main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Worst Ways To Die.

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by Diverjkc, Jan 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jhc36

jhc36 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 19, 2003
    hahahahahaha.... thats a pretty horrible way of dying.

2. Stridarious

Stridarious Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 27, 2002
    A funny way my friends character died was by blowing himself up, and then there was that time he had a character that was his get the air sucked from a room and his head exploded. [face_laugh]

3. Vast

Vast Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2003
    My players were on a ship they had stolen and everything was going wrong. They succeed against all odds of surviving against radiation, poisonous gas, electrically charged floors, coolant leaks, and finally a crash landing. The ship is about to explode, and one of my players jumps out of the emergency exit. He didn't realize he was high enough above ground to die from the falling damage, lol.

4. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    I've had a couple fun ones.

The party's ship was crashed on a planet and we were using the wookie pilot's gunkparts dealer connection to try to fix it. Well, the parts dealer, being an independant business being in need of credits, call the bounty hunter guild. 3 Hunters show up. We take down 2. I was incapacitated, the brash pilot/jedi wannabe was barely conscious, and the Wookie decided to surrender.
    Hunter: OK, got the bounty on you, recognize her from the Imp posters. Who's this guy?
    Wookie: Oh, he's no one.
    Hunter: OK.
    Blam.
    Thus ended my first character.
    --------
    We'd hijacked a Corellian Gunship and had to get away from the Star Destroyer. We had 4 people and an R2 droid. Our pilot, without consulting us, desided that instead of buzzing the ISD as planned, to ram it. Well, we blew up the ISD, and made new characters.
    --------------
    We've done some dumb stuff!

Next adventure I run, the party is going to be infiltrating ISD Avenger to break out a Mon Calimari prisoner held there since Tarkin died, and steal a new design of TIE fighter. They might survive...

5. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    The players had amassed a big reputation and gained a powerful arch-enemy. He put out an illegal bounty on the party and sent all of the hunters he had on retainer after them. I decided to have some fun and created detailed histories for all these guys&gals.

The ambush is set, the trap is sprung, the party betrayed. 6 bounty hunters show up: some from behind crates, some from other doors, one with a jetpack from another landing platform, and one who came swinging in on a rope, and then drew 2 lightsabers and turned them on.

This last guy was one of the tougher of this group. He'd been hunting Jedi before he ran out of targets to catch, and meantime actually learned to use a lightsaber (no force talent, just skills--7D). What happens?

The weakest party member shoots. This character had 3d of blaster, and she hit him. Not only did she hit him, and got a 6 on the wild die (D'OH die), he botched, and had a final strength of 4 vs her damage of 18. Dead inside a single round--didn't get more than one action(he was waiting for the jedi to attack him).

Of the players, 1 died (the jedi all the hunters were targeting because he had the biggest bounty) and 2 were incapacitated.

Of the hunters: the only one that survived was the weakest member of the group, who jumped on a speeder after the last of his colleages was killed. Ironically, he was the one who managed to kill the Jedi.

6. Jedi_KNick

Jedi_KNick Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 16, 2003
    I thought that a funny death would be if somebody on a ship accidentally opened the exit door, was sucked into space, and killing everything in the ship. Yet another hilarious and utterly stupid death.

7. Fingorfin

Fingorfin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2001
    I've seen it happen. It's not pretty.

8. Jedi_KNick

Jun 16, 2003
    Wow. That's really stupid.

9. Duke_Landwalker

Duke_Landwalker Jedi Master

Nov 7, 2000
    Early on when 2nd edtion came out our campaign hit full throttle! My Alien student of the Force, Pandora was racing away from an Imperial systems patrol craft, myself and one other PC were fleeing in Z-95 head hunters our lasers and concussion missles failed to stop the craft so they pursued us.My wing man jumped into Hyperspace with relitive ease however my damaged Z-95 had no working Hyperdrive. Hopeing I would be captured I looked my GM into the eyes and said. "Let them do what they will" my hull roll was 4 and the imperials had a 21........that night I made Bikks a Jawa trader............

10. Jedi_KNick

Jun 16, 2003
    Uh, you confused me. Does that mean he died?

11. Duke_Landwalker

Duke_Landwalker Jedi Master

Nov 7, 2000
    Pandora is worse than dead she's dead Jim!

12. Jedi_KNick

Jun 16, 2003
    This isn't in Star Wars, but when we were playing D&D at my friend's house, we were in the King's throne room ready to kill him. There are two guards protecting the king. My friend draws a magic card that has the picture of a dragon on it. A dragon comes out of the card and burns the two guards and the king in one attack. That's a horrible death for those guys.

13. DarthArraKul

DarthArraKul Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 30, 2003
    over my years of running Star Wars i have had these three brothers( we will call them A, P, & D) who play in my campaigns... two of which are regulars...
    these guys are the true embodiment of BLOOD-PUDDING.... they have found all different ways to die.. and here are just a few..

A.. jumped out of a landspeeder to avoid a tossed grenade.. he jumped on the grenade.
    A.. blown out an airlock
    P.. opened airlock.. was also blown out
    D. a senator who was assainated by a fellow pc.. (( should watch what you vote for in the imperial senate))
    A..mauled by a defel in an elevator(( i let him live.. but the rolls said he should be dead.... we had great fun with a quadroplegic character...)))
    P.. mauled by snow beasts in the forest.. all he hadda do was scream for help
    P..vaporized while trying to dismantle a bomb... character knew nothing about demolitions

and those are just some of the highlights... collectively they have been beaten, burned , maimed, stabbed, shot, decapitated, vaporized,irradiated... well you get the idea..

these poor guys have died in just about evry way imaginable....and they keep coming back for more (( except for D))....and thats why we love em.. and they've improved over the years..((( thank god.. i was running out of new ways for them to die...lol

14. MasterDagon

MasterDagon Jedi Youngling

Aug 11, 2003
    Well, I had one character in the WEG d6 system that was destined to die. I named him Marc Supernova. He didn't last long, doomed for his name.

Another character I had, I decided to base off of the character of Bob McGraw from the movie 'Up the Creek'. Well, he was an AWOL pilot from the Rebellion that had also taken his X-Wing starfighter with him. Well, a Bounty Hunter, with a reputation as feared as Boba Fett's, if not more so, at least in our campaign, showed up to take him in. The Bounty Hunter was called Daxxus Shane, and had no qualms shooting first and asking questions later. Well, when Shane said his name, my character had actually NEVER heard of him. This dumbfounded Shane, since these days all he had to do was give his name and the quarry would cooperate. Well, I had the pilot look over to one of his drinking buddies, who was shaking in fear, and said, "He spoke his name, 'I'm Daxxus Shane,' as though that were all the explanation needed. As though his name alone could strike fear into any who heard it directed at them." Well, that was that, as Shane yanked out his blaster and turned the pilot into a corpse in short order. For the 20 or so minutes I played the character, it was great.

There are many more, but those are two of the most memorable for me.

15. DarthArraKul

Jul 30, 2003
    " I LIGHT UP".. Daxxus Shane

16. CorelliansRock

CorelliansRock Jedi Youngling

Sep 9, 2003
    I had to kill off a bunch of my friends one time. They were in the hangar bay being morons, lighting people and things on fire and the like. I told them to stop, they did'nt. I turned on my ships engines, pointed it at them and microwaved them all. . .you all know what happens when you microwave marshmallows right. Needless to say they were all extra nice in their new characters. "Nuke 'em 'till they glow!"

17. Skystrider77

Skystrider77 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 6, 2003
    that guy is a true bad ass!

18. bluephoenix

bluephoenix Jedi Youngling

Dec 21, 2001
    hmm... was gonna post about how I had FusionBlaster killed... but that's been done.
    Then I remembered about Fingorfin "spacing" a ship... but, that's been posted as well.

So... I'll tell ya about another fun droid.

I really have a knack for making it hard for players to enter a game. I don't do it intentionally, it just works out for the worst. (can't say I don't find some humor in it)
    The players are hold up in an old governmental building, and they put the party npc - a trigger happy droid - out infront of the building to keep anyone from intruding on their meeting.
    -Enter the new player in the group. He just landed his ship (something the party has been needing for awhile now) and dropped the ramp. Unfortunately, he landed right infront of the building. The droid didn't care for talking much, aside from the usual snide comments, and blasted him... roll=20... crit check=20... damage 18. Dead player. TOO FUNNY!
    (by the way, it's a Dk. Side game)
    Next player... after all that happened, the PC's went out looking for trouble. They ran across a young jedi girl. Eager to capture/kill her, some of them start the fight. She puts up good resistance and ends up grappled into submission. The grappler has a moment of conscience come into him and decides to let her get away - this time (cause she's young and not much of a threat n all...). As they start to leave, the droid stays for a sec, pondering what just happened. After deciding that the girl will become a threat to them in the future... and that the PC grappler must be ill or something... the droid starts blasting at her. He injures her, but she doesn't drop. One of the PC's starts shooting at the droid, making the droid become cross at him. He drops the player in 2 rounds.
    (That droid has done the most damage to the party than anything else they have faced so far, and the droid is STILL in the party...)

If anyone else drops from him, it's their own fault.

19. DarthArraKul

Jul 30, 2003
    well well well.. one of my players from my previous post has had yet another encounter with death..

this time the player known as "p" handed himself over to the mandalorian clan leader whiledragging the unconcious form of player "a".. he tried to convince the mandalorians that he wanted to join them then basically proclaimed that he was a passifist... needless to say the mandalorians were offended by theis and both players A and P died.... again (((( sigh )))

however on a positive note player P did survive an encounter with Mandalorians the next time he faced them with his new character, however he found the joys of mandalorian flamethrowers.. 6rounds of burning.. .. negative wound points.. but he eventually burned out and made his stabilization roll.. yayyyy

20. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I was forcibly ejected out of a converted airlock in the midst of hyperdrive, and after a prolonged battle on the outer hull of the ship with a Sith Lord he used the Force to eject me from the hyperreality bubble...

21. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    Getting shot by a technician with 2d blaster, critically fumbling my strength role, and rolling 1's on 3 of the 5 skill points I burned to save my butt.
    The tech had a std blaster pistol and rolled 2 6's on the wild die. My final roll was about 9, his was 31. None of the other characters had medpacks.

22. Jedi_Xen

Jedi_Xen Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2001
    I was playing a Jedi. Our group had just successfully fought off a pirate attack but the Corellian Cruiser was beyond repair. We were trapped on the bridge with the blast doors sealed, which we didnt want to open anyway because there was a big hole that would have sucked us into outer space and we would have suffocated a horrible death. Being the only Jedi in the group I was convinced to cut a whole in the floor so we can get to the escape pod, the GM said I had to roll high, of course I fumbled, the GM made me roll again to see how bad I fumbled, again I rolled the complete opposite of what I should. What happened to the group? As the green blade of my lightsaber passed into the floor it hit just the right spot to release the lock on the blast doors and the entire group got sucked into space. Needless to say we all died, and spent most of the rest of the night making new characters.

A couple of people were mad at me, but I wasnt the person who put us in that predicament in the first place. Had the captain not been so battle eager we could have escaped into hyperspace instead of fighting a pirate fleet without any support.

23. Jedi_Knight_Jonas

Jedi_Knight_Jonas Jedi Master star 3

Sep 26, 2003
    3 WORDS: Ewok Tribal Feast

Although Luke, Han, and Chewie were able to survive, we were not. Our group's jedi use force lightning, pissing off the ewoks and making the situation worse. We all were burned up and eaten

24. Tellas

Tellas Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 6, 2003
    I nearly drowned in a pool of Gorax urine myself.

25. Jedi_Knight_Jonas

Jedi_Knight_Jonas Jedi Master star 3

Sep 26, 2003
    ^^^^^^^^^ew.....

last night, with our new characters made, decide to go hunting a sith lord and his minions.
    long story short:

trap us in a cave.
    send 2 kyrant dragons into the cave.
    send 20 battle droids into the cave after we defeat dragons.
    blow up cave after battle droids lose.

crushed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.