main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Wrong Reason (New JA Story) AUTHOR'S NOTES (1/31)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jedi_Joon, Nov 2, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    Obi sounds like he has just had a vision of something in the future... *Sniff*

Good post! More soon please! :D

2. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    What's bothering Obi-Wan? He's getting creepy.

3. Jedi_Joon

Jedi_Joon Jedi Master star 3

Nov 1, 2001
    to those of you worried: Obi-Wan is not going crazy. ;)

4. LittleJedi

LittleJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2001
    I really like this story - keep it up!

-Little Jedi-
    MTFBWY

5. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    It wouldn't really matter after two days anyway.
    Does Neela have a death wish? :eek: But wait. She's a survivor.
    Sooo... ?[face_plain]

6. Jedi_Joon

Nov 1, 2001
    Okay, the next post is my job and I'm having major issues making it sound.....right. SO, it's off for the grueling beta work and some mad flurry discussions via PM w/HAL so it should be posted up in a couple of days.

7. juwannajedi

juwannajedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    what a great story! I like it!

8. Jedi_Joon

Nov 1, 2001
    thanks juwannajedi! YAY! Another new reader!

Ho hum....HAL and I are still throwing ideas around for this latest post that's coming. It's got a bit of character history info. and other bits of the like and it's taking bloody forever for us to decide on anything.

It's rather late here. 3:38am to be exact. Should be in bed. What a depressing month in terms of serious things and in terms of more frivolous things.

Serious: planes, war, deaths, planes, more deaths.....

Frivolous: I cannot believe Savage Garden is no more and that Wes Borland has left Limp Bizkit. All in one go my music collection feels crippled.

Okay, not sure why I'm even typing this. Probably my pathetic attempt to do write something for this board. Feeling a tad guilty.

9. juwannajedi

juwannajedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    don't feel guilty. I'll just sit here, poised, waiting for a post.

Lina can tell you. I read even if it's a long time between posts...

/still waiting

/STILL waiting

:p

10. Ani_rhymeswith_pansy

Ani_rhymeswith_pansy Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 13, 2001
    Just sitting here............

Lurking..........

Waiting for a post..............

:)

11. Abbi_Cee

Abbi_Cee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2000
    Sounds like a bit of foreshadowing there by Lina, but yes, why is Obi so obsessed by dead masters? A bad feeling? ;)

12. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Wonderful post Lina!

I felt for Neela's thoughts that Master Lewix's quarters didn't feel right and Lina's thoughts of it being worse to 'be there and not being able to help one's master is superb foreshadowing!! :) :)

13. Jedi_Joon

Nov 1, 2001
    yeah, sorry guys. still writing it. i'm making it a tad bit longer so that's why it's taking some time.

14. Jedi_Joon

Nov 1, 2001
    Oh man...all this beta-ing and this post STILL falls flat!
    Well...in anycase, for those of you reading Lina's "If I Should Die Before I Wake" thread, a familiar name gets mentioned! :)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Neela had suffered another nightmare last night. And to his own frustration, Lewix had found himself acting as merely the person to wake her from it. He had felt awkward entering his old study that had been converted into the girl's bedroom. But hearing the muffled sobs on the other side, he had knocked lightly and then louder before entering. It had only taken one hand on her trembling shoulder before the gray eyes had snapped open.

They had regarded Lewix with a completely lack of recognition for a full minute. Looking around confused, Neela had looked so much younger than her fifteen years that Lewix could have mistaken her for a creche child. But upon a few moments of being awake, the same wearily veneer settled back in the steel eyes and Neela was once again the aged teenager.

The dark-haired Knight had felt at a loss, only being able to ask if Neela was okay. Which, of course, she wasn't. Anyone could tell but he felt the need to ask in any case. She had only responded with a mute nod.

Lewix had forced himself to try and think of what Damaeo would have done if he were in his position. And after a good twenty minutes of hard thought, Lewix came up empty. Was this some sort of testament to the kind of friendship he had held with his closest friend? He would always complain and dump his feelings on Damaeo who would soak it all in and then later perhaps share with Lewix his own concerns and worries which Lewix would always answer with his once typical sarcasm.

"The Council didn't act in the best interest of Knight Kurys is all I'm saying," said the redheaded Knight, glumly.

"Force, Damaeo. You act like the Council has some sort of prophetic powers. They're just like us, you know. They can't do things perfectly. I mean, Force knows they can't!"

It had always been like that. Damaeo had been the idealistic one while he had always played the cynic. The realistic, grounded cynic who always shook his head at his friend's optimism but admired him for it at the same time. It had been Damaeo's optimism and persistance that had saved their friendship. Not long after his return from his short but deeply traumatic work during the Sith Wars, Lewix had been more than a bit detached from Damaeo.

Lewix had seen Damaeo regard him with a kind of understanding and patient sadness at the way he had retreated slightly since the Wars' end. Despite having only been called to serve in the latter half of the struggle, the experience had turned the already slightly cynical Lewix into one who regarded life with a large dose of suspicion. But Lewix never suspected Damaeo of anything other than being a good friend. One of his best if not the best.

Lewix knew he never made the effort to truly restore the closeness they had shared before he had left while Damaeo remained safe at the Temple. The redhead had done it all, pestering Lewix in the hallways and forcing him to accept invitations to lunches to just 'chat'. Lewix imagined those times couldn't have been all wonderful for Damaeo either. He could be cruel in his cynicism at times.

And if anything, his friend's death solidified Lewix's wary outlook even more. To both the world and to himself. Had he been this negligent a friend that he couldn't even place himself in Damaeo's shoes and role as a Master for a lousy twenty-four hours?

Lewix knew he would have to speak with Neela a lot more in the next few days to try and do...whatever it was the Council felt he could do. He ran a hand over his dark hair in a frustrated gesture that it would be Jinn who left tomorrow on a shuttle to Goliathan. While he knew that Qui-Gon had also considered Damaeo a good friend, it irritated Lewix nonetheless that he had been so easily passed over as the knight to take over Damaeo's last mission. And it had been Master Yoda's idea, no less.

It was frustrating.

15. Healer Apprentice Lina

Healer Apprentice Lina Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2000
    Oh man, Joon!! You snuck in that Wes part!
    It's a great scene but ACK! Does this mean I need to write the sparring scene?! ACK!

16. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    Poor Lewix...
    Obi-Wan and Wes sparring? Cool! :D

17. Jedi_Joon

Nov 1, 2001
    MUHAHAHAHAA!! Yes, HAL! I DID indeed throw in that Wes part!

You can decide who wins though if you want. :D

18. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    Oh man, Obi is so gonna kick butt!!

*Gets her pom-poms*

Go Obi!

More soon please! :D

19. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

JediKnight-Obi-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 13, 2000
  20. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    Underestimate Obi-Wan you do. Kick your butt he will[I hope]!!!

21. Abbi_Cee

Jul 3, 2000
    Sith wars? I'm confused (my usual state), I thought the Sith wars were over a thousand years ago. ?[face_plain] So, Wes is going to fight Obi and thinks he's going to win? I think it's going to be harder than he thinks. :)

22. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Oh, poor Lewix, stuck with a girl he doesn't know how to handle. I liked the background you gave us to Lewix, the way the Wars changed him and made him more suspicious of life. Let's hope he's still young and flexible enough to lose some of that suspicion and help Neela.

I like Wes more and more! Worried about Neela, has compassion for Maggie, and now his confidence that he can flatten Kenobi. Well, one of those things might turn out to be wrong. I'm looking forward to it!

23. Healer Apprentice Lina

Healer Apprentice Lina Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2000
    Ahhhh.....
    here's a short post.
    Okay, I understand I'm flipping POV's a lot but I started it out as an external narrator so the switchings are not so bad. I hope.

It was possibly the longest sparring match anyone had ever seen. It had all started out simply enough. Wes had started out slow, building his speed with the intent on just tiring out Kenobi. Wes knew he had greater indurance than the other boy and had used it to his advantage. And for awhile, it looked like it was working. Kenobi's moves were slowing down. So much so that after half and hour, Wes had begun to use up more of his own energy.

And then, Kenobi had suddenly increased his speed to double the time.

Clever little whelp thought Wes as he saw the gleam in the other boy's eyes. He had known about Wes' abnormally high endurance and had used the older boy's confidence in it to try and wear him out faster. And while by the second hour of sparring, Wes did begin to feel tired, he wasn't about to let Kenobi win.

The match had gone on for over three hours. By that time, the students who had stayed behind to watch had begun to take bets on who would win. The sparring instructor had been too amused or stunned to end the session and merely watched as both padawans were wearing each other out with burns and physical exertion.

Why. Won't. This. Kid. Get. TIRED? Wes had thought through a determined grimace.

For his part, Obi-Wan felt like he was going to fall over by the beginning of the third hour. But he saw that Wes' eyes were now nearly completely dialated where it look almost solid black. Garen had told him that since Wes was an Eaanian, it was a sign that he too was getting tired. Obi-Wan took it as a sign of hope and pressed on.

But, all things came to an end and just before the instructor was about to end the match in fear the students might kill themselves, Wes finally managed to score a kill point. It hadn't been easy and something that Obi-Wan most likely would have been able to block if he too had been Eaanian and blessed with a higher endurance. But his block had been about a fraction too slow and younger padawan felt the sting of the lightsaber at the side of his neck.

"Kill point. Match to Ban'An," announced the instructor.

The crowd erupted in a round of applause and cheers they had been building up for the past three hours. Both Wes and Obi-Wan more or less fell heavily on ground in a tired heap. All Obi-Wan wanted to do now was curl up and go to sleep. Wes felt Quen grab his arm and throw it up in the air in an issue of triumph shouting, "YES!! The undefeated champion!!" The Eaanian thought it was a good thing Quen was holding his arm because it felt like lead.

Pushing back his sweaty clumps of dark hair that clung to his forehead, Wes looked over at Kenobi was being thumped on the back by several of the students who were more than impressed that he had lasted so long. While looking glassy-eyed from the exertion, Obi-Wan tiredly extended his hand towards Wes.

"Good match," he panted, looking even more worn out at the back thumping he was getting.

Wes accepted the hand and bowed his head with a smile. "I'd give you a proper bow but my legs are killing me," said the older boy.

The instructor sharply clapped her hands to disperse the crowd that had gathered around the exhausted padawans. "Alright, everyone. Give them some air. I'm sure they need it." The instructor quirked her eyebrow to Wes who remained sitting. "Feeling winded at last, Padawan Ban'An?" she inquired.

Wes grinned. "Yes, Master."

She nodded. "Right." Glancing over at Kenobi who was mopping his face with a towel handed to him, she said, "Very impressive, Padawan Kenobi. You and Padawan Ban'An now hold the record for the longest match in recent years."

"We'll break it next week," promised Wes with a crooked smile towards Obi-wan that the other boy returned.

"And next week, it'll be my turn to beat you," he promised. Wes didn't break his smile at the comment. He had no doubt Kenobi would give him

24. Abbi_Cee

Jul 3, 2000
    Loved the fight scene. :) Oddly enough I'm glad Obi didn't win the match, can't have the kid too much of a paragon, but I'm glad he gave Wes a good workout. :)

25. Jedi_Joon

Nov 1, 2001
    HAHA! Go Wes!
    Nice choice, HAL. I knew my boy could do it!
    I'll whip out w/my post later.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.