main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Wraiths in the NJO! (minor SBS spoilers)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Face Loran, Nov 1, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Face Loran

Face Loran Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 21, 1999
    Was anyone else psyched that the Wraiths got mentioned so often in Star by Star? I'm hoping all those references to them is a set up for Allston's duology. I'm also really glad the Face Loran is still alive and in charge of the Wraiths. Sounds like they are very good at what they do, too. They tracked down the vong ship that had "captured" the strike team pretty quickly and had to be called off. They even were sent into space combat again to help in the defense of Coruscant, very cool.

2. corran_rouge9

corran_rouge9 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 28, 2001
    Yay! Will be glad to see them return. Hope to have Myn and Lara with them...

3. Face Loran

Mar 21, 1999
    Has there been any information about the Wraith's in Enemy Lines? I'm already eagerly awaiting it....

4. Draco_Starcloud

Draco_Starcloud Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 25, 2001
    Hooray for Wraith Squadron! Go Face! Go Piggy! Go Tyria! Yippee!

5. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    Allston's confirmed that a few of the Wraiths will be seen, I forget the exact quote, but not all of them, though there may be some new ones.

6. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    Is Kell still with em? How about Runt? Or Piggy? Or Tyria(spelling please)? Or Dia? I mean, you gotta have more than just Face really for it to be still Wraith Squadron to me. NJO Rogue Squadron has at least Gavin and Lujayne's sister (can't remember Ms. Forge's name right name, just her sister's) from the X-wing novels. But I can let Rogue Squadron go since I've seen it often with several different line-ups, though most of em had Wedge in em. But the line-up we had at the end of Solo Command for the Wraiths was the last line-up we saw of them prior to now. And their line-up didn't change as much as the Rogues did.

I mean, for most of the X-wing novels (the first four) the only Rogues who could be found in the line-up who appeared in the squadron line up in the comics as well were Wedge and Tycho, and Wedge, Tycho, Wes, and Hobbie appear in the line-up of the squadron in numerous books besides those in the X-wing series. Not only that, but we see a different line-up in ESB than in the comics and novels. And the same for SotE. So the Rogues are one thing. But it would be nice to know that more than just Face are still with the Wraiths by the NJO.

7. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    Knight, it's Inyri. ;)

8. Face Loran

Mar 21, 1999
    Yeah, I hope Kell is still around, too. A lot of my favorite Wraith's are gone (Ton died, Wes and Wedge on to other stuff), but as long as Face is there, i will enjoy it. I wonder what rank he is by now....

9. Dark_Sith_Alf

Dark_Sith_Alf Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2000
    I hope Voort Sabring "Piggy" is still part of Wraith Squadron.

10. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    I assume they are still in Intel. Neat.

11. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    Thanks PrinceXizor. You can tell when I'm being really lazy on here because I don't bother to get the books in order to get the name of the character I'm after. That is, if I actually know the name but can't think of it at the moment. Instead I ask folks to fill in the blank for me.

12. wesgirl

wesgirl Jedi Master star 1

Sep 30, 2001
    I would LOOVE to see Shalla and Kell go hand to hand with the Yuuzhan Vong :) They are my all time fave Deadly Dynamic Duo!!

wesgirl

13. ganner_rhysode

ganner_rhysode Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 7, 2001
    It was pretty cool in SbyS when it mentioned how furious Face was at having been called off the attempted Jedi rescue. I could really picture it and made me long for the Wraiths to feature prominently again.

And as with Mastadge, I'm sure I can remember Aaron Allston confirming the return of some Wraiths in his duology.

14. Kelly

Kelly Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 30, 2001
    Aaron has said some of the Wraiths are still there. Let's see if we can pinpoint who.

We know Face is still in charge. And they were still in intel. The other possibilities are Kell, Tyria, Piggy, Runt, Elassar, Dia, and Shalla. Lara was forced to leave the group, and I don't think she's coming back. Myn left at the end of Solo Command to join Rogue Squadron. I personally believe that when he left the Rogues, he found her again and tried to resolve their relationship. Wedge and Wes left the squadron. Everyone else died. Unless I'm forgetting someone.

I've read, I believe in chat transcrips, that Aaron's said that Tyria probably would have left the squadron sometime after that to pursue her Jedi training. There's nothing saying that she could not have returned to the squadron at a later date. I personally hope to see Tyria as a Jedi with the Wraiths. There is a lot of potential with this scenario, or just with Tyria being a Jedi. I am guessing that Kell and Tyria married, so he is probably where she is.

Face is in charge. He and Dia were pretty close. I would also guess that they married eventually. Dia is most likely still with the Wraiths.

Piggy and Runt are most likely still with the Wraiths as well. I can't picture either one anywhere else, even though they have proven themselves enough to be accepted elsewhere. They have found a home here, though, and I can't see them forsaking it.

Shalla and Elassar are unknowns to me. They may or may not still be with the squadron. I really don't have an argument for or against them being with the squadron.

Is there anyone I missed?

15. Doright

Doright Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 1999
    "It was pretty cool in SbyS when it mentioned how furious Face was at having been called off the attempted Jedi rescue"

who knows. The Jedi team was still behind ememy lines at the end of the book. Maybe in the next book Face Will ignore orders and go in after them anyway. Maybe that will be how they get out.

16. Dae-Won_Song

Dae-Won_Song Jedi Youngling

Oct 5, 2001
    Didn't Tyria have a near-usless force talent?

Also, I hope Elassar is still with the wraiths, he was one of the best characters!

17. Lt_Kettch

Lt_Kettch Jedi Youngling

Nov 4, 2001
    i hope the Lt Kettch prank is still in there.

Yub Yub

18. LordCroesus

LordCroesus Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 15, 2001
    In the Dark Ruin duology, at Dantooine one of the Tough Squadron pilots was a Gamorrean in a Y-wing. Unfortunately all the Toughs were killed in the YV attack, so let's hope it was some other Gamorrean capable of flying.

19. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    From an interview a while back:

Do you think Tyria will ever become a Jedi Knight?

<Allston> Kriel: Yes, I do. She began to have breakthroughs with her perception of the Force, as shown in SOLO COMMAND. My sense is that she'll stay with the Wraiths only a short time longer before setting out on Jedi training. (GA)

<GhentZ> Perhaps we can convince some of the NJO authors to write her in. :)

<Allston> GhentZ: If any of the NJO writers decide to include Wraith cameos, I'd be happy to work up a set of recommendations on what they've been doing in intervening years.

20. KansasNavy

KansasNavy Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2001
    Will we even recognize the Wraiths? I mean, they left starfighter command to go to NRI last we saw them. They might not fly X-wings anymore, or anykind of starfighter for that matter. They might have blastboats and light transports or Prowlers. But since the fought at Coruscant in SbS, I assume they're still armed. But seriously, the Wraiths might have evolved into something other than the X-wing squadron of misfits.

21. suncrusherX

suncrusherX Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 18, 2001
    lt. kettch.

I just realized he is the one character that EVERYONE loves. We all disagree on most everthing, but lt. kettch brings us all together.

Join me in a group "yub yub!"

22. Kelly

Kelly Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 30, 2001
    MAS has confirmed in an online chat that the Gamorrean in tough squadron was not Piggy. He said something along the lines of, "Piggy's too smart for that."

The Wraiths can still fly snubfighters. They did so in the Battle for Coruscant at the end of SbS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.