main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Worst Thing Your Character Has Ever Done?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by Tremaniac, Sep 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lordban

Lordban Isildur's Bane star 7

Nov 9, 2000
    A team of 2nd level PCs recently ended up very dead quite stupidly. They were to infiltrate an outpost of a militia that kept natives and big wild beasts at bay on a jungle world. When they met the first NPC inside the fence, they didn't even try to talk with him and opened fire.
    You guess what happens next ;)

2. Whiney_Farmboy

Whiney_Farmboy Jedi Master

Mar 27, 2004
    Well...me being a newcomer to the world of Star Wars RPG's...so I'll share a DnD experience. The campaign I was DM'ing was aptly dubbed "The Isle of Herpes" A shipwreck occurs, stranding a human Paladin, an Elven Rogue, and a Half-Orc Barbarian on an island...anyway...midway through the game, the Half-Orc fights the Paladin...the Paladin (a wimpy character) decides to give up. In order for the Half-Orc to spare the Paladin, he commanded he give him oral pleasure. I should have stopped the game right there, but how was I to know what would happen next? Just then, the Elven rogue drops from a tree and shoots the paladin through the cheeks with a crossbow. So yeah...the bolt actually...uhm...went through one cheek, the half-orc's d**k and out the other cheek. So, in panic the half-orc ripped himself out of the Paladin's mouth. That was the point where I said "You know what, screw it! You see that tower? All the monsters I was planning on having you fight turn their heads and drop their jaws in disgust. You are then transported into the town square where angry villagers circle you. You must fight to the death, or eventually be slaughtered." The half-orc and paladin were going to gang-up on the rogue for an obvious reason...until the Half-Orc bludgeoned the Paladin in the face with a flail and killed him. The Rogue took out the Barbarian and then shot himself. Worst game ever...

3. Jedi_Knight_Jonas

Jedi_Knight_Jonas Jedi Master star 3

Sep 26, 2003
    NICE^^^^^^

We killed a puppy last night. No reason really, but the SOLD 10/ ET 2 wanted 2, so he did.

I gave him 1 FP, not a DSP. The puppy deserved it. Bark at me will you......*WHAM*!!!

4. Magellan_the_Cat

Magellan_the_Cat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    In one campaign, the party was made into a bunch of celebrities. Some guy on a security detain at a fortress they ambushed took the video feed, wrote a backstory, and marketed it to a network. Shortly thereafter, the network funded a bunch of droid cameras with heavy stealth programming to follow them.

The party was in a heavy firefight with bounty hunters. One of the characters ran away and yelled to a bunch of civilians "Look, the Heavy Thunder Squad is putting on a show. Let's get their autographs." Dozens of stampeding fans got killed in the crossfire as the party escaped.

The player got a DSP--endangering civilians on a massive scale with fatalities.

5. Tremaniac

Tremaniac Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 26, 2002
    Magellan, that is absolutely beautiful. You know, if a non force sensative type actually did that in my games, I may very well reward him/her for such creative thinking.

6. Magellan_the_Cat

Jul 21, 2003
    I believe he did get extra skillpoints.

Still, some of the fans who got killed were small children.

7. Low-Ki

Low-Ki Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 6, 2004
    Once my character just went nutso on a group of aliens. (his girlfriend had just been killed by them) I did a total Ani job, but it was fun thinking up new ways to do the deeds off the top of my head.

"I roll forward and grab the spear mid roll and skwer one in his gut." or

"I stab the MF'er in the eye!"

8. JediLeeora

JediLeeora Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 22, 2004
    My group had been captered by pirates but were inside a ship we had stolen from bossk. In the back was an automated skinning table. when the pirates came to kill us we capture one of the men. My friend put him on the table and started it skinning him alive. We did kill the rest of the pirates but I catorized his leg to stop the bleeding but then threw him into the vacuum of space as we escaped.

9. JediLeeora

JediLeeora Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 22, 2004
    A friend of my brother had a character that put several jawas inside a box and made it roll down a large hill. During the event the GM said that there was a lot of noise coming from the box on its decent down the hill.

Another event that was extremely funny was when two other players decided to shave the wookie character in our group. Then they proceded to paint the wookie NEON PINK. This paint was non-removable, so the character was beaten up or mugged by any other wookie he met.

Yet another one was:when a crazed player(one of which helped in the above insident)decided to place a wookie into a airlock and when in space opened the door. Then he flew the ship into the atmosphere of a planet, burning the wookie alive. All the while he drank a glass of water infront of the airlock window.

The same character that was in the last 2 events did another crazy thing. There was a time he obtianed 125 different types of explosives. He then went into the nearest crowded place and said, while holding a thermal detanator, "I will do it!" There was not any point to do this at all. He had to remake his character several times because he actually did do it sometimes.

-Drawkcab
    (Jedi Leeora's Brother)

10. Keyan_Stele

Keyan_Stele Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2000
    Well, I've been a GM now for a very long time, but that means I've played all the other characters in campaigns, particularly the evil ones. So....
    It's the little things that do it more than the big obvious ones I think. It makes the players think that you have planned for everything, when really you haven't. I guess it makes them a healthy amount of paranoid. Not too paranoid, just enough...

In the last campaign, there was a kindly old professor at a local university on the players' (starting) homeworld. He sent the players off on a mission with a Jedi Knight that he knew. The mission was to find some relics that would complete particularly puzzling map and then go to where the map indicated to uncover whatever was hidden there. The hope was that powerful artifacts, weapons, or even an enclave of Jedi in hiding might be found. As it turns out, the kindly old professor was actually rather evil at heart. He traveled in the company of a level 20 bounty hunter of my creation and tracked the characters during their adventures. He showed up at the very end of the campaign, during the final showdown, and managed to make off with an object of vital importance through a portal of somekind (think stargate).

The players of course were all mortified that the kind old professor turned out to be evil. Of course, the professor was able to make his escape, because the players also happened to encounter Darth Vader at this point in the campaign (hey...they're force users now; he was bound to catch up with them sooner or later).

Vader being able to find them at all, is of course, another evil twist of the GM enacted upon the gallant players. The players were enroute to this place before all this happened. As they were travelling deeper into the unknown regions, they were interdicted by Thrawn (at that time a captain or somesuch) and brought aboard his ship for a "random inspection". The players talked their way out of the situation and got underway. Thinking they were being smart, they spent three days flying off in another direction to some random planetoid where they landed and searched the ship. They found a tracking device planted by the Imperials, ditched it on the planetoid and took off again, resetting their course for their original destination. Thinking the Imperials foiled, they were quite happy with themselves.

Of course, what they failed to remember is that Thrawn tracked their interrupted vector when he originally interdicted them and triangulated the possible locations they were originally going to. (The players had plotted a course straight there, but of course, who would expect Imperials to be in the Unknown Regions?) Being the person that he is, Thrawn narrowed it down to the only habitable planet in the region. He contacted Vader because he had recognized the players' friendly and accompanying Jedi Master NPC during the "talk" he had with the players (the Jedi Master is one of the most wanted persons in the galaxy afterall). Thrawn knew he was no match in personal combat for a Jedi Master that was standing right in front of him, even with a ship full of Imperials backing him up, he'd probably fall to the Jedi long before his forces overwhelmed the Jedi. So caught unprepared for a Jedi Master, he let the players and their Jedi friend go and called in Vader.

Anyway....when the players finally got to the planet, the Imperials, with Vader, had already arrived and set up a nice little trap for them in the main chamber where this yet to be activated 'stargate' was. The players arrived, activated the thing and then had a series of traps sprung on them: 1. The professor and his bounty hunter and the hunter's droids 2. The bounty hunter hired by an imperial inquisitor that had also been tracking the players for awhile and arrived just after they did, as well as his battle droids and 3. Darth Vader and a few squads of handy stormtroopers and a noghri bodyguard contingent.
    The situation seemed bleak...oh yes.

The battle ended with one player having jumped to his own death (comical story for another time), one

11. Binder-lover

Binder-lover Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 3, 2003
    I signed up for an RPG that nobody's posted on since I joined... :(

12. Tremaniac

Feb 26, 2002
    Yeah, that's usually pretty terrible. I've had to cut campaigns short like that due to unfortunate circumstances.

13. Warn_Cora

Warn_Cora Jedi Youngling

Oct 11, 2004
    Hello all! Well, I really only played two Star Wars RPG characters ever, the first, and far and away my very favorite shares the name i use on here. I played Warn for something like 4 years. He saw the death of the Old Republic, the birth of the Empire and the rise of the New Republic. I digress though, this is supposed to be about evil.

So Warn is missing an arm, courtesy of our favorite black clad bionic Lord of the Sith. He's also mising his bestest pal who was a Jedi Padawan, slain like a dog before his eyes. So he has his very own lightsaber that he can't use, a machine right arm which comes in handy, and a healthy dose of hate! Basically he spends the duration of the Empire era trying to find a way to bring about Vader's fall, all the while ebcoming more and more and like him, up to the point where we stopped, the only organic parts he had left were face and brain.

D'oh, gotta run for now. I'll hopefully continue later when I get a chance.

14. foomatic

foomatic Jedi Youngling

Jul 29, 2004
    After several rather annoying encounters with Bossk. My pirate character Raster decided he finally had enough of the trandoshian once and for all.

Previous encounters had always ended bad for the bounty hunter. On one occasion Raster decided to cut off a finger on each hand and just stood their laughting at him as he tried to hold his blaster. Raster wasn't force sensitive but he still managed to rack up a few DSP's. Seeing is how he always regenerated his limbs, and kept coming back was rather ammusing, but Raster soon grew tired of tormenting the lizard so he was going to end the relationship the only way he could think of. By spacing the trando.

The only thing Raster had to subdue Bossk with was detonite tape. You know the duct-tape that goes boom. No self respecting pirate should be without some. As Raster was draging him back to the ship. Bossk?s back up arrived. All of a sudden the Raster was dodging blaster fire from above. Raster had enough streetwise to recoginise the attacker as Boba Fett. Rather than attacking the bounty hunter he did what any good pirate would do, use Bossk as a human? I mean trandoshian shield.

Bossk goes boom! The rest of the group decides they can take on Boba Fett, by doing this they happen to delay him for a few rounds. That was enough for Raster to run away. The look on the other player?s faces was golden when I told the GM I had no intention of fighting and was running away.

So Fett has captured the entire party, so what does Raster do? Go rescue his friends, of course not he promotes himself to captain of the ship and leaves.

15. Magellan_the_Cat

Jul 21, 2003
    One group had a really annoying person as a player. The mission was for the rebels to get to the x-wings and escape. The party finally gets there, and the annoying player has bad pilot skills. The bounty hunter offers to let him ride in the gunner seat of the Y-Wing. The rest of the party takes off, and the bounty hunter flies straight to imperial base, and turns in the annoying guy for the bounty. The Rebels loose a mediocre agent, and the annoying player has to come up with a new character.

Everyone else was ammused.

I did have to ammend the house rule.
    Former rule: Any character that kills another PC gets an instant DSP (and in d6, that's a lot bigger problem).

New rule: Any character that kills another PC or otherwise makes it impossible for the player to continue using a character within the game gets a DSP.

16. Mediator

Mediator Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2004
    Worst I've done? It's very low, and somewhat disgusting, I'll warn you now.....

The DM was testing my restraint and ability to keep from doing something darksided. I was a jedi. He made a little group of children walk up to me and start teasing me about everything my character did or said. Next thing I knew I had one child forcegripped and forcelightninged(all at once for about a half an hour) until blood poured fourth from his eyes, ears and mouth.

17. Binder-lover

Binder-lover Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 3, 2003
    My character is currently in love with General Veers...

18. Jedi_Knight_Jonas

Jedi_Knight_Jonas Jedi Master star 3

Sep 26, 2003
    we stabbed padme. she mouthed off to us.

not much of a story, but it was pretty funny.

19. Tremaniac

Feb 26, 2002
    Not StarWars, but definately SW related.
    Just started a Vampire game last night for the first time in over a decade. Not one to play normal, I opted for a Malkavian. A Malkavian who thought he was Lando Calrissian. It got so bad at one point, I'd find a fitting StarWars reference for just about every scene, and players would start to wonder which game they were actually playing! Malkavian, spreading the insanity one fragile mind at a time!

20. NeoKnight

NeoKnight Jedi Youngling

Dec 19, 2004
    the worst thing?

oow i know that's got to be going to Exar Kun's temple on Yavin 4 and begging him to possesse me

(it worked)

21. Owned

Owned Jedi Youngling

Dec 20, 2004
    lets see,
    we were trying to escape a planet that was being attacked by the empire. I boarded the shuttle with 2 of my fellow PC's. well, as we were taking off the bombardment from orbit began. our ship got hit, Due to numerous botches on behalf of the pilot, My character decided to "fix the engine" well as he got back to the engine compartment, w got hit again, and the engine room kinda vaporised in from of him, and I rolled to save my own butt, well, QUADRUPLE BOTCH. I rolled a 1 on 5 dice. 2 charachter points from me and 3 from me fellow PC's and I spent a week in a bacta tank.

22. Ackyuna

Ackyuna Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 30, 2004
    Uhh... being an Imperial Officer, it gives me tons of choices. Lets say it involved a Twi'Lek dancer, and adult themes. Hehe....

And I shot a rebel right in the...

23. Ackyuna

Ackyuna Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 30, 2004
    Well... it wasn't evil, but it was mean. Mean! My character spent hours making a female officer a breakfast in bed, and I was rewarded from her(she was a pc) by a wonderful kick in the... that dropped my hp by more than half... before I got to hospital. Yup.

24. somebeach

somebeach Jedi Youngling

Dec 25, 2004
    On swkotor the first one, i asked Juhinha(sp) whats wrong and got my head biten off.

Thank You
    Jacob

25. NeoKnight

NeoKnight Jedi Youngling

Dec 19, 2004
    preformed mass genocide on the sand people.

yes thats right not a single one left. beat the Anakin Skywalker.

got lots of darkside points for that one

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.