main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Writers' Lounge - Latest Version! Everyone is welcome!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Liz Skywalker, Jul 31, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    This site might have what you need. I've used it before and it's pretty good.

Drew's script-o-rama

Herman, lift your feet so I can sweep underneath. [face_mischief]

2. Herman Snerd

Herman Snerd Jedi Master star 6

Oct 31, 1999
  3. MariahJade2

Mar 18, 2001
    Make me!

Hey,is that Jennifer Garner that just walked into the lounge? ;)

4. Herman Snerd

Herman Snerd Jedi Master star 6

Oct 31, 1999
    Aha, so you know my weakness. :eek:

5. MariahJade2

Mar 18, 2001
  6. red rose knight

red rose knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2001
    Oh, I love Drew?s script-o-rama. You can find just about anything there and some things you never thought to look for. :)

Hey, the place is starting to look pretty spiffy.

To Renata?s question about challenges, I?ll say my favorite one was the Obi-Wan Workshop sock challenge. It went over really well among regulars and not so regulars. We had 32 two replies (of course some were authors making multiple posts ;) ). It was fun and interesting because it forced me to write outside my normal everything. Not just stuff I was comfortable writing, but writing in a different style and reaching for different ways to describe things just to fool readers.

I had to keep going back on my entries to change terms or phrases that I commonly used?my safety descriptions?and look for new and original ways of saying things. I learned a lot from that particular challenge and I am still thinking of ways to diversify my writing in just my regular posts.

7. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Horror stories, eh? Hm, Vampi, I should throw a plot bunny in your direction. I keep meaning to tackle it to post for Halloween, but I just haven't had the time...

8. Vampi_Digitalwytch

Vampi_Digitalwytch Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 11, 2004
    Throw it my way whenever Renata. :) Horror's been good to me, case in point, I got the word today that I'm definitely going to be in Splat Books' Self Mutilation anthology series.

Considering it was 5am here when I checked my inbox and got the email, I woke up the entire house with my yell. Then my hubby said 'Nice work, did you make the coffee yet'.

And they say romance is dead. [face_laugh]

9. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    I also loved the Obi-Wan Workshop sock challenge. It was a blast to try and figure out who wrote what and, like RRK, I wrote outside my normal writing styles (I actually wrote 3 - all different).

Hope they do it again!!!

10. MariahJade2

Mar 18, 2001
    Let's see if my friend can find this. :)

11. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    That would have been a great one to have gotten in on, had I had the time. I love writing pastiches of specific author's work. I wrote one for The Great Gatsby and another for Things Fall Apart, and I loved them.

Right now, I've been working a lot on an Obi-Wan/Anakin humour fic. It's the first one I'm finishing completely before posting, and I'm being very tight-lipped about it until it's done ;)

-sj loves kevin spacey

12. Darth_Tim

Darth_Tim Jedi Master star 4

Feb 26, 2002
    That sounded fun...I always miss the good stuff!!

-Tim (who probably would have written something totally mushy just to throw a curveball..hehe)

13. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Tim writing mush [face_laugh] That would be like my attempt to write mush with a straight face. Yeah, that definitely turned out to be pretty terrible :p I should stick with non-mush.

-sj loves kevin spacey

14. Vampi_Digitalwytch

Apr 11, 2004
    I've been giving humour a go with the Bloopers V2.0 thread going over on the Saga board. I'm more worried about unintentionally duplicating what someone else put down.

15. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Yah, I've had some short humour pieces and then one TPM script spoof I've been writing with my boyfriend that we haven't gotten to in a while... it also needed to be reworked a little to fit in some of the board's definitions of 'PG'. Certainly not intentionally, but you know how it is ;)

This fic I'm working on is more of true story type, though, just humorous. I hope it's funny, anyway. We'll see about that.

-sj loves kevin spacey

16. Saibh

Saibh Jedi Youngling

Jul 26, 2003
    MaraJade2 this is for you I made it. Took 30 minutes.

17. MariahJade2

Mar 18, 2001
    Yea! You made it. :D Hey peeps this is a friend of mine, that I dragged into this place. She writes of course. :)

18. Saibh

Saibh Jedi Youngling

Jul 26, 2003
    I use to write all the time but have run into a dry spell. Hopefully, that is over. I'm back to writing.

19. Jole

Jole Jedi Master star 3

Dec 12, 1998
    You'll have to keep an eye on her, Mariah. Saibh likes to climb in and out of windows. ;)

20. MariahJade2

Mar 18, 2001
    Well you just keep me updated OK? :)

21. MariahJade2

Mar 18, 2001
    JOLE! How are you? LOL. In and out of window's huh?

22. Vampi_Digitalwytch

Apr 11, 2004
    I hear you on the dryspells Saibh. I hit one on an anime fanfic I was working on and it's been going on three years, still dryspell on it.

23. Saibh

Saibh Jedi Youngling

Jul 26, 2003
    It was only once.

24. MariahJade2

Mar 18, 2001
    Well I"m sure it was for a good reason. ;)

25. Saibh

Saibh Jedi Youngling

Jul 26, 2003
    I have an original I'm writing and a Luke/Leia and hit dry spells on both. I'm starting to come out of the one for Luke/Leia but my original is going to sit for awhile.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.