main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Books The Wrath of Darth Maul Biography by Ryder Windham (SPOILERS... heavy SPOILERS be warned)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by CeiranHarmony, Dec 7, 2011.

1. Daft-Vader

Daft-Vader Chosen One star 8

Aug 6, 2008
    Search your feelings... you know its going to be Ahsoka... [face_plain]

2. Darth_SHOT

Darth_SHOT Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 11, 2004
    what if... MAUL KILLS HER!!!!????

3. Daft-Vader

Daft-Vader Chosen One star 8

Aug 6, 2008
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Oh wait... you're serious...

See that would be the real turn of events - A Sith Lord who can wipe out at least Two Jedi Masters and a Older Jedi Padawan should mop the floor with her....

but this is TCW...

There is no way they would let that happen...

4. The Extreme Moderate

The Extreme Moderate Jedi Grand Master star 1

Jun 30, 2005
    Sure. :) And to be honest, I could be viewing this through a different (and, admittedly/comparatively, wrong) lens, as well. I've spent the last couple of years really delving into reading biographies of the US Presidents. In the political world, if, for example, you have a large accomplishment and then it later turns out that that policy, legislation, or deed wasn't what it seemed, then it could really come back and besmirch your legacy. Take, for example, Andrew Jackson. He was ridiculously popular in his heyday, but as time went on, we realize that he wasn't as phenomenal as was thought (economic policy, Indian policy, slaveholding...) I know there was a huge debate back when ROTS came out whether Obi-Wan was right to leave Vader to die. I don't think it should be rehashed. There was also debate over Obi-Wan's 'policy' toward Hett. So, it was tough to see an incident in that vein happen again. It wasn't his Sith destroying record that I'm worried about. With Obi-Wan's character, I don't think it was ever about 'scoring points'. Instead, I feel it hurts Obi-Wan's legacy. A devil's advocate could plausibly point to Maul, Vader, AND Krayt and call each of them "Obi-wan's Folly." Each of them (presumably, in Maul's case) goes on to create such damage, death, and darkness after their 'death' at Obi-Wan's hands. I'm not saying I agree with this. But I'm saying that the argument can now be made more persuasively.

Maybe I should just take a break from reading Rutherford B Hayes... :p

5. Darth_SHOT

Darth_SHOT Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 11, 2004
    well they've been bulding up Maul for the last few months... and it would be a great oportunity for Anakin to go bats*** crazy on Maul and Savage. I called it first! Maul kills Ahsoka! :p

6. Darth_Foo

Darth_Foo Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    If this happens, then Maul surviving would be totally worth it. [face_skull]

7. jacktherack

jacktherack Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2008
    yeah you know like when they let a little kid boba fett outsmart durge...

8. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    You are not the first, that idea was speculation, months ago. [face_mischief]

9. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    That's... a very intriguing idea. I've never thought about that before. [face_thinking]

I'm torn. On one hand, seeing his Padawan brutally slain, would push Anakin one more step further to the dark side; but on the other hand, seeing his Padawan brutally slain by a Sith, would push Anakin one more step towards hating the Sith specifically. Hmm...

But, yes, glorious as that would be to see, I'm going to agree with Daft that it'll probably be the other way around. :p

10. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    I wonder if Maul's return includes a face to face fight with the emo-one? Surely; if he sees Maul, Anakin will have all the proof he needs to believe the sugar-coated words of Chancellor Palpatine.

11. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    I'm sure there will be a scene with Palpatine, Anakin, Dooku, and Maul all together in the same room at the same time.

12. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Eeny, meeny, miney, moe... wIth which little Sithy should I go...

13. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    The only thing that Luceno didn't do, was put the four of them in the same room with Damask.

14. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    It could have still happened. Give the EU a little time, and I bet it will/did happen. ;)

15. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Reading "Endgame" now....

Certainly, a gamechanger.

16. LadyTila

LadyTila Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 13, 2010
    Please tell us EVERYTHING about End game,and why is it gamechanger[face_praying]:D

17. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003

Short Version:

Sidious inadvertently affords Maul the chance to discover the truth about his relationship with Hego Damask. Before the Jedi return to Naboo, Maul is sent on a mission to locate the Gungan Cities. He meets Veruna's former bodyguard and a short time later, Maul figures it out. Odd to know, Anakin wouldn't have been successful in blowing up the TF Droid Control ship if Maul had wanted the Nemoidians to succeed. Just as foolishly arrogant as his master was, Maul inadvertently paved the way for the Queen's plan to work...

EDIT:

Shame that Luceno didn't get to write Wrath of Maul.
    But then, it wouldn't have been a kiddies-book, now would it?
    [face_blush]

18. HedecGa

HedecGa Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2006
    Wait, End Game is out now? I thought that was the 31st?

19. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    I bought the ebook on January 12th....
    It took them 11 days and multiple hr long chats to get me the correct download.

Worth the wait, this short story has some brass balls.
    Maybe not a bright shiny pair, but solid metal nonetheless.

TPM cannot be seen as the same anymore; especially Theed, after this.

Edit3:
    I am slightly confused with the length of time between the king's deathwalk with Plagueis and Amidala taking back the throne. Need to reread the part w/ Magneta and Maul.

20. HedecGa

Apr 19, 2006
    I just got it on the Nook. Off to read now...[face_coffee]

21. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Page 252, IIRC.

22. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Page 252, IIRC.

I can see where there might be TCW implications, since Maul named himself Supreme Commander of the Trade Federation army. Maybe they'll still over his commands. Makes me even madder about the droid general.

Sidious' errors had a domino effect, if there has to be an IU reason.

23. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001

I love Luceno and his Galactic Battlegrounds references. I thought everyone had forgotten about that mission.

TC

24. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    Also, Ryder Windham was kind enough to do an interview with me about the Wrath of Darth Maul--you can check it out here.

TC

25. HedecGa

Apr 19, 2006
    Excellent interview, TC!