fire, and the Light repeater turret. That took out the STAP and the battle droids. I ran from the destroyer. :D

7. Kyp_side_of_TheForce

Kyp_side_of_TheForce Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    Accidentally decapitated another party member. Never, ever, pick up a dead party member's lightsaber unless you are proficiant with it... at least it was the sort of thing my character would do... She had this whol Megalomanic thing going on...

8. ReallyBoringGuy

ReallyBoringGuy Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 14, 2002
    The worst thing I ever did was reroute Coruscant's sewer system. During the Empire era. Into the Emperor's throne room. During an important meeting. Didn't survive, but it was still fun...

9. Alion_Sangre

Alion_Sangre Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    I hope the GM RP'd ol' Palpy's dialogue for that :D [face_laugh]

"The Dark Side is weak before the power of bad plumbing."

10. Abel_DuSable

Abel_DuSable Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2003
    The *WORST* thing one of my characters have done?

Hard to say... My current character is a Jillisarian Captain/Bartender named Thexx. For those of you who don't know what a Jillisarian is, they're mechenically inclined himanoids with four arms. Anyways he owns his own Ship, an old Star Seeder refitted as the cosmos' largest mobile bar and has a soft spot for the rebellian.

One time as security at a starport was clamping down on some of his Rebel buddies and were blocking the path between them and the hatch to his ship with those mini-walkers that look like ED 209's.
    Thexx Straps on his toolbelt, and runs out under the line of fire and between it's legs where he then proceeds to 'pop the hood' and disable it by hand. (the Rebels managed to deal with the other one.
    Imagine being trapped inside one of those things just because all systems went down.
    Now The Flying Lum (the ship) has two mini-walkers for security and Thexx can pilot them.

He's also a fan of midevil weaponry so when he had a chance to buy a Jillisarian Bow he spent the cash and now uses it when they need stealth. Heh... Imagine the pull on a bow that needs *TWO* hands to draw back the string.
    The first time he used it on a stormtrooper it when clear through the neck, leaving the Trooper making heavy gurgling noises over the radio... and the base commander telling him to quit goofing around or he'd be written up on report.

But the worst character I've ever seen was a fellow by the name of Jason Blood.
    A special forces soldier from a small world that the empire landed on. Blood was something we had never seen before. Oh he looked very much human, but he collected dark side points like a white suit collects cat-fur.
    His greatest acheivement was when our boss who happened to be a Brub (Think Gumby) got injured in a firefight and Blood payed (bribed actually) the doctor to install a Butt in this otherwise Buttless species.
    So Doctor Knack installed 30 feet of synthetic colon to the Brub's digestive system and a bionic butt onto his posterior.
    We were shocked... and so was the Brub...
    Then Blood insisted that the doctor brainwash the Brub into loving his new butt... Once again a hefty Bribe greased the wheels of outlaw medicine.

And that my friends is how Jason Blood became the enemy to an entire race of people and had a bounty placed upon his head (Basis was Xeno-Violation) that was large enough to buy a small city.

There are many more Blood-tales... But I shall save them for later posts.

Oy... so many Blood Incidents...

11. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    The worst thing I ever did was reroute Coruscant's sewer system. During the Empire era. Into the Emperor's throne room. During an important meeting. Didn't survive, but it was still fun...

[face_laugh] ROTFLOL [face_laugh]

12. Abel_DuSable

Abel_DuSable Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2003
    Ah yes... I started rooting through all of my D6 character sheets and came across a character I had been playing for so long I forgot about him.

Jereth.

A former cook on a Pirate vessel he had a thing about Imperial Historical trivia. Knew practically all there was to know. (Gm started the game back then by declairing everyone got one skill at an amazing 10D6 *BUT* it had to be useless in day to day life.)
    Anyways after escaping hsi cuel masters with some Mercs and Smugglers he decided to take up Botany. His idea of botany was to take a medicinal plant from one world and plant it on another. It devistated the ecosystem but it yeilded the newest and most powerful narcotic that the Empire had never seen.
    He managed to steal an automated Bailer and flew off with a wookie character to cut a deal with Jabba the Hutt.

Long 8 month pause between games here and Jereth was declaired to be getting a 10% cut from all sales of his narcotics (Seeing that his new narcotic could only be afforded by the richest scum in the galaxy this was quite a lot)... but Jabba wound up sending Jareth to a backwater world to hide until his competitors stopped looking for the source, leaving his wookie partner in charge of harvesting and shipping. It was a little world that was like out Victorian Age with lots of steam-tech... and a small imperial garrison.

In the 5 years that Jabba left Jareth there, he had used his pirate cooking skills to join a brewery and add Bubbles to the local Ale (A feat that made him rich enough to buy the factory) and eventually became an upstanding member of the community. With wealth he had time to pick up a new useless skill... Music Writing. (Also at 10D)

When some new PC's dropped by he took the oppourtunity to leave with them, only to get into a high speed chace on another planet and be hurtled out of the speeder. (Even with his seatbelt done up he was flung free... darn that evil one on the wild die) and was arrested by the sector rangers as soon as he healed and was fitted with a new cybornetic leg.

HE spent time in the prison getting used to his leg and feeling painfully bored. This was a man who had always had something happening in his life and now he had nothing... so he Wrote an opera.

Yes an opera... not just any opera though. The grandest opera he could imagine. The subject was the glorious rise to power of Emperor Palpatine.
    Written for a 600 piece orchestra with well over eighty singers and actors, it was the most amazing and ambitious Opera the Empire would see.
    (And with 10D in Songwriting and 10D in Imperial Historical trivia it was a mastercraft level work)

Granted when the warden found it and turned it over to the ISB he was grilled about how much he knew about the Empire's humble beginnings and it was only when he nearly bored them to tears with his intimate knowledge did they beleive that he really did wish to Glorify the Emperor in song.
    So The ISB sent a copy of the Opera to their superiors and eventually it fell into Palpatine's hands and was given a green light.

Jereth was given a full pardon in time to oversee his Opera on opening night where it was concidered a resounding success. And now although most people do not know Jereth's face he is renowned as an artiste and patriot. He is currently employed by the Imperal Propaganda Offices writing short songs and jingles on a sporadic basis. His real income is the residuals from his masterpiece "Palpatine! Bright center of the universe!" which not only makes him a wealthy man in the Empire but allows him to divert money from his other endevors (his prosperous Brewery on that one planet and the oodles of cash his Drug Trafficing to Jabba rakes in) directly into the rebellion.

Heh

What do you think?

13. Basemonger

Basemonger Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 12, 2003
    And as that GM in JAreth's campaigns, I'd like to point out some things.

1) I know know that there truely is NO SUCH THING as a "useless" skill. While the time form Jareth's character concept is about five years from this month, and he's been in four different groups, I acknowlage that even skill decisions can come back to haunt evn a 20 year vetran like myself. But it's okay, Jareth is one of the best Characters I've seen; as is Abel's history in making characters.

2) The Brubb thing was a mistake on my part; I used some fan fic somewhere stating that the Brubb were a weird mix of lizad and plant that evolved... yes, mistake on my part. I thought it was resonable on my part to asume that a part plant species wouldn't HAVE a butt. I managed to salvage MOST of that (thin) blood character line by making part of his delusion when he was laid up in a bacta tank. I think some one should make a poll: do brubbs actually have a butt? Just to clear that up...

3) Moniter your campaigns closely! GM must maintain control! or you'll have blood (no pun intended) on your hands!

*sigh* Best get to writting for the upcoming campaigns this week...

14. jhc36

jhc36 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 19, 2003
    well during our campaign before my fellow adventurers met there deaths at my hands (see a previous bad something thread) we were working for a fledgling hutt on nar shaada. well broka the hutt put a hit one of his rival's bankers. it was pretty much our job to monitor his movements. well i dont much like monitoring...especially with my 8 darkside points now...well i tracked him to his apartment on the first floor. i managed to break in through his window without alerting him..oh yeah he was human.. i made the listen check and was able to hear him go into the refresher. i snuck to the door and since my character has a high strength bonus was able to break down the door. much to the surprise to the banker who was on the toilet. i had the surprise so i decided to smash his head into the sink next to him.... i rolled a critical and knocked him out.
    i then proceeded to take his limp body through the apartment and through him against the walls. the GM by this point was a little disturbed by my sudden move to kill the banker... since the orders were to just monitor for the day, take out later. but alas... i through him into walls and into his TV... of course the banker is dead now. i proceed to get a knife from the kitchen and lay into him. As the GM explains: blood is everywhere. i decided to make a point and drug him through his apartment and wrote my name on the walls with his blood.
    the unfortunate thing was... i did it in front of the main window...and i didnt bother to turn the lights off. lets just say that authorities involved and the deaths of 5. it was a great time... and an issue of 1 darkside point. (side note: my character, zephyr the devaronian, is still alive and is now a level 6 charac. 4fringer and 3soldier....so far)

15. Diverjkc

Diverjkc Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 9, 2002
    4+3= 6??
    oh well, anyway, one of my characters dumped rocket fuel onto a Hutt, it was pissed. Then a well meaning force addapt used thermokenisis on the Hutt causing it to spontaniously combust, igniting the trail of rocket fuel all the way to the fuel depo and the resulting explosian destroyed half the base.

16. jhc36

jhc36 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 19, 2003
    yeah basically...i've got just enough xp for a level 6 character...around 15,000 i'm guessing... but i branched out at 4th level fringer and went on to first level soldier...and so on.. and yes 4+3(in this case) = 6 ....but hey that was pretty good about the hutt.

17. WilliamtheConqueror

WilliamtheConqueror Jedi Youngling

Jan 9, 2003
    My character is new, but Ysanne Isard has paid him to go after a sith with a group of bounty hunters, sounds like a mistake to me...

P.S. if you want to join in the role playing thread is called bounty hunters. [face_blush]

18. Diverjkc

Dec 9, 2002
    Here is one from a new game we started wednesday. I started the chars off at lvl 4, we had two groups, one group of 3 jedi, the Master (GM character), one Kushiban (the masters padawan, think .5m rabbit), and one Chandra-fan (stowaway from Yavan 4). And one group of 2 Chiss sent to map several star systems for posible worlds to settle.
    Master Luke sent the GM's master and the Kushiban to Belkadan to try to figure out what could destroy the entire planet. The two Chiss find an uninhabited planet with no life at all. They decide to investigate. The two groups meet and yell at each other for about half an hour (Chiss socity forbids attacking first, and you know all that stuff about Jedi only fight in defence...) before trusting each other. They find a recording in a dammaged computer of Carr killing one of the scientists from Ex-Gal 4, use the holo net to find out where he was stationed and where his quarters were. On their way to his quarters, they need to jump over a hole. Not very deep, (2m) and 1m wide the Chiss and the Kushiban make it across and the Chandra-Fan trys a jump check and rolls a 1, it falls into the hole. One of the Chiss starts laughing uncontroably and makes the coment "just flap your ears and come on out" and continues laughing. After the Master levatates the Chandra-fan out of the hole, the Chandra-Fan procedes to hit the Chiss in the crotch with the hilt of his light sabre after the Kushiban stoped laughing, they both got a strong warning from the Master. Later as they were searching the room that was Carr's, the other Chiss got a search check of 29 (nat 20+7 ranks +2 mod) so the still sore Chiss made a comment about finding bat in the daytime. At this point the Chandra-fan had his blaster pistol out and was too close to shoot him so he pistol-whipped the Chiss in the crotch. Man, did that Chiss have a bad day.

19. PanebtheArdent

PanebtheArdent Jedi Youngling

May 7, 2003
    First of all I laughed alot reading all or your post, but someone please help me! I have no idea what you guys are talking about, what kind of a game is this and how do you play???

20. Diverjkc

Dec 9, 2002
    Ok, we are talking about RPGs (Role Playing Games), most are pencil and paper, but some are done over message boards. It is like D&D, only Star Wars instead of fantasy. The rules are much too complicated to put here, your best bet would be to pick up the core rule book, I perfer the revised edition but others may like the first one. You can get it at any major book store that has an adventure game section, if you can't find it at a book store try purchasing online. The books range from $20-$45 US for the add-ons and the core book averages $50 US. The game needs at least (in my opinion) 4 players and the GM (Game Master).

21. FuzzyRatt

FuzzyRatt Jedi Youngling star 3

May 16, 2003
    My character of Ryal Dol, a smuggler, blow up the New Repulic Senate just to cover himself trying to get away from a Dark Jedi.
    He letter took credit and the very large bounty on two Jedi Knights that he did not even know of. The real Bounty Hunter were killed by the people who had placed the bounty.

22. davofett

davofett Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    I know this is D&D but my brother did the dumbest thing.

They spent about an hour breaking this code. So the three walk into a misty room and a voice calls out. Across a tomb is a necromancer. He starts sayn something like "I'm going to destroy you."And my brother says.

"What are ya gonna do, shoot me."

Melf's acid arrow works wonders.

23. GenOochy

GenOochy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 8, 2003
    Strangled a little girl.

Okay, she was a 14 year old handmaidin.

She deserved it though.

24. DexRicon

DexRicon Jedi Youngling star 1

May 17, 2003
    A character of mine fell in love with a guy, had two kids with him, sold her soul to Sidious for the power to get even with Palpatine who then tricked her into attacking her husband and kids. The husband lost both legs and one of the babies was ripped open like a baked potato.
    Right now, I'm playing the other son in the Rebellion era who hopes to get even with his mother...and after one match he's already missing an arm. That woman is evil.

25. DexRicon

DexRicon Jedi Youngling star 1

May 17, 2003
    I forgot to mention that she captured her son's girlfriend and tortured her until her skin was smoking like overcooked bacon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.